Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinestoner2002
Stoner

Shrooms...more of a mind fuck for the introvert? * 1
    #2111774 - 11/16/03 02:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ive wondered about this. Wouldnt you think an introvert would be more like to experience a mind fuck and become schizo after shrooming then an extrovert who takes them simply for the cool visuals? I mean introverted people seem to be self consious and analyze themselves, while an extroverted person doesnt seem to give a fuck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
Re: Shrooms...more of a mind fuck for the introvert? [Re: stoner2002] * 1
    #2111785 - 11/16/03 02:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well first of all I don't think your tersm for introvert and extrovert are totally correct. You can be an extrovert and still be perfectly fine...

Anyways... I am a rather introverted person... I personally haven't found mushrooms to be very spiritual... call me nuts. My first hallucinogen was lsd though and that took me to places I wish I never had to leave, mentally, physically, and emotionally. I don't think I have a chance to become more psychotic or anything from a trip. I do indeed have horribly twisted thoughts that I keep to me and myself alone, but I would never act on them, or at least let anyone know I had them, such is in my nature I guess, like doing something to show how crazy I really am would be a mistake because then everyone would know or something.

It is 100 times easier to treat day to day external life with a mask, and really live on the inside... a much better place if you ask me..

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
Re: Shrooms...more of a mind fuck for the introvert? [Re: caolite] * 1
    #2112089 - 11/16/03 04:17 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

im an introvert, but more profoundly an anxious person, and almost every experience ive had has been laced with terror at least half the time. Havent dosed in a while, and im not sure i will ever again. But i still enjoy the discussions.

I tend to focus more on thinking to myself about everything that is going on around me, and that scares the living shit out of me most of the time. Maybe its just a personal thing, but id imagine that other people who are "introverted" and bad trip would b efor the same reasons.

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Loc: everywhere all the time
Re: Shrooms...more of a mind fuck for the introvert? [Re: Kremlin] * 1
    #2112207 - 11/16/03 05:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i think even if you are generally an interovert, you can still have extroverted trips when you want. (as well as be extroverted while sober if desired)

an important thing to remember is that a trip is all in your head, it's as terrifying as you make it. (note: this also applies to real life)

--------------------
i am another you

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Shrooms...more of a mind fuck for the introvert? [Re: caolite] * 1
    #2112317 - 11/16/03 05:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i think it really just brings out who you are in general. its all about your state of mind going into the trip.

if you are a more introverted person, my guess is you would have a more introspective trip. i cant say for sure because i am not like this. when i trip i love talkign to other people who are also chatting, we bounce off random ideas and thoughts to each other. i love chatting with other people because i think of things and say things i wouldnt normally say, no filters, no egos. i'm having a conversation being the "true" me.

i still think there is a mindfuck for people like me who trip, but i honestly think the trip is what you make of it. if you want to have a good time while tripping, and be social, you can make it happen. if you want to make it more introspective, you can. it totally depends on the personality type.

so yeah i guess maybe there is a correlation but i dont know enough about introverted people to give a good answer.

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Shrooms...more of a mind fuck for the introvert? [Re: stoner2002] * 1
    #2112953 - 11/16/03 08:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm quite highly introverted, but I've always found that shrooms push me in the direction of being an extravert, at least for the duration of the trip :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag