Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWeardo

Indiana/Michigan mushrooms?
    #309727 - 05/05/01 12:57 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Are there any psilo species especially abundant in northern Indiana/southern Michigan? Right now it's mushroom madness around here with the morells (which are very very tasty) in season, I was wondering if there are other mushrooms I should be on the lookout for when looking for morels, so I don't accidently pick psilos and eat them, as that's illegal and will kill you or drive you crazy and you'll end up in an asylum with your eyes poked out because you thought they were spiders in league with Dr. Laura. Thank you.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Indiana/Michigan mushrooms? [Re: Weardo]
    #313488 - 05/09/01 09:09 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i would also like to be warned of any dangerous poisen shrooms in this area.

Larry

come to drool donkey island http://ddisland.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Indiana/Michigan mushrooms? [Re: Weardo]
    #313608 - 05/09/01 11:17 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Hey weardo,

There is a listing of psychoactive mushrooms for your state located here at the shroomerys general info section at the bottom called Mapping the Mycelial Network.

The listing for the state of Michigan is quite impressive. Though I suspect that most of those species were found in northern Michigan..

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: Indiana/Michigan mushrooms? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #313864 - 05/10/01 09:57 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, liberty caps and such probably won't be found in lowere Michigan or the Indiana area. They like the Northern temperate climate. I know it's only a few hundred miles, but isn't N and S Michigan comparatively different country? I've never been there so........Anyway, I'd be searching for Panaeolus subbalteatus this time of year, if I were you. You'll find them in rotten haystacks that have been composting over-winter( not only on the base or pertruding, but also dig in the hay-they could be there also!) and horse and cow dung in fields. Maybe, to a lesser degree of course, in fertilized lawns.
I'm from Missouri, and every year I looked for Psilocybe coprophila in cow dung. You know, I never found a single one. I now know that Ps. coprophila doesn't contain any useful alkaloids, so I wasted many a year hunting those instead of the "weed" or "girdled panaeolus" mushroom!
I now live in the PNW and almost any time of year there's a magical mushroom to be picked, so I'm content. Actually Michigan has quite afew magical ones, also! I'm not positive, but isn't there a good chance that Ps. quebecensis grows in Michigan? MJ would be so much more helpful than myself as well as GGreatone234 on this subject and the info about Pan subbs stems from what I've read from the two of them. So, I'm just passing it on and trying to be helpful to you.
Stay cool, bro!-Levi7.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: Indiana/Michigan mushrooms? [Re: Levi7]
    #313867 - 05/10/01 10:01 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I must add one more thing. I'd love to have some of those morels you speak of. They're my favorite! That's one mushroom I've yet to find since my move. Help me out, man!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate