Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: Ralph W. Llama] * 1
    #29673523 -

Ralph W. Llama said:
I think of these experiences similar to athletic training and adventures. You lifted too much or fell while attempting a difficult ski run and got injured.

Recovery takes time and effort, but every PT I have worked with has been clear that continuing activity is key to healing and return to play. Other folks have said to back off dose size and keep practicing. This technique has been working for me for almost 40 years of psychedelic journeying.



I agree in relation to physical exercise. A true PTSD sufferer is not likely to benefit from exposure therapy until their brain has processed the trauma properly. I don't think OP is suffering from post traumatic stress DISORDER however, from the above description. I think they are having post traumatic stress.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: Northerner]
    #29673525 -

Northerner said:
Bardy said:
-Has trauma from doing too much of a drug
-Gets recommended to take more of that drug in combination with other drugs

:billymaythumbup:



It's a well researched and documented exposure therapy to face/run through the thing that terrifies you with trauma along with MDMA.

If OP is truly lost without his shrooms he might want to know that exists, give hime a thing to research for potential help.



Hmmm. I think the research you are referring to is with psychologist assisted MDMA and not just done on your own. That's quite a bit different.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: ellamush] * 1
    #29674029 -

tbone8352 said:
I apologize then, man. I misunderstood, or more likely fucked up my memory of your post. Sorry!



No dramas mate, we're all friends here.

ellamush said:
Northerner said:
Bardy said:
-Has trauma from doing too much of a drug
-Gets recommended to take more of that drug in combination with other drugs

:billymaythumbup:



It's a well researched and documented exposure therapy to face/run through the thing that terrifies you with trauma along with MDMA.

If OP is truly lost without his shrooms he might want to know that exists, give hime a thing to research for potential help.



Hmmm. I think the research you are referring to is with psychologist assisted MDMA and not just done on your own. That's quite a bit different.



Mushroom research has made the same the same therapeutic setting recommends for use too. We're allowed to research and self medicate imo.


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: MrCraggles9] * 1
    #29674118 -

Quote:
So I'd taken the dose of 7g and after four hours I thought it would be nice to spend longer tripping. I just wanted to remain in the same headspace but longer. So I read an article on this site about re-dosing and I followed the advice and ended up in a situation where reality broke down extremely rapidly.

Id say the advice with re-dosing should generally be DON'T DO IT when it comes to re-taking the original dose and adding a bit more on to get around tolerance. Tolerance really doesn't come on as quickly as a lot of us think!



So did you take 14g in total (7 + another 7 after four hours)? That would do it...

:notreadyforthis:

In that case I think just going back to your usual dose would do the job, with anxiety naturally reducing over time after one bad experience.

When re-dosing, I think the golden rule is not to take more in total than you would consider taking in one go.

I almost always re-dose because I'm eating commercially grown sclerotia where the potency is quite variable, and it's a lot of volume to eat in one go. I also prefer a trip that starts off a bit less abruptly and lasts longer. I split the dose 50/50 but the initial dose would be like a medium trip by itself - enough for some decent visuals but nothing too crazy.

It's sometimes described as "staged ascent" dosing, but re-dosing sometimes feels like an airstrike has been called in, or its hits you like a depth charge. I enjoy this feeling of the trip strengthening and changing character, but I wouldn't want to re-dose with the same amount as the initial dose if the trip was already strong to start with, to avoid the kind of scenario described in the initial post.

Usually I re-dose after either one hour or 90 minutes, depending on how strong the initial dose feels and when it reaches a plateau. I'd try and do it within 2 hours to avoid tolerance and get the most from the dose. I find it usually results in a trip where maybe 2 hours is coming up and having a fairly chill experience, 2 hours for the peak and the main part of the trip, and another 2 hours where I feel high and enjoy myself.

Re-dosing after 4 hours is a bit tricky because there will be tolerance but it's hard to say how much without experimenting. If you are growing your own shrooms then "wasting" them is much less of a concern.

Quote:
I think to extend the headspace I'll take 5g then an hour later another 1g then an hour after that another 2g. I've previously had incredible experiences doing that and stayed in the delicious peak for longer.



That sounds good. A bit of cautious experimentation to find a re-dosing technique that works is one thing, but doubling a dose that's already hefty to get around predicted tolerance is asking for trouble.

I've been surprised before by a lack of much tolerance where I was expecting it - the same thing can happen when you trip twice within 2/3 days and take more to counteract tolerance - it's easy to misjudge.


--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: Aldebaran]
    #29674129 -

Quote:
So did you take 14g in total (7 + another 7 after four hours)? That would do it...



:cigkiss:


--------------------
"Which of you to gain me, tell, will risk uncertain pains of hell?
I will not forgive you if you will not take the chance"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: Northerner]
    #29674391 -

Northerner said:
tbone8352 said:
I apologize then, man. I misunderstood, or more likely fucked up my memory of your post. Sorry!



No dramas mate, we're all friends here.

ellamush said:
Northerner said:
Bardy said:
-Has trauma from doing too much of a drug
-Gets recommended to take more of that drug in combination with other drugs

:billymaythumbup:



It's a well researched and documented exposure therapy to face/run through the thing that terrifies you with trauma along with MDMA.

If OP is truly lost without his shrooms he might want to know that exists, give hime a thing to research for potential help.



Hmmm. I think the research you are referring to is with psychologist assisted MDMA and not just done on your own. That's quite a bit different.



Mushroom research has made the same the same therapeutic setting recommends for use too. We're allowed to research and self medicate imo.



Yeah absolutely can self medicated
, I'm not against that.

But facing trauma directly without a good knowledge or back up can be dangerous. That's all I'm saying. For instance I went to a place which was the centre of my PTSD last year and tripped on acid and it was an absolute shit show. I didn't go in with intention to work through the trauma (at that point I didn't know that's what it was). But I'm just saying it can be dangerous


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: ellamush] * 1
    #29674393 -

Drugs



--------------------
"God is an intelligible sphere, whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere."

Llamando la Mareacion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: Bardy] * 1
    #29674457 -

Bardy said:
Drugs





Drugs? DRUGS?! On a forum about drugs?! Someone call the police!

:endorse:


--------------------
"Which of you to gain me, tell, will risk uncertain pains of hell?
I will not forgive you if you will not take the chance"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: islandsss] * 1
    #29674548 -

islandsss said:
Bardy said:
Drugs





Drugs? DRUGS?! On a forum about drugs?! Someone call the police!

:endorse:



:dumbass:

:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: islandsss] * 1
    #29674574 -

drugs are nature's hugs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: Belome] * 2
    #29674611 -

:mmmkay:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: islandsss] * 1
    #29674719 -

islandsss said:
Bardy said:
Drugs





Drugs? DRUGS?! On a forum about drugs?! Someone call the police!

:endorse:



this is going too far


--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: ellamush]
    #29674957 -

ellamush said:
Yeah absolutely can self medicated
, I'm not against that.

But facing trauma directly without a good knowledge or back up can be dangerous. That's all I'm saying. For instance I went to a place which was the centre of my PTSD last year and tripped on acid and it was an absolute shit show. I didn't go in with intention to work through the trauma (at that point I didn't know that's what it was). But I'm just saying it can be dangerous



More so with true psychedelics than empathogens, but absolutely. :thumbup:


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: Northerner]
    #29675099 -

Mmm I'm so keen tho for the medical research to come out about using this stuff for trauma. Then we can take some of that knowledge, do it in our own time with more understanding than just trial and error (although I would imagine any use of these kinds of drugs involve some kind of trial and error, even in a medical setting)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: ellamush]
    #29675188 -

They use MDMA in clinical settings with war veterans, the premise is exposure therapy.


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: Northerner]
    #29675201 -

Hm that's cool


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: ellamush] * 2
    #29675373 -

I came to realize that ego death and surrender isn’t an on/off or yes/no thing, but that there are different levels to it.

So you may, in one trip, successfully surrender to the experience and undergo ‘ego death’ because you were able to convince yourself, at that time, that you were not really going to die or nothing bad was going to happen.

But it is a very different thing, altogether, when one day you push things too far and suddenly realize (wrongly), one hundred percent, that you really are going to die!

That is much more difficult to surrender to and will produce terror and even psychosis and you’ll go through the deconstruction process kicking and screaming. That is the real ego death. That is the true surrender.

Take it from one who has experienced it himself, it can be a long road back from such a trauma but you can get back. It’s just going to need a lot of work.

Take a long rest for now, though, as you will need to heal after such an ordeal.


--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown


Edited by wolf8312 (09/22/26 03:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: wolf8312]
    #29677769 -

Trying to get drugged up people to listen to good advice can be really hard. Especially when you’ve got other drugged up people handing out what they think is good advice.

It’s possible to convince yourself that your advice to take more drugs to solve your drug problems has worked for you in the past, but it’s also possible that with more honest introspection you’ll find that your solution is actually a cycle.

At any particular moment in time the advice may seem pretty harmless, but from a distance, taking into view many cycles, you may see that it actually doesn’t solve any problems.

:maybe:

But fuck feeling bad or guilty about anything, let’s just get fucked up, then when we get ourselves into shit with drug addiction or drug induced PTSD we can just use more drugs to solve our problems!! Woo!! Then we’ll teach other people to repeat our mistakes. Fuck yeah boy, right on.

:partykid:


--------------------
"God is an intelligible sphere, whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere."

Llamando la Mareacion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: Bardy] * 1
    #29678083 -

When I have such high self esteem that I have to let "druggies" know that I'm better than them with a four paragraph rant.

:batlol:


--------------------
"Which of you to gain me, tell, will risk uncertain pains of hell?
I will not forgive you if you will not take the chance"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can't seem to enjoy tripping since an accidental ego death [Re: Bardy] * 3
    #29678230 -

Bardy said:
Trying to get drugged up people to listen to good advice can be really hard. Especially when you’ve got other drugged up people handing out what they think is good advice.

It’s possible to convince yourself that your advice to take more drugs to solve your drug problems has worked for you in the past, but it’s also possible that with more honest introspection you’ll find that your solution is actually a cycle.

At any particular moment in time the advice may seem pretty harmless, but from a distance, taking into view many cycles, you may see that it actually doesn’t solve any problems.

:maybe:

But fuck feeling bad or guilty about anything, let’s just get fucked up, then when we get ourselves into shit with drug addiction or drug induced PTSD we can just use more drugs to solve our problems!! Woo!! Then we’ll teach other people to repeat our mistakes. Fuck yeah boy, right on.

:partykid:



This is a psychedelic drug forum. The point was use responsibly. Psychedelic drugs are very special and very beneficial when used responsibly.


--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Ego Death from Mushrooms? shroom-girlie 3,401 7 03/24/01 12:35 PM
by 420shroomer
* ego death? great experience.. feedback pls :) _JJ_ 3,727 5 03/02/21 02:19 AM
by Happy333444
* a good trip report that illustrates ego death? Anonymous 2,889 3 06/19/14 05:01 AM
by psilocybinjunkie
* ego death
( 1 2 all )
OutkastSlug 5,155 23 06/29/05 03:45 PM
by Toddo
* Re: !!! EGO DEATH !!! Mitchnast 1,540 1 04/30/01 12:24 AM
by HB
* I THINK I Ruined My Life - Golden Teacher Trip
( 1 2 3 all )
ReefeRnShroomS 29,758 56 05/17/10 11:22 PM
by PsilocybinMike
* Re: how do i get back the first time tripping feeling? otto i love ta get blotto 3,037 10 05/14/01 03:30 PM
by geokills
* Help me rate my trip The_Greater_God 2,792 7 01/04/16 08:35 PM
by FruitOfLife

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
1,155 topic views. 2 members, 10 guests and 47 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.