Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
What would be in your garden?
    #3110728 - 09/08/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If you were to grow a garden of your favorite entheogens, what would it include. I'd want the garden to have a little bit of everything e.g. a cacti, salvia, etc. I'd like to see what type of garden we'd develop in theory, playing on each others suggestions for the perfect creation.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: What would be in your garden? [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #3110914 - 09/08/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'm a huge trichocereus fan..  they look so pretty to me...  cuzco.. peruv.. bridge.. scopulicola hopefully.. terscheckii, chiliensis... saguaro... lophophora. pereskia. myrtillos out front for the thieves... stenocereus.. m heyderii.... c. peruv...  golden barrels look beautiful too...

some yopo/cebil trees. P. viridis. M. pudica. oliqui/and/or/HBWR. absinthum. hemia. sceletium! M. speciosa! ephedra. n. rustica. L, inflata.... a pond of nelumbo nucifera and chlorella... a patch of p cubes :wink: maybe P. harmala, M. pruriens or v. africana if I could ever get it to germinate...  I'd grow salvia just to preserve it.. (I cant stand the stuff)  but not outside...  too fawkin dry here

No nightshades for me I think...    damn..  I'm gonna need a really really big backyard....

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3110996 - 09/08/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

impartial to vines and cacti myself. although i would love many others. actaully im working on aquiring the seeds i want for my outdoor garden. got a rock face which is good and large with dry/sun to shade wet, grassy areas, pond, marsh, adn averege garden typ espots. so im working on getting a bunch of ethnos gorwing outside here and taking care of themselves.

here are some of the one si would like if i was able to grow anything outside here. some i am.

woodrose, caapi, calea, desmanthus (the purple flowered one...leptolobus?), sinicuichi, dagga, kratom (as a bonsai type centerpiece(s), like one would us a jap maple), p. viridis, rue, valerian, lots of trich's and even more peyote!

i am going to be attempting planting most of these. only ones im not trying are caapi, p viridis, peyote, kratom. rest im going to try this spring. the last 5 years my step mom had some cereus and some other type of mamm. looking cactus growing year round snow and all. its a real mild climate here, so there is really only a 1 week period of worry, and moisture being to high for cacti. but people grow palms bananas and a whole whack of south american plants here, good ol burlap works wonders on frost.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #3111731 - 09/09/04 01:00 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

WEIRD, I was thinking about making this tread tonight! :grin:

but then I decided to work on my current garden. :wink:

*I already have some of the things I will mention in my dream garden*
But here is my overall plan, and this WILL happen.

---A large cacti family, filling up the window ledges, the balcony etc..maybe even some under lights(cab style grow, ofr peyotes grafted to pereskiopsis:) ) , and I want to start 100's of seeds at a time :grin:,AND!....new  pereskiopsis cuttings rooting all over the place, pedros filling the tables , and some torch cactus for good measure.

6-12 Salvia plants always alive and thriving,and helping me stock up on leaves... cuttings given to friends :wink:

4 Kratom plants

As many Acacia maidenii trees as I can fit on an aparment balcony :tongue: (along with the cacti, and salvia when the conditions are right)
and as many trees as I can plant around town  :grin:

Mimosa hostilis (I am getting seeds soon, maidenii to :wink: )

Poppies

Kana(sceletium)  I plan to grow LOTs of this as well

Blue lotus

Bundle flower

A lawn of Phalaras.Aquata(spelling??) (one day , but not until I can buy a house..  :frown: ........ but that doesnt mean I cant plant feilds out in the bush :smile:

Kava Kava

I left out certain things, like dagga, I have grown dagga and while I like it, its not part of my "dream" garden, maybe one day I will grow it again.

I left out other things because I dont think I could grow them in my area, like
P.vidiris....could I grow this in BC???(I live in a HOT zone, ... zone 8 :smile: )
Could I grow this if it was brought inside during the winter??
(simple fluorsecent light to "keep it going" (maybe also sitting it by a window?

I put down hosilis, because I am getting 25 seeds soon, so I hope I can use them for something.

I am sure I will have to edit this and add someting I forgot. :wink:

--------------------

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3114367 - 09/09/04 03:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I need to pick up a book on ethno plants or something because I don't really even know of that many beautiful plants...Plants of the Gods, here I come :mushroom2:

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA Flag
    #3114451 - 09/09/04 03:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ALOT:

M. speciosa
M. hostilis
B. caapi
L. williamsi
S. divinorum
N. rustica
C. indica or sativa :wink:
T. peruvians
T. pachanoi

...and alot more I can't think of right now.
:sun:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3114515 - 09/09/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

In theory I'd grow all of them. In actual practice this is what I have right now.

s. tortuosum
d. bosseranum
w. somniferum
m. hostilis
m. scabrella
l. leonuris
h. salicifolia
m. speciosa (kratom)
b. caapi
p. viridis
p. carthagenesis
p. alba
r. corymbosa
h. gordonii
t. cocoa
t. terschekii
t. bridgesii
t. pachanoi
t. peruvianus
blue myrtle
pereskiopsis
kava kava
scotch broom

And a few others I don't feel like mentioning at the moment and a bunch of seed I've been meaning to get to.

Stoney

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
    #3115081 - 09/09/04 06:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

In reality I have:

P. viridis
B. caapi
Alternanthera
J. pectoralis
H. salicifolia
C. zacatechichi
D. illinoiensis
T. peruvianus & pachanoi
M. multiflora (Desert 4'o' clocks)

In my dream garden: All of the above plus,

Various Trichocereus species
Various Solanacaeous species
A. maidenii
M. hostillis
L. williamsii & diffusa
A. cloumbrina & peragrina (spelling?)
R. corymbosa
S. divinorum
Brugmansia's
Blue Lotus
HBWR

and many, many others that I can't think of right this minute!

Edited by entheoindole (09/09/04 06:08 PM)

OfflineMystiq_Shaman
x.o.

Loc: North Calotte
Re: What would be in your garden? [Re: entheoindole]
    #3116904 - 09/10/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have
Rivea corymbosa
Nicotinia rustica, tabacum and glauca
Trichocereus Pachanoi
Desmanthus illinoensis
Heimia salicifolia
Salvia Divinorum
Cannabis
Papaver Somniferum

I want
Caapi
Syrian Rue
P. Viridis
V. africana
Khat
Peyote
Peruvian Torch
Lots of Datura and brugmansia
Mandrake
Hawaiian Baby Woodrose
Kava Kava

the list goes on and on;)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3118472 - 09/10/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my v africana and calea z. I will be growing some poppies again when it cools down a little but that's not a year around plant. I also have some l. diffusa and am trying to sprout some tabernaemontana seeds. I used to grow salvia but gave up on it.

I'm not sure what new ones I want. I heard of some new interesting ones but the person isn't answering questions so we don't know how to get seeds. Probably are a bunch of really interesting ones. I'd like to grow lagochilus inebrians for sure and a few others I can't think of the names at the moment.

Stoney

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
    #3122659 - 09/11/04 02:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I want to grow P. somniferum too!

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: What would be in your garden? [Re: entheoindole]
    #3122741 - 09/11/04 03:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

tobacco, salvia, woodrose, datura's, peyote, pedros, peruvian torch, poppies (0giganthimim, white and blue persian and hens+chicks) a variety of good strains of nirvana bud, and shrooms growing under the tobacco in the shit/hay.

So far this season i had everything listed but hens+chicks and giganthimum :wink:.

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
    #3122824 - 09/11/04 03:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Wow this is exactly they type of response I was hoping for.  I think a lot of us enjoy gardening just as much as we do savoring the fruits we harvest.  A lot of people put Kratom on thier list, I am about to get some of this.  I understand its a rather large tree that is indigenous to Thailand and Malaysia.  I didn't see cannibus on people's list, something I found surprising (though I don't smoke :frown:  I can't wait until I have a home with a big backyard to plant a great garden in.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3123010 - 09/11/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i didnt list cannibis cause thats something us northa americans have to hide...if it was legal i would add it to the list for sure!!!  it is a beautifull plant, so green and lush.

for me a garden is a place that you can go relax have your friends/family in, play around and not have to worrry about anything being comfiscated.  i wont have anything illegal on my property, just not worth the stress and risk  :cool:

--------------------

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #3123067 - 09/11/04 05:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i would love to grow all my vegetables, and coffee would be cool, too!

i would love to grow some herbs used in cooking.

i would love to fill a greenhouse with various beautiful cacti!  and lots of lopho's!

i would love my salvia to get healthy, and my mimosa and HBWR are doing great!

as soon as my kanna cutting roots i hope that takes off!

i would love to plant my syrian rue and yopo seeds one of these days!  the moving process is so frustrating!  i'll hopefully be planting a P. somniferum garden at some point as well!

cool thread :thumbup: and i hope everyone's dream garden's come true!

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: What would be in your garden? [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3124625 - 09/12/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

im sure it will come true for everyone here :smile:

the problem with plant fanatics is the garden is always "done, but it is never "finished".  you can have a layout and plant a bunch of stuff to say its done.  but you are always adding more and more and more plants.  we never finish planting our gardens.  lets face it we are compulsive plant shoppers  :smirk:

i used to grow TONS of ethnos and not even realise their use.  tehn i got rid of most and got TONS of tropical shit, now im growing lots of ethnos again (with different intentions).  ill bet a penny no ones list stays the same next week  :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds