Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Mute
    #2987889 - 08/10/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

What do you do when you want to be heard but feel like nobody is listening?  :crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: Mute [Re: MOTH]
    #2987898 - 08/10/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Loud music?

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #2987973 - 08/10/04 07:22 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think you need more real life social contact, like a good girlfriend would probably help you most.  The internet is a very sterile and form of social interaction.  It's like masturbation vs. sex, it's a substitution which has its pluses but it's missing something fundamental.  Right now I have neither so you're better off than me.  :tongue:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Mute [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2987994 - 08/10/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If it wasn't for my husband, I'd be incredibly lonely.

I don't know. I'm frustrated with a friend of mine right now. And I feel like unless I scream and stomp my feet and throw a huge hissy fit, nobody will listen. Hard to explain right now, but the main point is that I'm feeling bitchy and unheard no matter what I do.

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #2988513 - 08/10/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

sounds like you need a night out with your husband.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Mute [Re: UncleMike]
    #2988639 - 08/10/04 09:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

No kidding...the mandantory overtime that he has to put in is driving us both up the wall.  He is at work 12 hours a day and doesn't get paid any overtime for it.  He is at work more then he is at home.  :frown:  It's stressing both of us out.  Him because he is always tired, and me because I feel like I am neglected because of his stupid work.  We're both trying to be there for one another and be strong for one another, but it's rough.  I haven't exercised in awhile either because I've felt so gloomy.  Maybe not exercising is causing my gloominess, I don't know.  I did have a GREAT trip on Friday, but now it's back to reality.  Maybe it's time to put the advice I give others into action for myself and pull myself together.  This past month has just been really hard.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #2989049 - 08/10/04 11:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Why doesn't he get paid for his overtime? Does he get salary and that's it?

I find when I feel alone that going someplace calm and welcoming is fun, like botanical gardens, swimming pool, dog walking park (even without a dog)
That or join a club of like minded people that will be more receptive to the ideas you throw into a conversation.

OfflineHypnoToad
Stranger

#2989150 - 08/11/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

What do you do when you want to be heard but feel like nobody is listening?

I've learned the vast majority of people really arent listening or really dont care about what others have to say about much of anything.There are a special few people who really do care but those people are very few in number.Ive had one such friend in my life.The rest really didnt care about me or anything I said.

All in all people rarely ever take advice even if they ask for it.People are stubborn lol.

As for relaxation to get away from the stresses of other people,I do a few things.One is sewing.I sew and become very focused on it and the rest of the world disappears until Im done sewing.Gardening is the same way for me.I get into my own little world.I've learned that it really doesnt matter if people listen or not.It doesnt change me in any way and doesnt really affect me either.Even though sometimes someone should do something they are told they have free will and if they choose to learn something for themselves(which is often the case for most people)then I respect that.

Either you have to accept that the other person wont listen or you have to decide to move on.Those are the only two real choices if a person wont listen.It may sound cold but the truth is often that way.

You have take your feelings into account more than the other person's feelings.You have to do what is best for yourself.

If this friend is frustrating you,maybe spending a bit of time away from that friend will calm you and then maybe approach the situation differently with a calm mind.

--------------------
"There is no fire like lust, no grip like hate, no net like delusions, no river like craving."

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Mute [Re: blink]
    #2991147 - 08/11/04 12:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blinkidiot said:
Why doesn't he get paid for his overtime?  Does he get salary and that's it?

Salary and that's it.  Another stupid thing is that he is now the Advocate and Mentor for his team, *and* he is on the Premium Team, which means he is the best of the best!  So he has all these responsibilities and works his ass off but he doesn't get any payoff for it.  Of course, his managers tell him that he is making great progress in the heirarchy at the place and that it will pay off soon...but who knows when that will be. 

Anyway, thanks for the advice Blink. 

:heart: 

Thank you also, Hypnotoad. 

:heart:

I'll be able to deal better with Kevin's working all the time when I go to college, I think. 

truly,

*me*

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #2991391 - 08/11/04 02:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you really do give good advice so maybe you are the one who should be listening to you. Any way maybe things will get better at your husbands work and you will have a little time together.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mute [Re: HypnoToad]
    #2991669 - 08/11/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, nobody really cares. It's like how people say "how are you?" as a greeting, but no one really wants to know how you are. They all don't give a shit. And I've only had one friend that truly cared and I believe still cares, and even then I'm still skeptical of him at times. But I guess this doesn't really relate too well to this topic so I'll stop now.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #2995806 - 08/12/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've learned to not waste your breath.

If they're not going to listen then remove yourself from the situation. Why should you give your respect and listen to them when they don't give a fuck about you?

Your true friends are people that would feel bad if they ignored you.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #2998041 - 08/12/04 10:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
What do you do when you want to be heard but feel like nobody is listening?  :crazy:

Talk to me. :thumbup:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Mute [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #2998091 - 08/12/04 10:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ArmFromTheAbyss1 said:

Your true friends are people that would feel bad if they ignored you.

That is an excellant point, one that's been nagging me but that I've been ignoring.  I've been afraid that if I throw in the towel with this friend, I'll never have another good friend again.  I know it's sort of silly. 

Basically, it's gotten to the point where I feel the friendship is very one-sided.  I'm always the one who is struggling to maintain contact.  I guess I should take a hint and stop it.  If this person still wants to be my friend, they'll put some effort into doing so. 

Thanks for the wake up call.  :heart:

*me*

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Mute [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2998096 - 08/12/04 10:46 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
Quote:

EllemyshShade said:

Talk to me. :thumbup:

Thank you Lightning!  :sun: :heart:

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #2998206 - 08/12/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Anytime love, and i mean that. I try never to be too buzy to help someone, lend and ear, or a shoulder to cry on if needed. Life is frustrating enough with all of it's superficial bullshit, and people really gotta start honestly caring about one another. I'd give you the shirt off my back if you were cold, my last dollar if you were hungry. We will survive, and live to keep right on loving each other forever!! One day when this planet has been cleansed, I will dance with you down by the riverside.. :tongue2:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom