Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep sane?
    #2994539 -

If someones having a bad trip what drugs would be good to give someone thats freakin out? I have tons of benzo's tranqs and anti psychotics.

I would think Xanax should work, anyone use it for a bad trip?

I also have some havy duty anti phychotics that will litteraly put you in a coma for a while. What about thorazine? What about Zyprexa, abilify, seroquel. Or anti siezure drugs, I have a couple diff kinds...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep sane? [Re: mush20]
    #2994740 -

A bed should work most of the time otherwise just go to teh ER so they can get analized. You dont know the status of ther temp, blood pressure, heart rate ect and dont know what does what and how it reacts. Leave it to the doctor, its there job.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep s [Re: mush20]
    #2994760 -

Don't worry about a bad trip. Some people have them more than others if at all. You shouldn't be tripping if you are worried.

The only things you have that go bad are within your own mind.

I've heard of a person popping valium before or while tripping to keep from getting nervous or paranoid. He said it worked like a charm. Mixing drugs isn't safe at all though.

Thorazine will kill the trip, I think.

Edited by MAGnum (08/12/04 07:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep s [Re: MAGnum]
    #2994804 -

I disagree that you should never trip if you are worried about having a bad trip. If I'd followed that advice (which I was told by other people before my first trip), I would never have tripped.

Some nervousness is to be expected, and mostly it goes away when you get into the trip. If you are worried about having a bad trip, don't take a large dose. I think alongside set and setting, there is how you react to the effect of the shrooms. This is just as important, IMO.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep s [Re: MAGnum]
    #2994929 -

thorazine won't kill the trip, it will just make you a vegtible. You'll still be tripping.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep sane? [Re: mush20]
    #2994984 -

They mostly end up in ER because they think they're dying.. or 've been poisoned...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep sane? [Re: mush20]
    #2995798 -

just start off with 250 mg niacinamide...


--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep s [Re: mush20]
    #3001012 -

Ive never had a bad trip, I just have tons of drugs on hand since im insane lol. I have bad trips when im not on drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep sane? [Re: mush20]
    #3001171 -

I read a report that said a lot of doctors enjoyed pumping the stomachs of people on mushrooms. Not because it made any difference but just to make them sorry for wasting hospital time.


--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep sane? [Re: mush20]
    #3001211 -

I would think people go to the ER on a "bad trip" because they either think they're going to die or they think they are fucked-up for life, and they want help.

But I dunno because nobody I know has ever freaked out that bad


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep sane? [Re: mush20]
    #3002435 -

I would say that probably 99% of the people who go to the ER for a bad trip don't need to go (people who eat home grown shrooms that is). Whatever physical symptoms they think they might be feeling are typically just exagerated or just a figment of the imagination.

There have been many occasions in which I had friends beg me to call 911 or to take them to the ER. I never actually refused to take them, but rather tried to distract them for a few untill I could actually judge if they were in any serious danger. If I could see that there was no real danger to them, I would go through the motions of trying to calm them down. Tell them that they're on shrooms. Tell them can't physically die from an overdose. Told them that they took shrooms on several different occasions and always came out of the trip fine. I offer them water and if need be I offer a xanax. I tell them that if they don't feel better within 20 minutes I promise I'll take them to the hospital. After the xanax kicks in, they always admit to me that they were over reacting and they're glad I didn't take them to the hospital.

On the other hand, I was once tripping on acid with a friend who was tripping on shrooms that one of his friends picked from a field. He started to freak out and I tried to assess the situation but wasn't too confident because I was unsure of the source of the mushrooms. I considered calling 911, but thought it best to call his brother to take us to the hospital. Turns out that he was in danger. He was having an allergic reaction to a mold toxin that must have been present on the shrooms that he ate. He was sick for several day after and refuses to ever touch shrooms again.

If it does come down to the point where there is no option but to go to the ER, which is highly unlikely, try never to call 911. Often times police will get involved and it turns out to be one big mess all for not. I've read many stories in which people freaked out, called 911, the fire department and police rushed over, took the person to the hospital, the person was treated at the hospital and then released only to come home to the police searching their house. Thoes who had mushrooms growing in their house... well you can only imagine what happened.

But anyhow, benzos will work to calm a person down who's freaking out. But a lot of times just a change in setting or a glass of water will help tremendously.


--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep sane? [Re: mush20]
    #3003539 -

xanax will take you out of a bad trip and sober real fast.

make sure you dont have excess pills while you are tripping. you may take too many, being that your judgment
IS impaired.


--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep sane? [Re: mush20]
    #3005141 -

I don't think people should go to the ER for a bad trip on mushrooms. The most they are going to do is have you drink some charcoal and have you puke it up. Hospital folk hate people who intoxicate themselves with substances and treat them like shit. They don't care if you die because they figure that you're just some dumb shit junkie who deserves to die anyway...

mixing drugs with other drugs isn't a very good idea either; thats how bad shit happens. If someone is having a bad trip, the best solution is just to comfort them and candy is good too. There is just something about candy that puts people in a comfort zone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep sane? [Re: mush20]
    #3005255 -

Would a placebo work? Tell them it's something strong but in reality it's only sugar or something weak like tylenol. I would think that would be a alot safer than giving them something that may be too strong...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep sane? [Re: blkhole]
    #3005416 -

Hmm... I think I should find a couple xanax in case a friend or I have a bad trip. Just having them is probably reasurring enough to curb a bad trip. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep sane? [Re: browndustin]
    #3007344 -

browndustin said:
Hmm... I think I should find a couple xanax in case a friend or I have a bad trip.  Just having them is probably reasurring enough to curb a bad trip.  :smile:



I would bet money on that. Most of my bad trips come from the idea that I'm trapped with nowhere to go but forward. That idea of commitment may be positive to some people, but I just like having an "emergency exit".


--------------------

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people goto the ER for bad trips? Drugs to keep s [Re: mush20]
    #3007624 -

Who started this thread? I'm looking for members who may have gotten deleted in the recent hack attempt, and need to be re-instated. If you know who this was, or anyone else who got deleted, can you please post their name in the WAF forum, so we can try and fix their member account?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bad Trips. I need info
( 1 2 all )
Trip_Out_7 18,392 23 12/30/22 02:31 PM
by TerdleMountain
* How To Come Down From A Bad Trip ?
( 1 2 3 all )
Natas 38,854 44 12/05/16 12:16 AM
by TheMadHatter420
* Re: Bad trip Anonymous 3,721 12 02/15/00 06:08 PM
by The Oswego Eclipse
* Bad Trip Memory Loss
( 1 2 all )
dewbidge 8,576 23 07/18/06 10:14 AM
by jonesie196
* Fuck bad trips man....
( 1 2 3 all )
Hypnotic 17,885 43 10/12/05 09:06 PM
by astralpiper
* Am I at higher risk of a bad trip cuz of x? RITM1999 1,340 4 11/05/02 10:05 PM
by RITM1999
* Re: Bad Trip...have a question, help me...pleeeease LillSkit 3,412 4 12/13/99 07:05 AM
by BBin
* Bad Trip : How much was taken? badtz 2,163 7 04/11/03 01:28 PM
by Dogomush

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
2,591 topic views. 2 members, 25 guests and 34 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.