Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
alchemy alchemy alchemy
    #1773929 - 08/02/03 10:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

anyone into alchemy?

i know its now irelevant due to nasty things like science and common sense. but damn its intriging. im talking about spiritual alchemy mind.

ive got a copy of the book of lambspring that i read during a mescaline trip.  its quite an enigma really blew my mind away.

i  hope there are other people here crazy enough to like this stuff. i think maybe i read to many old manuscripts for my own good.  :tongue: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: alchemy alchemy alchemy [Re: Lazerouth]
    #1775403 - 08/03/03 02:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yes

Invisiblemr crisper

#1775450 - 08/03/03 02:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

hello again
go check the british library.
in a security room they have an original 15th century copy of splendor solis, you are supposed to be an 'academic' to get in but i bullshitted em pretty easily.
couldn't touch it, had a security guard on one side and a lady turned the pages wearing white cotton gloves.
i enjoyed.

yep tripping on alchemical paintings is interesting but be careful which ones and consider the effects and to what extent they will be magnified.
http://www.levity.com/alchemy/index.html
plenty o pics here
how does it go? "thats not a tinker toy in his hand, thats a machine pistol!"

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Re: alchemy alchemy alchemy [Re: mr crisper]
    #1776239 - 08/03/03 08:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

cool crisper maybe ill go check it out. have you read lambspring? i checked it out again last night and finally deciphered it. i was a bit disapointed at its meaning but its very cool none the less.

im gonna start reading the golden chain of homer soon as a finish with the zend-avesta.

Offlinedawn of a new day
un inglohablante

Loc: Earth
    #1776475 - 08/03/03 09:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sort of. I practice a Taoistic form of meditation called Sun Do, and I've done some reading about all the ancient Taoist alchemy (internal and the stuff with trying to mix up a formula, i forget it's actual name.)

--------------------
"Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?"
- Bill Hicks

Invisiblemr crisper

#1776631 - 08/03/03 10:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

maclean has a fairly good article on deciphering lambspring -
http://www.levity.com/alchemy/lambjrny.html
i should've said the brit library has many original alchemical texts, many are on display in glass cabinets. makes a nice day out.

i view many alchemical paintings as similar to tarot cards in that they are reflections of mental tools we use to function - concentration, imagination, memory, logic, will, discrimination
or reflections of physical law - vibration, harmony, change
or maps of the 'path'.

concentration on the pix and some thought on their meanings may result in some stimulation or greater understanding of the related aspect of your being.

a movie called 'the holy mountain' contains numerous scenes of spiritual and physical alchemical processes.
its just been released on dvd here in japan, but may be near impossible to find elsewhere.

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Re: alchemy alchemy alchemy [Re: mr crisper]
    #1776663 - 08/03/03 10:49 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yeah im told tarot cards originated from alchemical symbolism.

normally when im meditatie i think of my mortality and boring stuff like that but next time i tihnk i may try medititating over some wood cuts and see how it treats me. youve managed to spark my interest somewhat.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #1776842 - 08/03/03 11:50 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

My Miata's license plate reads ALCHEMY, if that is any indication of interest. Coincidentally, I was just at a Paracelsus site that I've never gone to before, because I'm going to Germany for a couple of weeks and thought that I might stop at his birthplace.

I had over 8 years of Jungian analysis under 3 Zurich-trained Jungians, and have considerable training in that school. I selected the ALCHEMY tag because, as Edward Edinger spelled out masterfully in his book 'Anatomy of the Psyche: Alchemical Symbolism in Psychotherapy,' Alchemy is a brilliant metaphor for the transmutation [transformation] of the personality. As a psychotherapist, the 'art' is to transform that which a client experiences as base and painful, or as meaningless suffering, into that which is precious and meaningful, even though it has been smelted in a crucible of suffering. All of the classical stages can be applied to normal and abnormal processes of human development. It's remarkable!

Aside from that, I have long considered Entheogens to be The Philosophers' Stone - pun intended. Very pure LSD-25 phosphoresces, which reminds me of a framed picture in my consulting room of Hennig Brand, the alchemist, kneeling in prayer as he discovers white phosphorus, condensing in his flask right out of the athanor, and lighting up his dim laboratory. From lowly dung, a lowly saprophitic fungal life-form can enter the psychophysical being of man, and lo! - spiritual existence seems to be born within! The Sacred Mushrooms give rise to the diamond-awareness of the 'stone that was rejected' - Christ - within the psyche of man. The Tibetan Buddhists, or Vajrayana [Diamond Vehicle] is so named because of this metaphor of the indestructible clarity of pure consciousness. The Taoist alchemists called it the Immortal Fetus. Saint Paul called it The inner Man. It is the Alchemical Gold, The Philosophers' Stone, The Golden Flower, and many other names.

