Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: MushLuvR77] * 2
    #29675580 -

Bought some brown rice flour today, just need some verm and it’s go time :biggrin:


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕲𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Tri] * 4
    #29675592 -

B̵͙̰̟̬͍̬̬̼͇̫̻̝̱̈̓͗̂͐́͐͑͐̈́̎̏̒́̈́̅͌̽́͌̄͑̍̏̒͛́́̽̕͘͘͜͝ͅE̵̱̭̖̩͚̲͚͙͚̪̝̟̲̻͈̳͍͙̩̬̦͉̦͆̿̑̓̈́͑̏͛̎̈́̈́͐̅̓̉̓̔̑̚͜͝͝ ̴̨̛̛̫͍̩̻̣̯̤͎̤̖͈͈͉͕͙̤̫̺͎̼͉͈̱̙͇̟͖̜̗͆͛̅̓̒̈͂̀͊̊̋̈͂̈́͊͘͜͠͠͝͝ͅÁ̶̧̫̜̗̜̪̻̼̱͙̪̘͕̥͍̱̬̹̘̺͌̄͆͋͂͊͆͋̎͛̓͆͗̈́͘͝ ̵̪͖̺̜͍͔̜̗̥̠̘͇͗̒̆̑̃͋͑̾̆͋̒̄͝͝͝C̸̖̮̝̲̍̆͋͐̏̀Ơ̸̗͙̰͈̭͇͉͊́͑̾̿̿̊̏̈́̓̆̊͌͋̈̄͛͆̈́̀̚I̷̡͉̣͒͜Ȑ̴̨̛͕̫̪̣͉̗̭̬͍͈̱͙͙̪͖̒̎͌̈́̿̄̑̚͝ͅͅ ̴̡̗̫̙̈́̈́͐̂̽̊͋͂̓̒̈́̓̽͋͛͛͊̀͂̂H̶̛͕͈̠͎͔͉͍̜͖͙͕͈̪̙̰͓̦̪̥͓͒̆̏̈̒̏̑̐͂̒̊̋̈́͑̋̀̉̑̆̈́͒͛͋̐̏̄̚͘͝͝͠͠Ě̵̥͉̘̣̥̫̫̰̹͔̘̘̫͇͆̂̃͌͗̓̽͌́̊̽͌̏̾̈́͒̒̌͘͜͠ͅȐ̶̨̢̹̘̺̰̥̹̟̞͍̱͔̗̯̱̞̜̫͇͔̳͈͈̪̫͍̮̯͚̘̺͂̑̌̿͒͌͆̈̃͛͛̐̽̿͑͗̆́̈́͛͗̑͋͐̊̕̚̕͝͠͠͝ͅḀ̶̢̛̦̲̳̟̫̰̐̈͐̽̀̈́̓͐͑͐͒̐͂͌̏̿̄̐̃̐̅̂͌͊̀̚̚͘̕͜͝͝T̴̛̰̄̓̌̂͆̄͋̅̏̋̎̂̄̒̒͌̿̒̀͐̀̓̕̕͘͠͝I̸̢̢̡̛̛̹̺̬͎̘͈̹̭̮̫̥͔͕̞͓͉̼̬̗̤͚͔̬̻̻̮̥̽͗̆̔̀̈̐͋̈̽̃̆̌́̽͒̈́̎͘͝C̸̨̧͓̫̺̼͇̱̘͚̞͙͖͇̟̮͇̯͉̜͍̝̬̯̞̬̗̲̦͍̙̰̀͌̅͘





:sagetrip:

I'm realizing something that is not spoken of too much:

the cakes we inoculate with MS are going to have way more genetic variability than the vast majority of our agar work even with spores. I always select some of the first best growth and transfer, but that itself is a massive bottleneck to the full spectrum of gene expressions that were in the print.

When we select from the best fruits from a MS syringe grow, we will probably see a much wider variety of good cloning candidates, and a wilder range of potency, right?

For breeding, it makes more sense to go cakes first then, doesn't it?


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Huskies] * 3
    #29675595 -

Huskies said:
B̵͙̰̟̬͍̬̬̼͇̫̻̝̱̈̓͗̂͐́͐͑͐̈́̎̏̒́̈́̅͌̽́͌̄͑̍̏̒͛́́̽̕͘͘͜͝ͅE̵̱̭̖̩͚̲͚͙͚̪̝̟̲̻͈̳͍͙̩̬̦͉̦͆̿̑̓̈́͑̏͛̎̈́̈́͐̅̓̉̓̔̑̚͜͝͝ ̴̨̛̛̫͍̩̻̣̯̤͎̤̖͈͈͉͕͙̤̫̺͎̼͉͈̱̙͇̟͖̜̗͆͛̅̓̒̈͂̀͊̊̋̈͂̈́͊͘͜͠͠͝͝ͅÁ̶̧̫̜̗̜̪̻̼̱͙̪̘͕̥͍̱̬̹̘̺͌̄͆͋͂͊͆͋̎͛̓͆͗̈́͘͝ ̵̪͖̺̜͍͔̜̗̥̠̘͇͗̒̆̑̃͋͑̾̆͋̒̄͝͝͝C̸̖̮̝̲̍̆͋͐̏̀Ơ̸̗͙̰͈̭͇͉͊́͑̾̿̿̊̏̈́̓̆̊͌͋̈̄͛͆̈́̀̚I̷̡͉̣͒͜Ȑ̴̨̛͕̫̪̣͉̗̭̬͍͈̱͙͙̪͖̒̎͌̈́̿̄̑̚͝ͅͅ ̴̡̗̫̙̈́̈́͐̂̽̊͋͂̓̒̈́̓̽͋͛͛͊̀͂̂H̶̛͕͈̠͎͔͉͍̜͖͙͕͈̪̙̰͓̦̪̥͓͒̆̏̈̒̏̑̐͂̒̊̋̈́͑̋̀̉̑̆̈́͒͛͋̐̏̄̚͘͝͝͠͠Ě̵̥͉̘̣̥̫̫̰̹͔̘̘̫͇͆̂̃͌͗̓̽͌́̊̽͌̏̾̈́͒̒̌͘͜͠ͅȐ̶̨̢̹̘̺̰̥̹̟̞͍̱͔̗̯̱̞̜̫͇͔̳͈͈̪̫͍̮̯͚̘̺͂̑̌̿͒͌͆̈̃͛͛̐̽̿͑͗̆́̈́͛͗̑͋͐̊̕̚̕͝͠͠͝ͅḀ̶̢̛̦̲̳̟̫̰̐̈͐̽̀̈́̓͐͑͐͒̐͂͌̏̿̄̐̃̐̅̂͌͊̀̚̚͘̕͜͝͝T̴̛̰̄̓̌̂͆̄͋̅̏̋̎̂̄̒̒͌̿̒̀͐̀̓̕̕͘͠͝I̸̢̢̡̛̛̹̺̬͎̘͈̹̭̮̫̥͔͕̞͓͉̼̬̗̤͚͔̬̻̻̮̥̽͗̆̔̀̈̐͋̈̽̃̆̌́̽͒̈́̎͘͝C̸̨̧͓̫̺̼͇̱̘͚̞͙͖͇̟̮͇̯͉̜͍̝̬̯̞̬̗̲̦͍̙̰̀͌̅͘





:sagetrip:




I <3 coir

But I’ve never done pf tek so I’m trying to do it a liiiittle on the traditional side just to get the novelty :laugh:


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕲𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Tri] * 1
    #29675599 -

I used coir and verm :crazy2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: MushLuvR77] * 2
    #29675825 -

MushLuvR77 said:
Did CW sprinkle some fairy dust on my Avery A's, another jar showing growth... 2/4... shoot... maybe I am a Cake grower.  :rofl:



Cake is a fairy fucker got damnit grow em cakes!..

:smug:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 1
    #29675842 -

One got borked on a final stretch. Weirdly not even near the injection sites. I probably was just too optimistic with hoping that the semi moist coir barrier will hold :facepalm3:



Looks like I have to get some brf and verm again after all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Huskies] * 1
    #29675911 -

Huskies said:
:hamsterdance::mushdance::hamsterdance:





and again..I AM CAKE WONDEROUS...


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Huskies] * 2
    #29675914 -

Huskies said:
B̵͙̰̟̬͍̬̬̼͇̫̻̝̱̈̓͗̂͐́͐͑͐̈́̎̏̒́̈́̅͌̽́͌̄͑̍̏̒͛́́̽̕͘͘͜͝ͅE̵̱̭̖̩͚̲͚͙͚̪̝̟̲̻͈̳͍͙̩̬̦͉̦͆̿̑̓̈́͑̏͛̎̈́̈́͐̅̓̉̓̔̑̚͜͝͝ ̴̨̛̛̫͍̩̻̣̯̤͎̤̖͈͈͉͕͙̤̫̺͎̼͉͈̱̙͇̟͖̜̗͆͛̅̓̒̈͂̀͊̊̋̈͂̈́͊͘͜͠͠͝͝ͅÁ̶̧̫̜̗̜̪̻̼̱͙̪̘͕̥͍̱̬̹̘̺͌̄͆͋͂͊͆͋̎͛̓͆͗̈́͘͝ ̵̪͖̺̜͍͔̜̗̥̠̘͇͗̒̆̑̃͋͑̾̆͋̒̄͝͝͝C̸̖̮̝̲̍̆͋͐̏̀Ơ̸̗͙̰͈̭͇͉͊́͑̾̿̿̊̏̈́̓̆̊͌͋̈̄͛͆̈́̀̚I̷̡͉̣͒͜Ȑ̴̨̛͕̫̪̣͉̗̭̬͍͈̱͙͙̪͖̒̎͌̈́̿̄̑̚͝ͅͅ ̴̡̗̫̙̈́̈́͐̂̽̊͋͂̓̒̈́̓̽͋͛͛͊̀͂̂H̶̛͕͈̠͎͔͉͍̜͖͙͕͈̪̙̰͓̦̪̥͓͒̆̏̈̒̏̑̐͂̒̊̋̈́͑̋̀̉̑̆̈́͒͛͋̐̏̄̚͘͝͝͠͠Ě̵̥͉̘̣̥̫̫̰̹͔̘̘̫͇͆̂̃͌͗̓̽͌́̊̽͌̏̾̈́͒̒̌͘͜͠ͅȐ̶̨̢̹̘̺̰̥̹̟̞͍̱͔̗̯̱̞̜̫͇͔̳͈͈̪̫͍̮̯͚̘̺͂̑̌̿͒͌͆̈̃͛͛̐̽̿͑͗̆́̈́͛͗̑͋͐̊̕̚̕͝͠͠͝ͅḀ̶̢̛̦̲̳̟̫̰̐̈͐̽̀̈́̓͐͑͐͒̐͂͌̏̿̄̐̃̐̅̂͌͊̀̚̚͘̕͜͝͝T̴̛̰̄̓̌̂͆̄͋̅̏̋̎̂̄̒̒͌̿̒̀͐̀̓̕̕͘͠͝I̸̢̢̡̛̛̹̺̬͎̘͈̹̭̮̫̥͔͕̞͓͉̼̬̗̤͚͔̬̻̻̮̥̽͗̆̔̀̈̐͋̈̽̃̆̌́̽͒̈́̎͘͝C̸̨̧͓̫̺̼͇̱̘͚̞͙͖͇̟̮͇̯͉̜͍̝̬̯̞̬̗̲̦͍̙̰̀͌̅͘





:sagetrip:

I'm realizing something that is not spoken of too much:

the cakes we inoculate with MS are going to have way more genetic variability than the vast majority of our agar work even with spores. I always select some of the first best growth and transfer, but that itself is a massive bottleneck to the full spectrum of gene expressions that were in the print.

When we select from the best fruits from a MS syringe grow, we will probably see a much wider variety of good cloning candidates, and a wilder range of potency, right?

For breeding, it makes more sense to go cakes first then, doesn't it?



That's my view, and while I'll put spores to agar,  nowadays I always do a puck or cake (or both) too- almost a sure bet to get some fruits to clone.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Huskies] * 4
    #29675944 -

