Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblemariasabina
addict
Personality types and affinity for shrooms
    #502874 - 12/27/01 11:26 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Ever notice that only a certain type of people can handle shrooms? There are plenty of people I know who love their pot and alcohol but when it comes to shrooms they don't like the way it makes them feel. I've found that many of the shroom phobics are people who use drugs as an escape from reality... I think shrooms are too psychological and introspective for them.

--------------------
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot. - Niel Gaiman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Personality types and affinity for shrooms [Re: mariasabina]
    #502991 - 12/28/01 01:49 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I think you're dead on. Shrooms (and some other things that come to mind) are definately not feel good escapist drugs. Their purpose is something drastically different. When I say "purpose" I'm not necissarily saying that they tune you into god, or that they're alien spores or anything like that... They are most definately tools. Everything is a tool is used in a certain way. (and like Ani DiFranco says, "Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right.")

--------------------

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #503090 - 12/28/01 06:38 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I am with you on that one, Shrooms are not for every one, I think you need to have a desire for self-exploration.
I must say that they are fun to take, but I never took them as a recreational drug and I don't see how some people take them and go to a party (I am not coming from a moral point) is just that when I take them I can not function (to an outsider I will look like a drooling Idiot) he he.
By the way you are quite looking!

--------------------

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #503132 - 12/28/01 08:40 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I wonder how many of us reality dodgers have been abused. (Emotionally) I was thrown down a flight of stairs as a little kid. (Emotionally) I limp through life, don't fit with any group (even when I tried to do this), and just plain can't cope with stuff... I have to be careful or I will sabotage my own success because I'm comfortable with losing and limping...

By the way---Does anyone remember where we parked the car?......................................Tannis

"...it's hard to meditate, when you're on ampthamines..."
----------------------------Joe Walsh

OfflineAxiom420
ADDICT

Loc: in the forest, behind the...
    #513805 - 01/07/02 10:14 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

well, my thought along this line was that the people that can't "handle" the shrooms just have "issues" that they are either fundamentally unable or unwilling to deal with.

the worst bad trip that i wittnessed was a gay quaker guy that couldn't deal with his homosexuality in light of his belief that god prohibits his actions and desires. it was the day after judgment day for him and he didn't like where he found himself.

--------------------
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- Albert Einstein

OfflineRichard_D_James
enthusiast
Re: Personality types and affinity for shrooms [Re: Axiom420]
    #513840 - 01/07/02 10:54 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

haha i agree with axiom. My gf took 2 grams once and was extremely fucked up to the point where she had a bad trip. Apparently she was afraid she was going to hurt somebody physically. Shes the type of person who has never explored themself. Just the thought of her not being in her normal everyday reality freaked her out.

InvisibleZeus
addict

#519993 - 01/14/02 12:49 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

bravo maria

--------------------
" I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am. "

"Experience is the meaning to life" -me

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #521322 - 01/15/02 06:31 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

My lady and I are INTP's, that is, Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving types, according to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Out of 16 basic types according to the MBTI, our type represents only 3% of the tested American population.
Other types of people, say Extroverted Sensors, direct most of their attention to the outer world of things and activities, while Introverted Intuitives direct most of their attention to the inner world of images and ideas. Much much more can be obtained from the inner 'infinite' than from the outer 'infinite' with the use of psychedelics.The outer empirical world is better explored via scientific quantifiable means. The inner world is best explored phenomenologically, that is, by an observing impartial awareness (hence meditation training). Peace.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Personality types and affinity for shrooms [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #521333 - 01/15/02 06:55 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i would also like to take this test you mentioned, where can i find it?

OfflineWhiteBoy
journeyman

Loc: California
Re: Personality types and affinity for shrooms [Re: Richard_D_James]
    #521378 - 01/15/02 03:26 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I'd like to have a go at that particular test as well, Markos...though I am 100% confident in the outcome.

Again, I salute Maria. You really did hit the nail on the head. My GF is one of those extroverted types. She also has a bit of a control issue. This translates to a deep-seeded hatred of psychedelics because when she DOES attempt a trip she has a total loss of control. I believe her words were, "I hate the fact that if I suddenly wanted or needed to do something...I would be unable." I, of course, try and explain that carefully preparing yourself and your surroundings so that you will have no need to do anything vital is part of the process. You are supposed to stay home with no interruptions and "Leggo your ego." It seems this is just too much for some people....like if she releases herself to just "go with the flow" she will get washed away in the current and never find her way home....

--------------------
"Pain for pleasure; pain for adoration; pain is to godliness; bleeding for ecstasy...Divine Pain."
-Morbid Angel

OfflineSiphersh
Self-proclaimedhuman
Loc: Hungary
Re: Personality types and affinity for shrooms [Re: WhiteBoy]
    #523420 - 01/17/02 10:39 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

How can I tell or at least have a vague idea if I'll like/be able to cope with shrooms or not? What questions shall I ask myself?

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

Re: Personality types and affinity for shrooms *DELETED* [Re: Siphersh]
    #523571 - 01/17/02 02:33 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Roger_irrelevant

Reason for deletion: archive

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

OfflineSiphersh
Self-proclaimedhuman
Re: Personality types and affinity for shrooms [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #524204 - 01/18/02 05:57 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you for answering.

Now I'd like you to comment or even evaluate my answers to these questions. I'd be glad to have anyones opinions on this.

My way of thinking and feeling is largely encompassed by a radically subjectivist view. like a philosophy actualized in person. I believe that what I call reality is merely an explanation given by me to my impressions. Nothing has absolute validity.

But this way of thinking makes me value all the virtual surenesses. To put it simple: I don't like to smoke pot, because I feel unconvinient in loosing the steady support. It's not being frightened, It just feels unconvinient to loosen control.

I know what a psychedelic experience is about, and I'm ready to dare it, but I don't know if I can take it.

If it would be only for the recreational causes, for fun, I woudnt try it. I don't need that. But I have some mental, spiritual, philosophical, creative and emotional ambitions, goals, cravings, that I would feel silly if I wouldn't plan to get the assistance of shrooms in.

I'm planning to explore the possibilities in 5g fresh p.c. thoroughly, and later PERHAPS go up to 10 g. So I dont want to loose my mind, I just want to have some support in creativity. I'm ready to let it go, and give up total control, I'm just not sure if I'll be able to endure that.

What do you think?

OfflineMycoangelo
Re: Personality types and affinity for shrooms [Re: Siphersh]
    #524882 - 01/18/02 06:33 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Mushrooms are a medicine that will teach you the dosage. There's no reason in the world not to experiment at low doses before diving for complete ego-loss. It sounds like you might have an absolutely wonderful first time 5 gram dose. But you should realize that 5 g is a LOT. Its not as if you don't have your entire life to experiment with shrooms. Work your way up to 5 g. You might do fine on 5, but why not do less the first time? Whats the point of taking such a high dose with no familiarity of the drug? The first time you had a headache did you take half a bottle of tylenol. I don't mean to sound like a parent, but I am one and I suggest you trip around 2 to 3 dry grams the first time.

Or maybe you were talking about wet grams and I got worried about you for no reason. :)

Invisiblesunconscious
Loc: Calgary
Re: Personality types and affinity for shrooms [Re: Siphersh]
    #525259 - 01/19/02 01:27 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Siphersh... drugs that alter your consciousness... if you take too much at once, your entire mind is overwhelmed by the drugs. It is in this state that you are on the mindfuck trip, you cannot focus or concentrate, you have a great and horrible time, and the next morning you cant really explain or remember anything that happened.

You dont seem the type who wants or needs that kind of trip. Yes it can be fun, but you are short-changing yourself. Your goals are to learn, you dont need to blow your mind apart to do that. Fact is... you cant. :P

You need to keep part of your mind free to study the drug. Therefore, you should take lower dosages in order to study.

Otherwise, youll do what you (probably) did with weed, get really stoned and wonder what all the fuss was about. Perhaps you should reconsider weed, as it is very useful as well, unless you smoke a ton and bomb your mind.

I find weed great since I can smoke it anytime I need to solve a problem, unlike shrooms, which dont work that way. You only get your answers if the shrooms feel like giving them to you ;)

--------------------
=|) minds are growing

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #526046 - 01/19/02 10:54 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I don't really like the whole concept of a personality "type". I think personalities are much more fluid and dynamic than I can classify at this point, so I don't have much of an opinion on what "personality type" is attracted to mushrooms.

However, western psychiatry has observed that hallucinogen abusers generally have the comorbid diagnosis of Antisocial Personality Disorder.

So I guess we're all psychopaths and sociopaths...

OfflineSiphersh
Self-proclaimedhuman
Re: Personality types and affinity for shrooms [Re: Mycoangelo]
    #527130 - 01/21/02 05:25 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Mycoangelo, thank you for your reply. I meant wet weight, indeed. At first I'll just try to find the dosage that gives just noticably more than the placebo-effect. 2-3 grams dry come when I feel really comfortable and confident with 1 g. 5 g is something that I have absolutely no idea if I will ever feel like trying at all yet. I have decided to begin experimenting without any sitter whatsoever, which makes me want to approach the issue with extreme caution.

OfflineSiphersh
Self-proclaimedhuman
Re: Personality types and affinity for shrooms [Re: sunconscious]
    #527132 - 01/21/02 05:31 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

sunconscious, thank you for your very reasonable advice. I have noticed, that I can get quite comfortable with pot, if I succeed to take a very little dose. The problem is, that most of the pot today are so potent, that one lungful is way too much for me. And they differ in potency so much, that I cannot calculate a way to take a definate dosage anyway. I hope, that the shrooms I'll produce myself can be dosed much more accurately.

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

Re: Personality types and affinity for shrooms *DELETED* [Re: Siphersh]
    #527144 - 01/21/02 06:28 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Roger_irrelevant

Reason for deletion: archive

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

OfflineSiphersh
Self-proclaimedhuman
Re: Personality types and affinity for shrooms [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #527153 - 01/21/02 06:50 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Oh! That sounds very good! Thank you! Thank you very much indeed!! :-)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Personality types and affinity for shrooms [Re: WhiteBoy]
    #527251 - 01/21/02 10:20 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Keirsey.com used to provide the MBTI, but they must have gotten in trouble for it because it is a copyrighted psychological test, for use by licensed mental health providers. Now they provide only 2 of the 4 aspects, which is only half useful. One has to look up the MBTI and pay for it on the net, or find someone who can administer it in a paper and pencil way (as I do).

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order