Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 |
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Belintaf] * 3
    #29680387 -

:neat:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Belintaf] * 2
    #29680389 -

Yeah I have added middle holes, I guess fruiting it is then! The myc knows best, and it's pinning, who am I to tell it its wrong?

So excited for KSSS, like, something I've wanted to grow sicne I started in 2012 but never got around to actually getting


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Huskies] * 3
    #29680395 -

thanks for rating mon!


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Huskies] * 2
    #29680398 -

Huskies said:
Yeah I have added middle holes, I guess fruiting it is then! The myc knows best, and it's pinning, who am I to tell it its wrong?

So excited for KSSS, like, something I've wanted to grow sicne I started in 2012 but never got around to actually getting



DUnk them efter 5-6 days and just lightly mist them 2-3 times per day. . .


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: flapping_bird] * 3
    #29680412 -

Finally have some visible action on the second set of jars with the Burma LC. I'm going to make some plain BRF jars and try to use swabs with the GT spore print.


--------------------
Even if you fail, success is the knowledge gained along the way.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: COgrower] * 5
    #29680430 -

Some killer cakes on the battle field :rockon:


To me consolidation is the mycelium "digesting" the food, growing new hyphae with those nutes, solidifying it's hold on things. We need to remember that the fruit bodies are literally formed from the same hyphae that colonized the substrate to begin with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte] * 3
    #29680446 -

I'd be biased against top fruiting for KSSS just because of the shape of them.



These guys are a bit bigger than tangerines, IDK what to compare to lol. But just one of them would crowd out a jar top, they might benefit from the extra space.

:shrug: just my 2c


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Rasmodius] * 4
    #29680467 -

Welp, mound it is!


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Huskies] * 3
    #29680773 -

I've had invitro pins for a few days, and the cake wasn't even fully finished, but I can't fruit them anyway until I return on the 11th of October.  The AA+ wants OUT of there in a hurry, and the APE R isn't far behind, good fungi and gal times... ahead.  Great to see some fruiting going down... diggin' that water tub as well... Great work, I wish I could fruit these in a few days, no worries, it's early into CAKE WARRRRRRS!!!! 

P.S I'll get some half pint MS shots up soon... all the best cake cultivators.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: MushLuvR77] * 3
    #29681158 -

So far zero growth on the cakes, pucks are chugging along tho.  I do have growth on the back ups tho:





Might be nocing up 6 more next week, gonna look through my genetics and get another syringe made later today.


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: kingboomer] * 2
    #29681189 -

:neat:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 5
    #29681349 -





Lone Tasmanian... but no stalling and progressing every day so I will let it do what it does. 


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: MushLuvR77] * 7
    #29681522 -

I promised myself no more updates until I got pins. Well I have pins….just not where I thought I would. The bran muffins are pinning invitro :facepalm: Not the C6 clones (same clone) inoculated on the brf a week earlier. No sir. No fruiting conditions needed it seems. The two pinning are the furthest ahead in terms of colonization compared to the other bran muffins, only a tiny spot on the bottom to close. Will likely finish tomorrow. But not sure about dunking now. Might just bottom water.




I am excited to see my baby come back and know I got some prints I can make soon. But I’m very intrigued by these bran cakes. I really am curious as to the final yields with them. I feel it has a lot of potential to be an excellent nute source that is cheap and easy to source. Hella cheaper than brf is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte] * 2
    #29681658 -

Exciting! You just gonna pop the lid and top fruit them?


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Rasmodius]
    #29681665 -

What was the cake size limit? 1000ml?

I know there isnt a hard limit in the rules, but i remember a firm suggestion was made implying a size limit

Edited by langten69 (09/29/26 07:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29681668 -

1000ml indeed.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29681669 -

langten69 said:
What was the cake size limit? 1000ml?

I know there isnt a hard limit in the rules, but i remember a firm suggestion was made implying a size limit




Anything bigger than a half pint/250ml has a tendency to stall.  I've done pints before but they took a long time to grow out.  I'm fairly certain we can't do cron cakes either?


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Rasmodius] * 3
    #29681882 -

Rasmodius said:
Exciting! You just gonna pop the lid and top fruit them?



That’s the plan. I might not even case these

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte] * 2
    #29682073 -

case my roasting bum:smug: I know you want to...i love you sop much...:loveheart:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 4
    #29682117 -

First Cake has been dunked, rinsed, and coir'ed. KSSS MS





Put it in an icecream container because since its the early bird, I don't think the humidity would work well in a larger one. If it needs more space after, I will use a ziploc or something.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 |

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Cakes are stalling! Help! Grower 1,597 11 05/07/01 07:55 PM
by BrownPastures
* abhorts on top of cake pleezr 987 2 01/14/02 03:43 PM
by pleezr
* Fucken with the cakes 2 (pic)
( 1 2 all )
Magash 3,065 22 10/31/02 09:22 PM
by Magash
* Re: a few questions about my cakes? Anonymous 786 2 12/05/99 02:58 PM
by Anonymous
* bluing cakes - please help! Mercuria 939 1 08/19/01 02:36 PM
by Lana
* transferring cakes...ideas? chunder 802 1 08/13/02 04:53 AM
by FanaTEK
* Re: Difference between cakes and harvest.
( 1 2 3 all )
lounge lizard 6,230 42 03/25/01 07:06 AM
by Anonymous
* cake disintegrated when picked up !! aenima 741 3 05/25/02 05:32 AM
by Iowa Rasta

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
6,117 topic views. 13 members, 67 guests and 148 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.