Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor
    #3037210 -

Okay... This is a sad subject but I need to discuss it with my fellow shroomerite community;

I have a close friend named Marguerite who's 8 year old daughter, Genina, is dying from an inoperable tumor in her brain stem. Naturally, Marite is beside herself and feeling sucidal and the only thing that will keep her from killing herself once Genina is gone is her need to be a mother to her 5 year old daughter, Catherine.

Genina is a WONDERFUL, BRIGHT, OUTGOING, FRIENDLY, ANGEL of a kid. She's dealt with all the chemotherapy and other radical treatments over the past two years with nothing but smiles and hope and courage.

The family has spent the past two months doing everything possible to make Genina comfortable and happy including trips to three different lakeside homes, campsites, amusements and a week long away-camp for terminally ill children, equipped with nurses, doctors and specialists.

She's back at home now with close relatives and close friends of the family basically waiting to pass on. She grows worse with each passing day and is beginning to lose her sight in addition to the motility she has lost over the past two months. Yet, she continues to be happy and content, not depressed or distraught. She is truly an amazing child, so brave, so unafraid, so loving.

I think she deserves to experience a mild dose of shrooms before she dies, with some music and her closest family/friends around to cheer her on.
I haven't discussed it with Marite yet... I want to know what you all think.
Am I out of my gourd, or is this a feasable proposition?


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: TM]
    #3037231 -

I'm sorry to hear about that situation but mushrooms would be out of the question as far as I'm concerned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: Adom]
    #3037239 -

How about saying WHY you feel that way?


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: TM]
    #3037257 -

At 8 years of age I would say she doesn't need mushrooms.
She's a child and her purity is already high. She will be one with eternity soon.
She's got no karma to work out first.


There are some study's looking into the use of psychedelics and terminal illness.
They have been shown to lower pre-death anxiety and lower amounts of narcotics needed. This is with older adult's though.

I would just surround her with as much love as possible.
Becuase when you realy get down to the core of things that's what its about.
Love. :heart:

Best wishes to you and yours in this time of sadness. :heart:


--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: TM]
    #3037278 -

Hey,

I'm really sorry to hear about that poor girl's condition, I hope she goes with all the peace and the love of the world behind her, that's just too much of a goddamn shame she has to at all at this point in her life..

My psychotherapist told me about instances like what chinacat mentioned where low doses of psilocybin and lsd-25 gave terminally ill patients an extremely easy time accepting their deaths and looking beyond pain and fear into the beauty we've all seen tripping in the void, but I don't know that a child of her age, despite how bright and kind she is, would be ready for such an experience, or need it.
She's still a child - she still has that light inside of her shining brightly that an eighth of mushrooms awakens vibrantly in all of us.
I bet her trip has been beautiful already, no matter how painful it was too.
I'd say rather than think about giving the girl mushies you focus all your energy on making her time here as wonderful as possible, and be there for her mother and sister - which you're obviously already doing!!

Much love!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: TM]
    #3037280 -

Because if it didn't work well with her it could create anxiety which she doesn't need in her condition. I just find it to risky for even an healthy 8 year old.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: TM]
    #3037281 -

And by the way...you have the coolest avatar around. :smile:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: chinacat72]
    #3037299 -

Ahhhh... Words of wisdom from the master.

Thanks for explaining why I'm out of my gourd without saying so, CC.

You are truly wise. I have much to learn.

Peace and good wishes.

:heart:


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3037326 -

Thank you OMR and everyone.

My intentions were good although obviously misguided.

As you said, "focus all your energy on making her time here as wonderful as possible"... Well, that was the intent and the reason for the post. I tried to find support for doing that the best way I knew of. I'll seek other ways...

Thanks again everyone.

:heart:


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3037342 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
And by the way...you have the coolest avatar around. :smile:



/me bows (note that it matches my title)

I appreciate the compliment. :smile:


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: TM]
    #3037700 -

ok do not get me wrong I know you are trying you?re best here to help out, but shouldn?t her final moments be as coherent as possible. I do not think you could explain to her the effects she was having and also you do not know what kind of dose for such a small frail person. Not to mention the legal ramifications if they decide to do an autopsy on her and find shrooms in her system. I just think it would not be a wise choice, but I am also not her mom so I cant make that desion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: Pumpkin_Blythe]
    #3037803 -

Tookie, you misunderstand.

I wasn't talking about her tripping WHILE dying... Weeks, or at least days before is what I intended. Geez!


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: TM]
    #3037908 -

i don't want to sound like an ass or anything because i know this is a hard time for you and the girl and her family, but why would you even think for a second that giving an 8 year old mushrooms was a good idea?


--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: TODAY]
    #3037923 -

I put myself in her shoes and said "HELL, YEAH!!"

But then again, I've done them.  :tongue:


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: TM]
    #3037926 -

well, everything is magical to an 8 year old anyway. plus there is no way an 8 year old could handle a psychadellic experience. i would find some peace in the fact that the girl probably never saw or understood the evils that exist in our world. it must be nice to go out while still pure.


--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: TODAY]
    #3037939 -

1) I said "a MILD dose"

2) This particular 8 year old could handle that 4 hours easily, considering what she's been through the past 2 years.

3) "Going out while still pure" would suck for me, knowing what impure is, both psychedelically and sexually. (No inference suggested)


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: TM]
    #3037950 -

That's sad to hear about her. Best wishes and better times.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: TM]
    #3037951 -

What can I add except my best wishes to her and her family. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3037960 -

Oh god, you guys got me crying again.

Damn.


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 8 y.o. Girl Dying from a Brain Tumor [Re: TM]
    #3037968 -

Sorry! Frankly, it kind of brought a tear to my eye reading about it as well, if it makes you feel better.. :sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* your brain on ASPARTAME
( 1 2 3 all )
Psilocybeingzz 8,463 51 07/20/12 11:25 PM
by JrayJ
* Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. BlueTalon 2,071 17 11/24/03 01:59 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* BrAiN destroys wikipedia BrAiN 1,442 13 04/09/05 05:13 PM
by Thin White Duke
* brain tumor surgery, how does it affect the personality / psyche ohmatic 2,812 14 06/03/06 04:44 PM
by ohmatic
* I cant get over a girl and im not doing too good k2nride 1,929 12 03/14/05 01:36 PM
by Freeker
* Approaching Girls
( 1 2 3 4 all )
kosmic_charlie 11,134 63 04/26/05 08:39 PM
by afoaf
* MY COCK, MY GIRL'S TWAT, her period...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Cracka_X 10,560 62 08/07/24 05:16 PM
by Texas Honey Badger
* Girls.
( 1 2 3 all )
Phluck 6,517 48 07/29/05 06:43 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,567 topic views. 4 members, 44 guests and 254 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.