I tried to post one of my alchemical drawings, but it seems to exceed my daily limit. Sorry. BTW, check out http://www.AlchemyLab.com/journal.htm .

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (08/03/03 11:58 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: alchemy alchemy alchemy [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1776854 - 08/03/03 11:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Heh..funny... my license plate is ALCHMST

I identify with the elements and their relationship cycles mostly.. I don't study it very much. I just go with the natural flow.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: alchemy alchemy alchemy [Re: Shroomism]
    #1776859 - 08/03/03 11:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Daoist alchemy is pure bullshit (the type for gaining immortality) , many many many daoists died or got brain damage from drinking "elixers" that contained mercury.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: alchemy alchemy alchemy [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1776877 - 08/04/03 12:04 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The alchemy I know is wood...water...fire..air..earth..metal..spirit... and their relationships... immortality elixir??  :confused:

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

#1776884 - 08/04/03 12:09 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, daoists thought they could create elixers that would make them live forever, these elixers included mercury.

cause and effect: you drink mercury, you are either going to die or go crazy.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#1776892 - 08/04/03 12:11 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Cool. I have one of those machine-carved, wooden signs that reads Alchemist, hanging from the bookcase over my consulting room chair (I copied the idea from my former professor Bob Brier - who is the Egyptologist who is seen making the 1st human mummy in 2 millennia on TLC. He had a similar sign that read 'Metaphysician.')

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#1776936 - 08/04/03 12:30 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Actually, the Taoist alchemists who read the treatises literally, were of the same level of understanding as individuals in the West who tried to make Vulgar Gold, not Alchemical Gold. In other words, the physical substances were so named because they SYMBOLIZED Inner States of consciousness. Gold remains untarnished after 1000 years in the sea. It is not dissolved except by Aqua Regia [Royal Water] which was a secret [3 parts Hydrochloric acid to 1 part Nitric acid]. Gold was 'solar,' Silver was 'lunar.' Mercury-Sulphur-Salt was Spirit-Soul-Body. The Mercuric Sulphide formed by placing Sulphur with Mercury [Quicksilver] was called Dragon's Blood in Taoist alchemy, for example.

The Jungian school has illustrated how the inner states of consciousnesss were unconsciously projected onto out substances and processes. If God's grace was upon you, only then could material transmutations occur. The production of metallic Gold would then be an outer sign of the infinitely more important inner change. That would mean a high degree of spiritual development - a Christ-like changing 'water-to-wine' phenomenon. Only the crude, literal, greedy 'puffers' [after the bellows used for keeping the furnaces hot] imbibed their heavy-metal concoctions. Who knows, maybe they managed to cure a few cases of syphilis with Mercury. Heavy metal poisoning might have made them drooling idiots, but perhaps unlike syphilitic drooling idiots, they might have survived. Taoism was more interested in long life and youthfulness than in becoming wealthy with Gold.

And remember, P. Cubensis - a real type of Philosophers' Stone - grows right out of "bullshit."  :smile: 

--------------------

Offlinedawn of a new day
un inglohablante

#1777022 - 08/04/03 12:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I think that this post was more about the internal alchemy than the search for an immortality elixir.

Edit: but you're right, drinking Mercury doesn't seem like the right way to "inner peace"

--------------------
"Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?"
- Bill Hicks

Edited by dawn of a new day (08/04/03 10:33 AM)

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: alchemy alchemy alchemy [Re: dawn of a new day]
    #1777766 - 08/04/03 11:17 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

If someone told me to drink Mercuty for inner peace, id be all HEY! SHUT UP! MERCURY KILLS! then Id do a forward flip and smile :smile:

That right there was an example of alchemy right? I used material from the thread + external material in order to manifest this thread into a different thing.

Im confused

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: alchemy alchemy alchemy [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1780320 - 08/05/03 02:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'll bash Daoists all day long, I dont give a fuck what any body says either....do you understand THAT?>

--------------------

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Re: alchemy alchemy alchemy [Re: dawn of a new day]
    #1780436 - 08/05/03 04:04 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dawn of a new day said:
I think that this post was more about the internal alchemy than the search for an immortality elixir.

hey im not really that experianced im just a crazy scholar. as far as im concerned all talk of alchemy is welcome.

Offlinedawn of a new day
un inglohablante

#1781215 - 08/05/03 12:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

atomikfunksoldier said:
I'll bash Daoists all day long, I dont give a fuck what any body says either....do you understand THAT?>

haha alright man. you do that.

any particular reason for your beef with Taoists?

--------------------
- Bill Hicks

Offlinedawn of a new day
un inglohablante

#1781247 - 08/05/03 12:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

hey im not really that experianced im just a crazy scholar. as far as im concerned all talk of alchemy is welcome.

my bad.

--------------------
- Bill Hicks

Edited by dawn of a new day (08/05/03 12:26 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology