Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: Stonerware]
    #2266732 - 01/23/04 06:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

LoL!  I was an avid Lykis 101 student for my entire High School career.  Well, ok I wasn't a student, as much of what he said would probably piss women off more than set them up to be there for you - but I do get your point in that he is simply about the tang and not the sweet water it's mixed with :wink:

He has a funny program, though I've stopped listening to him for the past three years since I don't live in broadcast range anymore.  In Los Angeles he's on from 3pm-7pm on 97.1fm.  It's definitely an entertaining show, but it doesn't quite fit into the theme here me thinks :grin:

BTW, I'll just simply chime in with "I agree" to many of the statements here.  Approaching women sure is a pain, though it gets easier with time.  Good luck guys (and me, for that matter) :tongue2:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2267025 - 01/23/04 10:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The ones I really like I can't talk to. I did that once and stuttered like a fool.

One time thow, I went streight up to a girl I just saw and asked her what she was doing, she said- "I'm waiting for my boyfriend".

I'll never find a girl. There is so much work to finding one that I gave up long ago. I hope it all just finds me at some point in time.

So many girls are stuck-up or psycho. They all seem to be so shallow yet think so highly of themselves. I treat hot girls just the same as anyone else- Because they EXPECT me to treat them better, I just shove it back in their faces.

Maybe it's a sub-contious thing, but in a way, I treat hot girls worse than 'normal' girls. It's wierd.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: Stonerware]
    #2269069 - 01/24/04 06:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by Xibalba (09/29/05 11:06 PM)

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #2269507 - 01/24/04 09:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Lots of ideas tossed around...gonna reply to a few.

First of, good going man. You're one of the 100 guys that actualy have the balls to go up and talk to her. They say its not about how many times you get knocked down, its how fast you get up.  You really should have asked that second girl. Its so damn hard, but the faster you get used to rejection the faster you find the girl that's right for you.

Some of you were talking how easy it is for girls, why dont they ask YOU out.
Well, no offense dude, but how bout you jump in their shoes for a change?
The girl KNOWS she's cute. She's gonna go with the best thing she could get. Be that by personality AND looks.  WTF kinda man are you if you cant even go up to and talk to her?  You're already off her list if you're scared of her.  No girl wants a 'scaredy cat'.  You have to be something she really wants if you want HER to be asking you out.

Xibalba: I know exactly what you're talking about.  I've read some 'player' books/sites too. They do get the pussy, but a lot of the people who follow those guides are just that. Followers. Eventualy it'll bite them in the ass.

The key, is to work on YOURSELF.  Have goals, have dreams, have ambition. Dont be a fuckin pothead loser that gets stoned and sits on his ass all day playing video games and eating chips, expecting girls to jump on you. I mean sure you can do that if you like, but you will not make any girl happy. Once again, put yourself in any girl's shoes. Imagine your gf did that....lay there playing video games getting fat eating greasy foods, being all nasty. Would YOU want her? 
Make yourself look presentable. Get used to exercise, eat healthy, learn about anything interesting (hey this site is a good start! :biggrin: ), just.... i mean be IMPRESSIVE.
You do this, and girls will radiate torwards YOU.
The 'players' get girls because girls go for jerks cuz  they mistake their personalities for confidence. Players are just jerks with moves who know how to play the game.
You want to get a girl and keep her, you need confidence, and you need a good positive personality. Treat her good.  If she tries to walk all over you, you can just tell her you're not looking for that, and you can leave. She probably wont wanna let you go after something like that.
But anyway, someone once told me that 'real men' are men like the character Maximus from Gladiator. He's passionate yet he has a strong will.
Just have some will, and you shall get the girl.
The longer it takes you to learn to stop being a wuss, the longer it will be before you find your future wife/long term gf.
Girls are just human too you know. They need our love like we need theirs.
(well....unless youre gay. haha!)

:loveeyes:

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2269517 - 01/24/04 09:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The only girl I approach is my wife and I still don't know what works??? :confused:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: Ripple]
    #2271816 - 01/25/04 02:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Once you're in a long term relationship, the best book i've read on the subject is 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus'. It's a really famous book, and i think i've already recommended it a few times before on the boards.

The book is for both men and women. In fact, both of you -should- read it for it to have a real impact.  Its very informative, and more importantly it WORKS.  Take it from my experience, i've used ideas presented in this book in my 3 year relationship and it really does work. Less arguments, less resentment, more trust, and such other things you'll get if you read this book, and actualy make use of it. (i've already read it twice, i need to read it again, its just so much stuff to jam in at once!)
Both of you will be laughing while reading it because you realise as you read all the dumb mistakes (and misconseptions) you've made in past arguments, and how futile and pointless they were.  I can honestly say i feel older after reading this book.  In fact, while the book was still fresh in memory, i remember chuckling at couples on the bus who were arguing, because i could totaly pick apart the whole argument, and understand how both of them were going at it so wrong.

Anyway, bottom line, its a good book. Take it or leave it.  :smile: :thumbup:

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: Ripple]
    #2272101 - 01/25/04 03:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ripple said:
The only girl I approach is my wife and I still don't know what works??? :confused:

My girl is kind of like Michigan weather, you never know what the day will bring or what she is going to be like 2 hours later. She tolerates me and puts up with my shit, that in itself is a miracle so I will try to keep her around as long as she will stay.

Just stay confident Kosmic and keep your ego in check. The right one will come to you or meet you halfway.

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: Xibalba]
    #2272314 - 01/25/04 05:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The most slimy superficial pigheaded chauvinistic sons of bitches cynically peddling a bunch of cheap mind games, fake personalities and selfish macho attitudes to losers with no self-respect so they can trick sluts with even less self-respect into having meaningless sex with them. I'd like to think it's all made-up bullshit, but the sad thing is that I know in my heart they're right. That's really how it works. It's how society is set up, they really do have the rules of the game figured out.

And I'll have no part of it. Yes, I'm a true playerhater and it's not because I'm jealous. I don't hate the players because they're having sex and I'm not, I hate them because they are phony assholes. And as for the dumb shallow bitches who reward them for it with a neverending supply of blowjobs? Fuck them. No, really, go right ahead, I'm sure as hell not going to. Not if they paid me.

I feel the same way! :thumbup: :smirk:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2272608 - 01/25/04 07:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've never hit on a girl before. I probably never will. I'm absolutely terrified of girls. And I'm a freak that would get laughed at. I've only been hit on once and that was by a guy. :lol:

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: ]
    #2272680 - 01/25/04 07:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have been hit on by guys before, in fact my buddies call me.....dont laugh, the "fag magnet", cuase gay men hit on me most of all.

It really does suck!

--------------------

Offlinefung_us_among_us
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central Oregon Flag
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2272737 - 01/25/04 08:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
:feelsgoodman::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::ahahaha::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::feelsgoodman:

Edited by fung_us_among_us (10/15/10 07:19 PM)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: Murex]
    #2272847 - 01/25/04 09:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"Maybe it's a sub-contious thing, but in a way, I treat hot girls worse than 'normal' girls. It's wierd."

Resentment stemming from sexual frustration.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: Phluck]
    #2273134 - 01/25/04 10:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i'm good at talking to ugly girls for some reason.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: justsmurfy]
    #2273447 - 01/26/04 12:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

justsmurfy said:
I often wonder if women really understand how hard it is to approach some one. How many of you have had a woman approach you? If it's so easy and they're so liberated, why don't they do it more often? Why wait for the guy to initiate a relationship? My guess is that they find it as hard to come up with the courage as we do, but enjoy the benefits of having the male expected to have the balls to do something about it. Yeah, maybe I'm a bit bitter about being in a situation where I'm forced to approach women and deal with the strong possibility of rejection (both nerve wracking), but what ticks me off is that women act like it's an easy thing to do, or if you don't do it well, that you're a jackass. Rrrrrrr. Hypocrisy. Where the hell's spell check when I need it? I hope it's coming back.

-JustSmurfy

I was rejected once. That was enough for me, I guess, because I never tried picking up on a guy again after that. I guess it's a self-esteem issue.

I appreciate what you guys go through to try to date a girl in whom you are interested. I agree that us girls should try to do what you do more often. We'd probably appreciate you better.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleLeViTY
I missed theark.

Loc: CA
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: Frog]
    #2273480 - 01/26/04 01:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have never hit on a guy. It's too scary. But it's really cool when a guy has the courage to talk to a girl, because I know I couldn't do it.

I'm glad I'm not a guy, hehe.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: LeViTY]
    #2273820 - 01/26/04 04:42 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I talk about this with girls sometimes about why does the man always has to do al the moves. And I ask them why they don't approach guys they really like. NO WAY, way to scary! is almost always the answer. And they agree that it isn't fair that man always have to approach girls but at the same tiome they're very happy they don't have to do it.
seems like man just have a little more balls to go gor it :tongue: although it's still scary damnit :smirk:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: stefan]
    #2274581 - 01/26/04 11:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i think i must be one of those really hot guys but just don't know it...its the only logical explanation of why i don't get any girls...they must be afraid of how sexy i am  :wink:.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: TODAY]
    #2275793 - 01/26/04 08:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Just keep telling yourself that.... :tongue:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinejustsmurfy
little bluetwerp

Re: Approaching Girls [Re: Frog]
    #2283550 - 01/29/04 10:50 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
I was rejected once.  That was enough for me, I guess, because I never tried picking up on a guy again after that.  I guess it's a self-esteem issue. 

I appreciate what you guys go through to try to date a girl in whom you are interested.  I agree that us girls should try to do what you do more often.  We'd probably appreciate you better.

Dang, if that's you in your avatar, it's hard to believe you got nuked! :wink:

I've had some female friends talk about trying to get a guy to ask them out and make them think it was their idea.  What's your take on that?  It sounds pretty frustrating to me.

-JustSmurfy

--------------------
Unsuitable for Human Consumption

Offlinekushlover
stringcheesehead

Loc: USA
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: justsmurfy]
    #2283988 - 01/29/04 12:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

This thread really hits home for me.  I was in a long term relationship till about a year ago.  Since, I've been trying to fill the void I now feel from the lack of close companionship.  Much to my dismay I'm having the same problems as described here.  It is comforting to know I'm not alone. 

Wise man  once said, "If I was only castrated, I'd quit banging my head on the wall". 

I guess the key is to be happy with what you've got.  Despite feeling empty in places without the ex.  I do have new freedoms I missed when I was with her.  :nut:

--------------------
What I'm about to tell you is the truth.......
What I just told you is a lie.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale