Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: On Becoming Posthuman [Re: deff]
    #3169960 - 09/23/04 12:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

deff said:
So basically, it's just semantics :smile:

Semantics seems to be at the root of many "disagreements". I think it is a VERY good idea to remember this when someone doesn't seem to agree with you. Remember that no explanation is going to be perfect for everyone...we all have a slightly different way of understanding things so we all need a slightly different explanation of the same topic for optimal understanding.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: On Becoming Posthuman [Re: trendal]
    #3170025 - 09/23/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I agree :smile:

This is why thinking thoughts without using internal language, and then applying these core existant toughts to others, is beneficial. What I mean is, don't let language become a barrier of pure ideas.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: On Becoming Posthuman [Re: deff]
    #3170030 - 09/23/04 01:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

deff writes:

don't let language become a barrier of pure ideas.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: On Becoming Posthuman [Re: trendal]
    #3170058 - 09/23/04 01:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

so lets develop telepathic communication already then. Or lets learn to change our skin tone to convey emotion. Or find some gross way to physically fuse the brain synapses of different people for communication purposes.

Maybe we could each grow like a long slimy tube out of our brains, then drill a porthole in our heads, and then wed just have to stick our tubes into other holes to instantly convey thoughts!

its so simple, its amazing no one else thought of it first

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: On Becoming Posthuman [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3170080 - 09/23/04 01:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That all seems a bit much, just to be able to properly explain something...especially when it is entirely possible to do so right now :wink:

I have not come accross a topic I could not explain, nor have I come accross a person I couldn't tailor an explanation for. Part of creating a proper explanation, tailored to a specific individual, is in guessing how that person examines and comprehends information. It is actually quite easy to create an explanation that will suit someone if you are sitting in front of them while explaining it.

What I do is first try to explain an idea how I would understand it, but while doing so pay CLOSE attention to the reaction of the person I am explaining it to. By watching their facial expressions and body language, it becomes possible to gauge how well they received the explanation. As soon as I notice that the person isn't quite following what I'm saying, I try a different approach. I then repeat the same process a few times until I am sure the person has a good understanding of what I'm trying to say.

With practice, you can do this without having to stop and re-think your explanation: just keep "adding" analogies until you see the person has understood.

--------------------

Invisibleexplosiveoxygen
Prophet of TGMM

Re: On Becoming Posthuman [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #11307774 - 10/23/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

UnenlightenedOne said:
Beavers are acting in accordance with nature generally and and are in accordance with their nature.Also beaver dams arent generally destructive to nature either.Without mans interference beavers would still build dams.

Quote:

Unless you consider humans separate from nature. 

This whole topic is very difficult especially this part of it.Is man seperate from nature? Well yes and no.Yes in the sense that we have seperated ourselves from it almost completely in alot of ways.Our entire society is currently mostly unnatural and artificial.Humans are natural in a sense.They came to be without any interference.They for hundreds of thousands of years were natural and in accordance with nature however most currently have seperated themselves from nature.Thus currently human society,science,etc and humans in general are unnatural.Interference in and of itself is also unnatural.Creating tools generally doesnt interfere with nature...creating plants,genetically altering animals,creating machines that aid only human,etc is unnatural and in my opinion interferes with nature.Especially cars.

We have long ago started evolving in ways faster than "evolution". Society and the many different results of it (What would we be if somehow all our stored knowledge was lost ; memory + written data all deleted?).

We are already entering the next level where we can modify our bodies and existence within our lifetimes. Merging with technology is next, it is very much a part of nature.:levitate:

--------------------
The Great Mycelium (TGMM) is more than you and me, we are all part of One.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order