Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Psilocybin Extraction with A/B yielding crystals...
    #3257466 - 10/20/04 05:48 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Extraction of psilocybin and psilocin from psychoactive mushrooms

This is a revised copy of a previous write-up about an extraction of the psychedelic alkaloids from psychoactive mushrooms, mainly p. cubensis. The extraction will work for all of the psychedelic mushrooms that contain psilocybin/psilocin. It is an acid/base extraction derived from the DMT extractions that I have read about and performed. The method that I am listing below still has not been attempted by me, so I?d like to note that it is more of a theoretical process waiting on revision until it is finally attempted. The more input I can receive the better the final process and instructions will be. Please feel free to comment.

Overview: The psilocybin is to be extracted from pulverized mushrooms. As the dosages for psilocybin is beyond measuring with my digital scales, I will use 5 grams of dried p cubensis mushrooms. As I know the effect of this amount of mushrooms, I can compare the final extract with the trip from the 5 grams. The alkaloids will be removed from the mushrooms with an acidic solution and defatted with naphtha. After this the solution will be basified and the alkaloids removed with naphtha. The naphtha will be washed with two distilled water washes. The naphtha will be evaporated and the crystals washed one more time with cold distilled water to remove any traces of any basic solutions used in the extraction. The crystals that are left will be consumed and the effects judged to determine the performance of the extraction.

Materials:
Digital pH meter 1000mL Separatory Funnel
Acid (vinegar, muriatic, hydrochloric, sulfuric) Base (baking powder)
Distilled water Three quart Mason jars
Coffee Filters Glass stirring rod
Dried p. cubensis mushrooms VM&P Naptha

Procedure:
1) Prepare the mushrooms for extraction. They should be dried completely. All remnants of the casing layer should be scraped away. Grind the mushrooms in a coffee grinder to a fine powder.
2) Using the digital pH meter prepare 200mL of distilled water and acid to a pH of 2 in a quart Mason jar. You want to stir well when doing this. After you mix this, put it in a hot water bath on the oven until it gets to about 90?F. You?ll want all solvents and naphtha, unless otherwise specified in the instructions, to be at this temperature. Don?t get it higher or you?ll risk destroying precious alkaloids.
3) Pour the mushroom powder into the acidic solution. If you want to mix up 25-50mL more of the acidic solution to rinse out the coffee grinder, that?s fine. Just add it back to the Mason jar with the rest of the stuff. Stir well for 5 minutes, and then stir at 10 minute intervals.
4) After allowing the powder to sit in the warm acidic solution for 45 minutes it?s time to filter it and do another wash. The liquid contains a great percentage of the initial alkaloids found in the mushrooms and it is to be kept. Pour the mixture through a coffee filter into a second Mason jar. Put the powder back in the first Mason jar.
5) Mix up another 200mL of distilled water and acid to a pH of 2. Add this to the Mason jar that contains the mushroom powder. Place that Mason jar back into the warm-water bath on the stovetop.
6) Repeat step 4-5 one more time for a total of three washes. The first one should be 45 minutes while the second and third can be for only 15 minutes each. All of the liquid should be poured into the second Mason jar and saved. All of the alkaloids have now been extracted and the mushroom powder may be discarded.
7) We will now de-fat the acidic solution to ensure a purer finished product. Naphtha is what I will be recommending and using in this procedure. Pour the acidic liquid into a separatory funnel. Add 50mL of warm naphtha to the funnel. Turn the funnel upside down and right side up 10-20 times. Do this gently enough that great deals of bubbles don?t form. You?ll need to release the pressure in the funnel. Do this by turning the funnel so that the stopcock is aimed up and open it. I recommend doing this every 2-3 turns.
8) Allow the layers to settle out now. The bottom layer will be the acidic water solution containing the alkaloids and the top layer will be the naphtha containing the extracted fats.
9) Open the stopcock and save the water layer. The naphtha layer is to be discarded. Repeat the naphtha defatting once more to ensure complete defatting.
10) Now it?s time to basify the solution and get our crystals! The DEA site that I gleaned some of this information from states that too high of a pH can damage the alkaloids that we want to extract. They recommend 8.0-8.5pH be used. Since we want this to be as ?gentle? as possible, we will use baking powder as our base. Prepare 200mL of distilled water and baking soda until the pH is about 8.0. Add to the acidic solution, stirring regularly, until the pH reaches 8.0. The crystals are now ?loose? in the solution and ripe for the plucking!
11) Again we will be using naphtha as our solvent but this time, since the crystals are not dissolved in the liquid, they will migrate to the naphtha layer. Put the basified liquid into the separatory funnel and add 75mL of naphtha. It?s pretty much the same as the defatting, except we want to keep BOTH layers, but keep them separate. Repeat this step 2-3 times saving the naphtha each time and re-extracting with fresh naphtha from the basified solution.
12) Now we have naphtha that has all of the alkaloids in it. The basified solution can be tossed. Just to make sure that we got all of the baking soda out we?ll add some water to the naphtha in the separatory funnel and wash it out again. You can shake the separatory funnel now as hard as you want to, as the layers will separate quite rapidly. Do this twice, tossing the water and keeping the naphtha.
13) Time to evaporate that naphtha and watch our crystals form! Put a fan blowing on the naphtha and some heat underneath if you can. Pyrex dishes are great for extractions because you can scrape the crystals off so easy. Don?t get it hotter than 90?F. Naphtha takes a while to evaporate but I guarantee you that it will do just that.
14) After you evaporate the naphtha you?ll be left with some crystals. Put them in a coffee filter and pour extremely cold water over them. Just 100mL or so will be enough to wash away any parts still there that aren?t desired in the finished product. Scrape the crystals off of the filter and allow them to dry in a dark place.

That should do it! Psilocybin/psilocin crystals. Feedback welcome!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekbilly
earthwalker

Re: Psilocybin Extraction with A/B yielding crystals... [Re: retread]
    #3257760 - 10/20/04 06:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

what would be the storing parameters and lifespan of these crystals?

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Psilocybin Extraction with A/B yielding crystals... [Re: kbilly]
    #3257948 - 10/20/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

according to Kitchen Chemistry from Lycaeum

Quote:

Psilocin
Grind dried carpophores in a coffee grinder or fresh mushrooms in a blender. Apply the DMT algorithm.

So if this method works for DMT, should for psilocybin I guess. Be sure to post your results. If it works I'd definately give it a try. Methods posted on the other popular mushroom board often times involve simply making it into a 'shroom alcohol, which I'm less interested in. One method, with pics yielded nice blue crystals. But upon ingesting them the guy found them ineffective.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Invisiblefreakygurl
Stranger
Re: Psilocybin Extraction with A/B yielding crystals... *DELETED* [Re: retread]
    #3258009 - 10/20/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by freakygurl

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: Psilocybin Extraction with A/B yielding crystals... [Re: freakygurl]
    #3258028 - 10/20/04 08:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Vaka said:
A little bit on topic... Can you smoke freebase psilocin? It would be fun to try at least once.

Would a nice weed topping, If it yeilded effects.  :stoned:

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybin Extraction with A/B yielding crystals... [Re: vc77] * 1
    #3258157 - 10/20/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Psilocin dosent need or want to be burnt, make tabs or liquid hits. :mushroom2:

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybin Extraction with A/B yielding crystals... [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3259076 - 10/21/04 01:10 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

what about the efficiency of this method?
can u extract the psi content of, lets say, 50g dry matter without loosing
any of the psi power in the final extract?

say, that 1/25 of the final extract would still have the same power on me like 2g dry matter?

peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
    #3259998 - 10/21/04 10:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hmmmmm...i've pondered on this but never attempted it.is this your own extraction process or did you read this from another site?if you could xtract the majic this easy i would think many people would be doing it and talking about it just like they do with DMT.please let us know what happens.i got a friend with some dry field shrooms and i might get him to try this 2nite.

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3260170 - 10/21/04 11:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Vaka said:
A little bit on topic... Can you smoke freebase psilocin? It would be fun to try at least once.

I'd really, really like to know the answer to this.  As far as I'm concerned, it is still up for debate.  Please give it a shot if you are successful!  And remember that psilocybin melts at a low temperature, so you'd want an oil pipe/freebase pipe, and to start off with gentle heat.

Maybe you can snort it!  :grin:

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Psilocybin Extraction with A/B yielding crystals... [Re: kbilly]
    #3260472 - 10/21/04 01:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You'd want them to be dry and cold. Vaccuum sealed in a freezer, placed in capsules in the freezer, etc. Something like that.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Psilocybin Extraction with A/B yielding crystals... [Re: skullfarmer1979]
    #3260473 - 10/21/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

skull - Just some theories. The DEA website, i'll find a link when I get home in a little bit, talks about doing an a/b extraction on shroom choclates to get the psilocybin that those bastards need for a conviction. Thanks for the info cocksuckers!

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Psilocybin Extraction with A/B yielding crystals... [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3260494 - 10/21/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know why the crystals would be blue, psilocybin isn't. Thats just a re-hash of the myth that bluing = psilocybin (or oxidation of the psilocybin, both false).

Invisiblefreakygurl
Stranger
Re: Psilocybin Extraction with A/B yielding crystals... *DELETED* [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3260530 - 10/21/04 01:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3260838 - 10/21/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think I'm going to try it tonight maybe. Depends on wether or not the shroomies are "cracker dry" or not.

Offlinekbilly
earthwalker

#3261059 - 10/21/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thanks retread, i assume they oxidize, maybe if kept in co2 in a bottle would also be good. smoking may work but compared to ingesting it would be very wastefull, you probably have to smoke 10 times the amount unless you got a medical vaporizer. the extraction should get out most of the actives in the powder if done correctly, so yes youd get all the potency out, it may even be more "potent" because taking it in this form may make absorption easier eg you take the same amount in extracted or shrooms but youd piss out less, but thats just speculation, it may be that the faster absorbtion of crystals may make you pee out more.

doesnt really matter though your still gonna get wasted.
but would be use full form of transport and storage.
personally id stick that crystal in my bum, best absorption.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3261614 - 10/21/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

retread said:
I don't know why the crystals would be blue, psilocybin isn't. Thats just a re-hash of the myth that bluing = psilocybin (or oxidation of the psilocybin, both false).

Can you give more info to support this claim?? Everything I have read by many long time experts say other wise. :confused:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Psilocybin Extraction with A/B yielding crystals... [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3261869 - 10/21/04 07:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Every single extraction tek that is shown with pictures doesn't end up with a blue anything. Their just isn't any REAL evidence, other than "everyone thinks so, so it must be true!" to the claims.

Offlinepacopaco
Mad Hatter

Loc: Upstate New York
    #3261941 - 10/21/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Where can I find Naptha or a good substitute?  My friend wants to make mushroom beer with an extract.....  :cheers: and where can I find a seperatory funnel?  (Besides a mail order lab supply place or stealing one from the chem lab)

Invisiblefreakygurl
Stranger
Re: Psilocybin Extraction with A/B yielding crystals... *DELETED* [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3262285 - 10/21/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3262870 - 10/21/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"Well... that's still a topic of heated debate, bro. The most recent theories are leaning toward the bluing being caused by an actual pigment-forming group that attaches to (or forms on) some of the psilocin as it sits in the cells.

The actual blue stuff in these mushrooms has never been structurally identified despite repeated studies of psilocin oxidation.

In 1968, Bocks did a study reporting that an artificially produced blue compound was similar to the natural blue colorant... this was psilocin oxidized with laccase.

The latest study I can find (2001) proposes two hypothetical structures for the blue and the reduced colorless (after bluing fades) molecules... these are the "psindigo" and "leucopsindigo" forms, respectively. However, the actual structural work has not yet been performed as far as I know.

I'm just a detail monger... ask anyone.

Yes, psilocybin is amphoteric. A very annoying fact for those wishing to try an A/B extraction on mushrooms."

from ion at thenook.

http://forum.thenook.org/index.php?showtopic=2658&hl=psilocybin+extract

an extract guide as well.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order