Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 |
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: DorkWithTheHair] * 2
    #29679417 -

DorkWithTheHair said:
I mean, one could argue that rising above our evolutionary programming is a cornerstone of any halfway functioning society.  Evolutionary programming says I should eat everything I can lest I starve.  Except, that will (and has) make me fat and could outright kill me with a fuckin coronary.  Evolutionary programming tells me to fuck anyone and everyone I can to spread my genes.  Except, I'll just end up getting AIDS if I do that.

Evolution led us to becoming a highly social species, but left a looooooooot of bullshit behind that's incredibly antisocial.  Rising above it is one of the things that makes us human.

Honestly, the idea I shouldn't tell it to fuck off when it so much as inconveniences me smacks of naturalistic fallacy.  Hemlock's natural, after all.  Don't mean it won't kill your ass stone dead if you eat it like a moron.




You're not wrong. All I'm saying is biology has had a long, long time to hone its ability to compel me to say "yes" in the catalytic moments of reproduction. In fact, the very first thing any living organism ever did was reproduce; it's the oldest motivational drive of all creation. If you've reproduced, you've probably felt the profundity of that drive to such an extent that it changed your entire life.

Edited to add: Also, I think only striving to conquer our nature as dirt creatures is counterproductive. You're not greater than creation; you can't be because you exist inside it. You have to work with your nature. You shouldn't eat any garbage that exists, so you keep healthy snacks around instead of junk food because your nature makes you more likely to eat the apple on the counter than to drive to the store and buy chips. The difference isn't our willpower; its our technology. you're right that just because it's natural doesnt make it good. For instance, it's natural to die of cancer. We can't change that nature, many of us are compelled to that fate. But we CAN use technology to change the expression of that nature.


--------------------
idrk how I got here or what I'm here for but I  keep waking up with this biological urge to not die✨

Edited by skrimplet (09/27/26 12:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: skrimplet] * 1
    #29679448 -

Ugh, "natural"... It's a very poorly grounded concept within society. In my view everything is natural — we have no superior power to separate anything from the (natural) universe that contains them (and contains us). Even the most atrocious things — they're still part of nature.

It works for distinguishing things like freshly squeezed orange juice (natural) versus a product calling itself "orange juice" that comes out of a factory packed with flavorings and texturizers.

And it's a real pain that we look through the lens of a subjective concept to place things on one side or the other of the line.

It's very hard to find "the answer" on many questions... Monogamy or polygamy? Gender equality with identical expectations? Reproduction as a duty? So what do we say to the LGBT community? Democracy in a world of mandatory educational programs?

At least in the West, and within the reproductive context (and not only), the impact of Christian culture has been critical. Would we accept as natural selection the pairing of the strongest male with the most fertile female, for the good of the species? Even if that meant your partner carrying another man's children? And children belonging to the community? And the community genuinely feeling responsible for other people's children?

"We're not ants." — "But ants also enslave." — "We're not ants." — "But ants also cultivate fungi." — "But we're not ants..."

Natural or not — that's not the point.

I think, and then I forget it... I make myself a coffee, open the forum, read — enjoy the morning. And afterwards — I try to be okay and I make sure no one has to pay for my wellbeing with their discomfort. And even so the collective conscience grates in the background — Crrr, crrr, crrr...

Have a good day! :heart:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Belintaf] * 6
    #29679466 -


I confess I made 40 nopours n a shit ton of sterile swabs today n I didn't evin spill a drop of agar :drunkaf:

Now to see if I made em correct

Edit. :facepalm3: apparently the petris I got can't handle17 psi so I've decided next time I just do like u said n pc in jar lol il pour in the sab 😅


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Edited by bloodssonnew (09/27/26 04:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Belintaf] * 2
    #29679477 -

This was very well written and I enjoyed the read! I will be sure to ponder on the concept more, thank you for sharing!

🍄🧚


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: shroom_fae] * 2
    #29679485 -

With a bit of imagination..



--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: shroom_fae] * 12
    #29679486 -

Hey all, a big thank you to the powers that be (never thought I'd say that without barfing a little).

And again: congrats DV8, very deserved!

I just wanted to say that I've decided to start sending out stuff again. One of my letters was intercepted and it could have brought danger and persecution to someone I highly value. So I decided not to do that for a bit. Anyway it seems that was a one-off. If you requested anything from me in the past time, please pm your request again and if the sought genetics are still in stock I'll send them out.

This decision was actually taken yesterday and had nothing to do with my tagging, but I mean, the tagging makes it the more necessary. I have no supporter tag and sending out a lot of love letters was meant to be my way of contributing to our community. I don't do writeups like DV8, take long shifts in QQ-QA or just excel in general like some people (AhKloakkhem!). So there's that and there's probably a fat stack of fresh woodlover prints coming in, in the forseeable future.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Cultivation Confessional Booth - The Unofficial Cultivation Off Topic Discussion. [Re: BeefExtreme] * 11
    #29679491 -

I confess, I'm feeling the STRONG urge to cult again. It's been since May, and I still have all the medicine I could ever want, but I miss tending my flock, so to speak. I have a bunch of prints from friends here that I have yet to germinate...winter is coming, and it's time to pour some plates and prep some grain. Heeeeere we go....


--------------------
-Noku
Eskawata kaya waikiki
HHG
"Shake it like you would a newborn baby" - BeefExtreme

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Cultivation Confessional Booth - The Unofficial Cultivation Off Topic Discussion. [Re: Nokumana] * 2
    #29679556 -

:manofapproval:


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Cultivation Confessional Booth - The Unofficial Cultivation Off Topic Discussion. [Re: Nokumana] * 3
    #29679599 -

:letsgo:

my current little grow fading out. want to see a fresh shoebox all bejeweled with water droplets asap :lol:


--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Cultivation Confessional Booth - The Unofficial Cultivation Off Topic Discussion. [Re: Mackload] * 9
    #29679656 -

I confess I’m taking my partner to top golf after an all-nighter because being alive is an experience and we are both unemployed right now


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕲𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Cultivation Confessional Booth - The Unofficial Cultivation Off Topic Discussion. [Re: Tri] * 1
    #29679662 -

Top golf is lit AF, Have fun

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Cultivation Confessional Booth - The Unofficial Cultivation Off Topic Discussion. [Re: langten69]
    #29679685 -

I'm scared to break and shake my rye bag.
I read some stories about people tearing the bag open. I may just let it ride and wait a bit longer. Seems to be colonizing fairly quickly now.

:popcorn:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29679721 -

bloodssonnew said:

I confess I made 40 nopours n a shit ton of sterile swabs today n I didn't evin spill a drop of agar :drunkaf:

Now to see if I made em correct

Edit. :facepalm3: apparently the petris I got can't handle17 psi so I've decided next time I just do like u said n pc in jar lol il pour in the sab 😅




I remember when I made one of those.
I ended up with one perfect agar Petri dish the size of a pot lid.
I would just go with autoclavable glass and never look back. They are fragile but just imagine the amount of money and hassle you never need to deal with again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29679736 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
bloodssonnew said:

I confess I made 40 nopours n a shit ton of sterile swabs today n I didn't evin spill a drop of agar :drunkaf:

Now to see if I made em correct

Edit. :facepalm3: apparently the petris I got can't handle17 psi so I've decided next time I just do like u said n pc in jar lol il pour in the sab 😅




I remember when I made one of those.
I ended up with one perfect agar Petri dish the size of a pot lid.
I would just go with autoclavable glass and never look back. They are fragile but just imagine the amount of money and hassle you never need to deal with again.




I've got a set of 100 pp5 petris  that are perfectly fine if you dont mind lightly less visibility( not enough to matter). The only mistake here was the material used


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29679764 -

I confess I still have a handful of nonreusable plates mixed in to my jazz and every now and again I sterilize a stack of plates and there will be one or two melted af and the rest are fine always silly lmao

Also thanks lang it’s a blast :laugh:


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕲𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Tri] * 2
    #29679871 -

ALRIGHT

I fell victim to the AIO bags,, i actually got those first because "They are as easy as..." BULLSH*T  it overlayed and consolidated to all high hell.

I'm going to Run Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have)

inside one of  Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs

and use Beefs Punisher Tek. How Beef preps a delinquent sub for second flush: a true mycology confession to get it started!


If it's successful I'll do a write up for it on how I did it/ how it went. I already have a write up for Beef's AIO rescue tek with a successful revival on a PE AIO bag.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29679930 -

callmehippie said:
GenesisCorrupted said:
bloodssonnew said:

I confess I made 40 nopours n a shit ton of sterile swabs today n I didn't evin spill a drop of agar :drunkaf:

Now to see if I made em correct

Edit. :facepalm3: apparently the petris I got can't handle17 psi so I've decided next time I just do like u said n pc in jar lol il pour in the sab 😅




I remember when I made one of those.
I ended up with one perfect agar Petri dish the size of a pot lid.
I would just go with autoclavable glass and never look back. They are fragile but just imagine the amount of money and hassle you never need to deal with again.




I've got a set of 100 pp5 petris  that are perfectly fine if you dont mind lightly less visibility( not enough to matter). The only mistake here was the material used



These where supposed to be borosilicate though I got scammedlol


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Lo-Z] * 12
    #29679931 -

I confess I’m sitting in a hotel room, six hours from home, crying my eyes out and drinking as much bourbon as I can pour down my gullet.

I haven’t been round here much because I’ve been pouring all of my free time and energy into my puppy. We’ve had him for a year, and I love him to death, but today I drove through four states to take him back to his breeder. We can’t do it any more. He’s an anxious, fearful, Lyme ridden 140 pound puppy. He needs constant attention. He has severe separation anxiety. He is vicious when anyone visits our home. For a while he couldn’t sit or lie down due to the Lyme arthritis. My wife and I have spent months giving him 24 hour, seven day a week attention. We are worn thin. I fell like such a failure. I was his human, and I let him down. I’m gutted that we had to give him up. I know he’ll be well cared for, but I miss him already.

I miss being here. I will get my life back. I miss my dog.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: RoscoeReturns]
    #29679934 -

I'm really sorry about your dog Rosco. It can be hard letting a dog go, but it sounds like it was the right choice to make.

:hug:


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: RoscoeReturns]
    #29679939 -

Damn Roscoe, I’m so sorry. I know how much you love that big pup.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 |

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* *DELETED* Cultivate 2,966 8 04/14/08 06:12 AM
by HerbBaker
* Newbie planning first cultivation. hX_ 771 6 05/31/08 04:48 PM
by Neobean
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8716 8717 )
saralove 5,224,223 174,328 09/30/26 07:10 PM
by BeefExtreme
* Triumph over contamination! Apis 1,476 10 02/02/07 12:42 AM
by RogerRabbit
* cultivating in apartments
( 1 2 all )
TriptopinkFloyd 3,801 23 12/11/02 12:03 AM
by TrippingBillies
* mushroom cultivation
( 1 2 all )
aj6953538 3,228 23 10/10/07 12:40 AM
by 01066595
* I've cultivated... zetek 900 6 12/11/24 07:54 PM
by fahtster
* Bulk cultivation help WhoWhatWhen 1,578 11 08/07/03 08:39 AM
by micro

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
458,860 topic views. 7 members, 50 guests and 158 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.053 seconds spending 0.033 seconds on 16 queries.