Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Alchemy?
    #3154162 - 09/19/04 11:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Does anyone here practice Alchemy?If so maybe you could directly direct me in the right direction. :grin:

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Alchemy? [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3154184 - 09/19/04 11:31 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i practice the spiritual alchemy of transmuting negative elements of my reality and personality into positive ones.

I dont bother messing around with minerals and metals.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Alchemy? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3154217 - 09/19/04 11:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

(nods) I know plenty about Internal Alchemy and various spiritual alchemies.I find them very useful and interesting.However what Im looking for specifically is plant alchemy.It seems I have so far only been able to find a small amount of information about it.I have worked with it with what I feel to be good results but I'd like to expand my knowledge and working with it to a much higher level.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Loc: The middle,Outside,nowher...
    #3154281 - 09/19/04 11:58 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Turning Cabbage into strawberries? Oh boy millions of kids would love you.  :wink:

just kidding  :grin:

really I'm not much into alchemy but I have looked into the medieval chemical philosophy having as its asserted aims the transmutation of base metals a bit and have some sources that might help with your aims I think

news:%20alt.metaphysics.alchemy
http://www.alchemind.org/

--------------------
"Fear is the Mind Killer"
Frank Herbert's Dune

"Shoot straight, conserve ammo and never cut a deal with a dragon"
Shadowrun street Proverb

To announce there must be no critisism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonous to the american public
Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Alchemy? [Re: ElfWizard]
    #3154335 - 09/20/04 12:08 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

That link give me a message: "You are being redirected to the web site for the Center for Cognitive Liberty & Ethics" and sends me to cognitiveliberty.org

--------------------

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Loc: The middle,Outside,nowher...
    #3154515 - 09/20/04 12:48 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

hmm sorry  I hate when that happens don't you  :shake:
bleh most of my links are dead or changed this is all I have left
http://www.old-mage.com/Meanings/A/alchemy.htm
sorry  :crazy:

--------------------
"Fear is the Mind Killer"
Frank Herbert's Dune

"Shoot straight, conserve ammo and never cut a deal with a dragon"
Shadowrun street Proverb

To announce there must be no critisism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonous to the american public
Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Alchemy? [Re: ElfWizard]
    #3154535 - 09/20/04 12:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

lol Dont worry about it.Thanks for the help though. :grin:

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3155171 - 09/20/04 12:07 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

www.levity.com/alchemy/home.html

you could start there...
prolly stuff at www.sacred-texts.com
& maybe www.csp.org or www.erowid.org
i think there is an alchemy website out there somewheres...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3157476 - 09/20/04 09:38 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

My license plate reads ALCHEMY.

My Lady and I are about the Hierosgamos - the Sacred Marriage - the Conjunctio Oppositorum. My consciousness is Solar, hers is Lunar; my Unconscious is Lunar, hers is Solar.

Our Living Room has a few images of Sun and Moon in Conjunction (one is a carved wood table, one is an Indonesian wood carving on the wall, one is ceramic betwen two large ceramic dragons. Our dinner plates and mugs are Sun-Moon in Conjunction. A statue of Thoth is the centerpiece of the dining room table, a bronze of Mercury and a Greek picture of Hermes also abide in the Living Room. At the end of a 20+ foot hallway there be dragons: a large winged dragon head above the double doors to the bedroom, a gargoyle on a wrought iron and marble table, a double-dragon candle-sconce mirror faces you above the gargoyle table. On the wall to the right are two winged dragons in a circle grasping each other's tail. One is wrapped with a Red Rose, one is wrapped with a White Rose. At the center is The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trimegistus.

We practice Hatha Yoga [Ha=Sun  tha=Moon]. The Pingala is the Solar channel, Ida is the Lunar channel, both Masculine and Feminine Energies are combined in the Central channel. The Solar Blood and the Lunar Water that emanate from the Heart of Christ.  We are Compassion and Wisdom in Yab-Yum embrace. We are the Yin-Yang. Together we grow and Individuate, separate yet One.

A wood-carved Alchemist tending a retort, a glass retort in wooden stand, a wood-carved sign that reads Alchemist, a bone crucible with gold coins, a lead egg, and a crown-topped spherical bottle containing Sulphur-Salt-Mercury sit on the bookcase behind my consultation chair.

What was the question again?  :smile:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (09/20/04 09:45 PM)

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Alchemy? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3157528 - 09/20/04 09:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

was alchemey ever supposed to be taken literally? i guess maybe if you're a really hardcore alchemist you could literally change things, but i always assumed it was supposed to be internal?

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Alchemy? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #3159034 - 09/21/04 07:44 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

There are some modern writers like Titus Burkhardt who do not hold to the 20th century idea promulgated by C.G. Jung that alchemy was primarily an inner discipline. It WAS inner in the sense that the alchemist had to be in a grace-filled relationship with GOD in order for the actual transmutation of matter to occur. That is why one often sees pictures of alchemist at prayer in a part of their laboratory called the oratory - one place for 'labor' one place for prayer.

I understand and have experienced Jung's take on alchemy. They were in fact projecting unconscious contents onto materials and then introjecting their projections back inward. When I was a kid I had a pretty elaborate home lab. I remember my awe when, in my retort, the Potassium Bromide that began to boil in dilute Sulfuric Acid began to evolve the heavy crimson vapors of Bromine, which then condensed in the water-cooled receiving flask. Wonder! The same with other chemical phenomenon - states of mind 'colored' by the colors of chemical phenomenon. Likewise when I first consumed psychedelic chemicals.

The symbols that I mention above are just that, symbols of states of existence and consciousness in which we live, projected outward artistically. We are only occasionally ritualistic, like making love outside during a lunar eclipse, or Bread and Wine at the re-entry from an Entheogenic Excursion. Entheogens (particularly luminescent LSD-25 crystals) are about as much a Philosopher's Stone in the material sense as anything I can imagine. Spiritually taken, the Philosopher's Stone is the "stone" the "builders rejected," namely, Christ.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology