Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
MBTI Personality Test
    #3185478 -

Ahh.  The Myers-Briggs test was finally mentioned in  this thread.  I love this personality test.  It's not like other tests you find on the internet that tell you "What color of the rainbow am I?"  This is a great tool in learning more about yourself and the people around you.

The real test costs money and it much more in depth, but I find that this test does quite nicely: http://similarminds.com/myers-briggs-jung.html 

This is an excellent site explaining what each letter means: http://www.geocities.com/lifexplore/mbintro.htm

You can find descriptions of each type at these sites:
http://www.personalitypage.com/portraits.html
http://www.typelogic.com
http://www.keirsey.com


I am an INFP.  What are you? 

:heart:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: April]
    #3185489 -

Very strongly an INTP :wink:

PS: there are many free tests around the net, I'll try and find a good one.


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: April]
    #3185495 -

A great web site that deals with the M-B types: www.socionics.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: trendal]
    #3185500 -

Here's a free MBTI test online:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: trendal]
    #3185506 -

> Very strongly an INTP

Something like only 9% to 11% of the population is INTP
Around 90% to 95% of all computer science majors are INTP


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: trendal]
    #3185525 -

Thanks, Trendal.  That's a good test, too!  :grin:

Ahhh, I knew you guys would be N's.  Only 25% of the population are N's and 75% are S's.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: ]
    #3185528 -

I agree with the descriptions of the types on that site... However, I find their descriptions of intertype relations to be off. I rarely agree with them!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: Seuss]
    #3185600 -

Something like only 9% to 11% of the population is INTP

From what I've read, it's closer to 1%...you may be thinking of NT types in general, which make up about 5-10% of the population.


Though I'm quite sure you are correct about the comp sci majors being almost all INTP. Apparently this frame of mind gives us an advantage with logic systems :smirk:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Edited by trendal (09/27/04 08:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: April]
    #3185705 -

"Introverted (I) 52.78% Extroverted (E) 47.22%
Intuitive (N) 54.55% Sensing (S) 45.45%
Thinking (T) 78.13% Feeling (F) 21.88%
Perceiving (P) 64.86% Judging (J) 35.14%"

I agree with this, except I'm not totally sure what the N/S bit means. I mean, I know what "intuitive" and "sensing" mean, but in this context? Can anyone clarify that for me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: deafpanda]
    #3185708 -

Quote:
I agree with this, except I'm not totally sure what the N/S bit means. I mean, I know what "intuitive" and "sensing" mean, but in this context? Can anyone clarify that for me?



http://www.socionics.com/main/types.htm


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: deafpanda]
    #3185988 -

From the site that I linked...

Sensors:
Focused on the physical world
Live by their five senses
Concrete
Interested in "what is"
Realistic
Practical
Understands details, particulars
Only see the obvious
Down to earth
Use words literally
Live in the present
Needs evidence and facts
Traditional and simple
Banker, police, athlete, surgeon, pilot, cashier
Sees the trees instead of forest

Intuitives:
Focused on the mental or spiritual world
Use a "sixth sense", "hunch", and "gut feeling"
Abstract
Interested in "what can be"
Idealistic
Imaginative
Understands meaning, generalities
Look beyond the surface
Head in clouds, deep
Use metaphors, analogies, hidden meanings
Live in the future
Speculative and theoretical
Original and complex
Artist, scientist, poet, mystic, social reformer, philosopher
Sees the forest instead of trees


You have a pretty weak N, so you may drift between being a Sensor and an Intuitive type. You can get a better idea of which one you really are by reading descriptions on the two types INTP and ISTP and figuring out which fits you better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: April]
    #3186132 -

INFJ - "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1.5% of total population.


--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: April]
    #3186136 -

Oops, missed that quite obvious link, sorry :smile:

The test Trendal linked to has quite different scores for me...

"Your Type is
ENTP
Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences % 
E:22 N:89 T:33 P:44"

slightly expressed extrovert

very expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

But this test had just "yes/no" rather than 5-point scale. 

I can't tell whether I'm an "I" or an "E", I love social contact and I love being on my own, they occupy equally prominent places in my psyche.  I need both to function at my full potential.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: April]
    #3186182 -

Introverted (I) 56% Extroverted (E) 44%
Intuitive (N) 53.85% Sensing (S) 46.15%
Thinking (T) 78.57% Feeling (F) 21.43%
Perceiving (P) 60% Judging (J) 40%

Your type is: INTP

INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: Seuss]
    #3186251 -

I just did this test for a class recently, how coincidental that this thread pops up. I tested as an INTJ: http://www.personalitypage.com/INTJ.html

I found a lot of value in this test, learned a ton about myself. Good shit!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: April]
    #3186268 -

Extroverted (E) 75% Introverted (I) 25%
Sensing (S) 54.55% Intuitive (N) 45.45%
Thinking (T) 60% Feeling (F) 40%
Judging (J) 52.38% Perceiving (P) 47.62%


Your type is: ESTJ

ESTJ - "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 8.7% of total population. 

:grin:


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: April]
    #3186355 -

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: Shroomerious]
    #3186659 -

Yayyy!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: April]
    #3186680 -

Only one letter off!

So what's it like using your emotion to make decisions instead of logic? I must admit I have a rather lackluster experience when it comes to emotional decision making (which may be part of the definition of INTP) :smirk:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MBTI Personality Test [Re: April]
    #3186688 -

INTP myself too :smile:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Dalai Lama's Personality Test
( 1 2 3 all )
Frog 8,568 49 01/23/04 05:57 PM
by Serene
* carl jung personality test spud 1,084 5 11/24/02 09:31 PM
by Murex
* Personality types and affinity for shrooms
( 1 2 all )
mariasabina 4,814 20 01/21/02 10:20 AM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Extrovert or Introvert?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Frog 6,554 73 01/25/13 10:11 AM
by Ferdinando
* MBTI type?
( 1 2 3 all )
Psychoactive1984 2,979 43 11/25/12 09:50 PM
by The Phleg
* Shrooms...more of a mind fuck for the introvert? stoner2002 4,029 5 11/16/03 08:35 PM
by trendal
* Personalities Reflected In Appearance?
( 1 2 all )
fireworks_godS 2,359 31 04/02/03 12:34 PM
by Anonymous
* Enneagram - system of personality type... upupup 1,476 10 12/09/02 09:12 PM
by 3eyedgod

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
5,109 topic views. 0 members, 9 guests and 22 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.