Huskies said:
B̵͙̰̟̬͍̬̬̼͇̫̻̝̱̈̓͗̂͐́͐͑͐̈́̎̏̒́̈́̅͌̽́͌̄͑̍̏̒͛́́̽̕͘͘͜͝ͅE̵̱̭̖̩͚̲͚͙͚̪̝̟̲̻͈̳͍͙̩̬̦͉̦͆̿̑̓̈́͑̏͛̎̈́̈́͐̅̓̉̓̔̑̚͜͝͝ ̴̨̛̛̫͍̩̻̣̯̤͎̤̖͈͈͉͕͙̤̫̺͎̼͉͈̱̙͇̟͖̜̗͆͛̅̓̒̈͂̀͊̊̋̈͂̈́͊͘͜͠͠͝͝ͅÁ̶̧̫̜̗̜̪̻̼̱͙̪̘͕̥͍̱̬̹̘̺͌̄͆͋͂͊͆͋̎͛̓͆͗̈́͘͝ ̵̪͖̺̜͍͔̜̗̥̠̘͇͗̒̆̑̃͋͑̾̆͋̒̄͝͝͝C̸̖̮̝̲̍̆͋͐̏̀Ơ̸̗͙̰͈̭͇͉͊́͑̾̿̿̊̏̈́̓̆̊͌͋̈̄͛͆̈́̀̚I̷̡͉̣͒͜Ȑ̴̨̛͕̫̪̣͉̗̭̬͍͈̱͙͙̪͖̒̎͌̈́̿̄̑̚͝ͅͅ ̴̡̗̫̙̈́̈́͐̂̽̊͋͂̓̒̈́̓̽͋͛͛͊̀͂̂H̶̛͕͈̠͎͔͉͍̜͖͙͕͈̪̙̰͓̦̪̥͓͒̆̏̈̒̏̑̐͂̒̊̋̈́͑̋̀̉̑̆̈́͒͛͋̐̏̄̚͘͝͝͠͠Ě̵̥͉̘̣̥̫̫̰̹͔̘̘̫͇͆̂̃͌͗̓̽͌́̊̽͌̏̾̈́͒̒̌͘͜͠ͅȐ̶̨̢̹̘̺̰̥̹̟̞͍̱͔̗̯̱̞̜̫͇͔̳͈͈̪̫͍̮̯͚̘̺͂̑̌̿͒͌͆̈̃͛͛̐̽̿͑͗̆́̈́͛͗̑͋͐̊̕̚̕͝͠͠͝ͅḀ̶̢̛̦̲̳̟̫̰̐̈͐̽̀̈́̓͐͑͐͒̐͂͌̏̿̄̐̃̐̅̂͌͊̀̚̚͘̕͜͝͝T̴̛̰̄̓̌̂͆̄͋̅̏̋̎̂̄̒̒͌̿̒̀͐̀̓̕̕͘͠͝I̸̢̢̡̛̛̹̺̬͎̘͈̹̭̮̫̥͔͕̞͓͉̼̬̗̤͚͔̬̻̻̮̥̽͗̆̔̀̈̐͋̈̽̃̆̌́̽͒̈́̎͘͝C̸̨̧͓̫̺̼͇̱̘͚̞͙͖͇̟̮͇̯͉̜͍̝̬̯̞̬̗̲̦͍̙̰̀͌̅͘





:sagetrip:

I'm realizing something that is not spoken of too much:

the cakes we inoculate with MS are going to have way more genetic variability than the vast majority of our agar work even with spores. I always select some of the first best growth and transfer, but that itself is a massive bottleneck to the full spectrum of gene expressions that were in the print.

When we select from the best fruits from a MS syringe grow, we will probably see a much wider variety of good cloning candidates, and a wilder range of potency, right?

For breeding, it makes more sense to go cakes first then, doesn't it?





Oyeah mss to cakes is the shotgun approach to this hobby.  You're gonna see the strong man hanging out with the bearded lady so to speak.  That's exactly why I like em tho, pheno hunting. Plus say you got a vendor syringe and noced up a handful of plates.  Even if you do a shitload you still have most of the syringe.  Now you have options, you can put it in the fridge for later, send it to a friend or do a batch of cakes and use it up.  They all have their downsides (takes up fridge space, piss off your buddy with a possible dirty syringe or dumping contaminated cakes), but I personally like to keep it in house.  That's my 5c anyway.


-Kingboomer


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: bluescreen] * 2
    #29675954 -

Yall crazy with ya bulks and cereals..do like old cakewonder..go into the kitchen and make some cakes..or ill come to your house..stalking ya...checking every window..nobody can stop me..MOAHAH:smug:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: kingboomer] * 7
    #29675999 -

kingboomer said:
Huskies said:
B̵͙̰̟̬͍̬̬̼͇̫̻̝̱̈̓͗̂͐́͐͑͐̈́̎̏̒́̈́̅͌̽́͌̄͑̍̏̒͛́́̽̕͘͘͜͝ͅE̵̱̭̖̩͚̲͚͙͚̪̝̟̲̻͈̳͍͙̩̬̦͉̦͆̿̑̓̈́͑̏͛̎̈́̈́͐̅̓̉̓̔̑̚͜͝͝ ̴̨̛̛̫͍̩̻̣̯̤͎̤̖͈͈͉͕͙̤̫̺͎̼͉͈̱̙͇̟͖̜̗͆͛̅̓̒̈͂̀͊̊̋̈͂̈́͊͘͜͠͠͝͝ͅÁ̶̧̫̜̗̜̪̻̼̱͙̪̘͕̥͍̱̬̹̘̺͌̄͆͋͂͊͆͋̎͛̓͆͗̈́͘͝ ̵̪͖̺̜͍͔̜̗̥̠̘͇͗̒̆̑̃͋͑̾̆͋̒̄͝͝͝C̸̖̮̝̲̍̆͋͐̏̀Ơ̸̗͙̰͈̭͇͉͊́͑̾̿̿̊̏̈́̓̆̊͌͋̈̄͛͆̈́̀̚I̷̡͉̣͒͜Ȑ̴̨̛͕̫̪̣͉̗̭̬͍͈̱͙͙̪͖̒̎͌̈́̿̄̑̚͝ͅͅ ̴̡̗̫̙̈́̈́͐̂̽̊͋͂̓̒̈́̓̽͋͛͛͊̀͂̂H̶̛͕͈̠͎͔͉͍̜͖͙͕͈̪̙̰͓̦̪̥͓͒̆̏̈̒̏̑̐͂̒̊̋̈́͑̋̀̉̑̆̈́͒͛͋̐̏̄̚͘͝͝͠͠Ě̵̥͉̘̣̥̫̫̰̹͔̘̘̫͇͆̂̃͌͗̓̽͌́̊̽͌̏̾̈́͒̒̌͘͜͠ͅȐ̶̨̢̹̘̺̰̥̹̟̞͍̱͔̗̯̱̞̜̫͇͔̳͈͈̪̫͍̮̯͚̘̺͂̑̌̿͒͌͆̈̃͛͛̐̽̿͑͗̆́̈́͛͗̑͋͐̊̕̚̕͝͠͠͝ͅḀ̶̢̛̦̲̳̟̫̰̐̈͐̽̀̈́̓͐͑͐͒̐͂͌̏̿̄̐̃̐̅̂͌͊̀̚̚͘̕͜͝͝T̴̛̰̄̓̌̂͆̄͋̅̏̋̎̂̄̒̒͌̿̒̀͐̀̓̕̕͘͠͝I̸̢̢̡̛̛̹̺̬͎̘͈̹̭̮̫̥͔͕̞͓͉̼̬̗̤͚͔̬̻̻̮̥̽͗̆̔̀̈̐͋̈̽̃̆̌́̽͒̈́̎͘͝C̸̨̧͓̫̺̼͇̱̘͚̞͙͖͇̟̮͇̯͉̜͍̝̬̯̞̬̗̲̦͍̙̰̀͌̅͘





:sagetrip:

I'm realizing something that is not spoken of too much:

the cakes we inoculate with MS are going to have way more genetic variability than the vast majority of our agar work even with spores. I always select some of the first best growth and transfer, but that itself is a massive bottleneck to the full spectrum of gene expressions that were in the print.

When we select from the best fruits from a MS syringe grow, we will probably see a much wider variety of good cloning candidates, and a wilder range of potency, right?

For breeding, it makes more sense to go cakes first then, doesn't it?





Oyeah mss to cakes is the shotgun approach to this hobby.  You're gonna see the strong man hanging out with the bearded lady so to speak.  That's exactly why I like em tho, pheno hunting. Plus say you got a vendor syringe and noced up a handful of plates.  Even if you do a shitload you still have most of the syringe.  Now you have options, you can put it in the fridge for later, send it to a friend or do a batch of cakes and use it up.  They all have their downsides (takes up fridge space, piss off your buddy with a possible dirty syringe or dumping contaminated cakes), but I personally like to keep it in house.  That's my 5c anyway.


-Kingboomer




When I was pheno hunting for RW I found I got more expression from less media and effort by going with smaller and smaller grows. Eventually I found what I was looking for pinning in a plate. But cakes and pucks etc are great ways hunt genetics 💯

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte] * 3
    #29676248 -

I fairly recently went through Reverends puck thread, definitely gives you flexibility with stubborn swabs, I've had issues with Pearly Gates swabs, and I'm pretty sure it's already jumping off on a puck (looks like it anyway we shall see).  It looks like I have Ps Cyan myc crawling up the stick, she does love her some WOOD!  :laugh2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: MushLuvR77] * 6
    #29676362 -

3 of 4 now for the Averys Albino half pints, really fast for a swab from late 23'.  One Ochra confirmed, without a doubt, its growth, and NO Trinity just yet.

The AA+ half pints are close, and the APE R is doing well for an APE variant, a few cake shots... for the masses.











And... the lone Taz jar, slowest to show but let's Grow!




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: MushLuvR77] * 10
    #29676428 -

Time for a quick update, although stuff seems pretty same same the nuances have me excited.

First round cakes are nearly done with just one of 118 cakes still finishing a little spot, I think it should be done in the next few days. The C6 clone cakes are done and look like this want to start popping pins soon. Hopefully they hold off a little longer.




The second round cakes are moving too, the brf ones are nearly done with 4 being fully colonized and 2 with a few small spots. They should be done in a few days. Look very similar to the first round of the C6 clone on the brf. But the bran have me curious, that bran did not compact down at all, looks like it might have potentially even expanded a tiny bit. The mycelium is running through it pretty good tho, not far behind the brf even though they had more ground to cover. But it’s the look of the colony that has me interested, it looks very robust, perhaps even more than the brf cakes that are already done. How this ends up looking once fruiting is a different story of course but one I’m excited to hear.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte] * 6
    #29676473 -

Got back from my trip and looked at my jars. All but 1 MSS is showing some growth!!!! Here is a couple I pulled out to look at. I used a single center hole for innoc.

Left MSS “Kamehameha” right two MSS “mutant South American”


Two practice cakes for fun


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: JoeTherapist] * 2
    #29676543 -

I think your practice cakes are ready :sporedrop: :rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #29676783 -

Looking good folks!
:anticipation:


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte] * 2
    #29676858 -

Pastywhyte said:
I think your practice cakes are ready :sporedrop: :rockon:




There are some spots that I was waiting to fill in that were not in the pictures. I am doing this for the first time in a very long time, so any feedback on when they are done is welcome. Pic #2 & #3 at the ones with some jar mushrooms.





--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: JoeTherapist] * 2
    #29676929 -

Made some full cake jars and some pucks, felt fun it reminded me of moon sand

The 2:1:1 ratio seemed to leave me a bit under field capacity and I tried to correct for that but it seemed to just get more wet-cement and wouldn’t give me any drips but rather just squeeze from my hand like a playdoh extruder, used the bit wetter stuff for 4/5 cakes, 1/5 cakes and all the pucks were strictly to the recipe



You can see the difference in texture



Got about 45 minutes left in the pc :yesnod:


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕲𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Tri] * 5
    #29676972 -

:priceclap:

I must say great work everybody! It makes me so happy to see my hard own work to pay off in this zany spinning competition!

Thanks flapping bird and Pasty for being at the forefront:)



--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Edited by Cakewonder (09/24/26 03:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Cakes are stalling! Help! Grower 1,597 11 05/07/01 07:55 PM
by BrownPastures
* abhorts on top of cake pleezr 987 2 01/14/02 03:43 PM
by pleezr
* Fucken with the cakes 2 (pic)
( 1 2 all )
Magash 3,065 22 10/31/02 09:22 PM
by Magash
* Re: a few questions about my cakes? Anonymous 786 2 12/05/99 02:58 PM
by Anonymous
* bluing cakes - please help! Mercuria 939 1 08/19/01 02:36 PM
by Lana
* transferring cakes...ideas? chunder 802 1 08/13/02 04:53 AM
by FanaTEK
* Re: Difference between cakes and harvest.
( 1 2 3 all )
lounge lizard 6,230 42 03/25/01 07:06 AM
by Anonymous
* cake disintegrated when picked up !! aenima 741 3 05/25/02 05:32 AM
by Iowa Rasta

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
5,666 topic views. 12 members, 86 guests and 92 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.