Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Red Vein Kratom   Amazing Botanicals Best Kratom Shop   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinedanzick
getting stranger

Re: Ethnobotanical Gardens [Re: microsporum]
    #7259378 - 08/04/07 04:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cge0 said:
Scientists get lots of funding from the government. Lots of scientists are closed minded people who only wish to climb the social ladder. You should see where I'm going with this. No-name crackpots telling the government what to do? Not changing anything anytime soon.

Interesting world view, I must say.

1. True, most research funding does come from the government through agencies like NIH and NSF, but they dictate what will be funded and what won't. The control of funding determines what research gets done, and since most scientists I know like to eat, they pursue research that can get funded. So essentially, the government tells them what to do.

2. Scientists closed minded? Many possibly... certainly not most, but social climbers???? ROFL You hang with a lot of scientists I see.

3. The government serves the political agenda of politicians. That agenda is motivated by money and power, not science. Politicians listen to scientists only when it suits their agenda.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
Re: Ethnobotanical Gardens [Re: Teotzlcoatl]
    #7259698 - 08/04/07 06:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think the best way to do this is to continue with what we are already doing.
All of us should continue to collect entheogenic plants, trade amongst ourselves and lower the market value of some entheogens in particular (Kratom for example).
We could even start a fund of some sort to raise monies for the purchase of land (I'd prefer Florida). Then through the combined efforts of of us all, botanical specimens could be donated to the gardens.
Maintenance could be paid for through the sales of cuttings and a small entrance fee to visit the gardens, maybe even the sales of media dealing specifically with entheogens and/or peripheral subjects, ie. anthropology, etc...
There could be a political arm of this effort to raise awareness about entheogens and the cultures that surround them. This group could bring the issue straight to the front steps of the White House!

I've dreamed about a communal home for folks that are interested in enthoegens for years. A self sufficient community of people united and living the life style we dream about day in and day out.
I think that it is important that such a community of people should produce it's own energy, food, clothing, fuel, etc... There are a few examples of sustainable housing on the web if you search. One type in particular is called the Earthship. I think these would be perfect for such a community.
Bio-Diesel should be the fuel of choice, fairly easy to produce and can be used in any old diesel vehicle. The possibilities are endless.
It would just take a handful of people to get it started, once the ball is rolling it will attract more folks. The key is: all the folks involved should offer some kind of skill... if not the strength of their backs and labor of their hands!

InvisibleKnoa6
Sunn 0)))
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA-zone 7
Re: Ethnobotanical Gardens [Re: entheoindole]
    #7260889 - 08/05/07 01:09 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Ethnobotanical Gardens [Re: entheoindole]
    #7260971 - 08/05/07 01:54 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

noble approach, but actions speak louder than words.

I live in a nice little community that supports itself in many ways.

Practice what you preach, buy local - think global and make it happen.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
Re: Ethnobotanical Gardens [Re: PDU]
    #7261602 - 08/05/07 10:32 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PDU said:
noble approach, but actions speak louder than words.

I live in a nice little community that supports itself in many ways.

Practice what you preach, buy local - think global and make it happen.

Oh yeah? You've piqued my interest! Just where is this little community of yours? Is there any literature about it?
I dream of living this way... but it's hard to break away from the system when your chest deep in it! But... Where there is a will there is a way!

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying... Flag
Re: Ethnobotanical Gardens [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #7262498 - 08/05/07 04:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

you live in florida too, huh? yeah, that'd be bad ass. Anyway, check this out. If people are into screwing with chemicals to grow new drugs, then why the fuck are they not into messing with enzymes to get new lsa's and new dmt's and new phenethylamines out of plant and shit. I mean, fuck, everyone keeps saying, nature did it's job. Then why do you fuckin take acid man? That doesn't make sense. I mean, even some pot is genetically enhanced, i'm sure you'd smoke g-13. I only think it's unnatural if you hurt the plant while growing it, if you add or remove an enzyme, and you hurt the plant, then it's wrong, but you might even get the plant to grow better. It's like people buying amino acid supplements in stores. but then again, people might say amino acid supplements are really unnatural. I don't know, I actually think taking heavy quanitities of tryptophan and tyrosine in pills is really bad for you, to me that's like smoking pot and taking mdma, it might be harmless, but it's playing with your chemistry. I've gotten high off amino acids so, I don't know, maybe that's an extreme, but that's what I'm trying to point out, that it's extreme to potentiate such a thing. Maybe as a food supplement, you could add a small solution amino acid to water or whatever, mix it in with your food, so you only consume a small amount, however people could still abuse it.

question. What amino acid would people say gives you the strongest altered feeling?
peace

--------------------
The point to meditating is to feel the same when you are meditation as when you aren't. To be balanced inside and out. Difficult to do when being aware of breath and sensation. However, not impossible. Feeling ok about yourself at all times seems to be a great difficult skill to master. The concept so simple a snail could understand it. To practice it some of the greatest Albert Einstein type minds couldn't master it.

It's like the trick to human problems is to be even more human. Not less human but as human as possible, only understanding human nature.

Understanding subtleties is hard. What is subtle? Subtle is powerful. Atoms are subtle. Atoms make up everything we are. Understanding subtleties is one of the hardest parts of life.

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

Loc: South-Eastern USA
Re: Ethnobotanical Gardens [Re: imachavel]
    #7301351 - 08/16/07 04:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The government serves the political agenda of politicians. That agenda is motivated by money and power, not science. Politicians listen to scientists only when it suits their agenda.

Some scientist are privatley funded...

--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for"-Hopi proverb

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Red Vein Kratom   Amazing Botanicals Best Kratom Shop   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order