Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: How are you? [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #29667461 -

Holy shit! That's intense. Good you turned out okay!


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #29667479 -

Thanks man!  Truly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #29667911 -

Mate, wow. That is awful. You are taking that really well. I'm glad you're pretty okay after that. Remember you are allowed to feel shitty and down after something like that! I admire your positive thoughts but just remember to take care of your feelings if you feel overwhelmed

Quick recovery!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: ellamush] * 1
    #29668033 -

Thanks for that, but my family really made all the difference.  They all showed up from Colorado, Montana, Idaho, and Washington.  It made me feel cared about in a new and very real way.  I am totally fine now.  My faith in the the whole chain of personnel from the people that cut me out of the car, to the helicopter pilot, to the hospital staff, to the surgeon's team, to the staff here is completely restored.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #29668540 -

When do you get to go back home?


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #29669647 -

Man that’s crazy. Glad you’re recovered for sure! Man that’s so sad about the person who died. Waiting to turn doing nothing wrong and then that’s it :frown:

Dang car accidents.
You said you were in an uber when it happened?


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #29670024 -

JonBongGroovy said:
When do you get to go back home?



The end of this week.  Yay!  I just had a post surgery follow up for my right foot.  The Dr. said everything looked really good.  They took out most of the stitches in my foot, and I got the post op boot yesterday.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #29670028 -

Mickalopagus said:
Man that’s crazy. Glad you’re recovered for sure! Man that’s so sad about the person who died. Waiting to turn doing nothing wrong and then that’s it :frown:

Dang car accidents.
You said you were in an uber when it happened?



No, a rental car.  My car had bumper damage so I took it to a body shop and dropped it off.  I got an Uber to get to the Rental car place.

I know right.  I feel bad for the other driver too. 

Should I reach out to the other family at all and express my condolences?  I've never really been involved in anything like this.

Its true.  It just reminded me of how quick something like this can happen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #29672463 -

Glad you're well.

I think if you yourself feel that you want to reach it, do it. You weren't at fault and it's a kind gesture.

Generally though I would say they probably are grieving


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: ellamush] * 1
    #29673398 -

I have just realised I have basically worked full time or full time study most of my life, despite being convinced I have been lazy and only ever managed part time.

The times I have been part time is only 4 years out of 13  years of working, other times I have been full time study plus part time work (so actually doing more than full time). The 4 years I've been part time I've had chronic fatigue and/or PTSD.

So actually. I'm gonna be nicer to myself.
The self-doubt and low self esteem is fucking unreal.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: ellamush]
    #29673400 -

So I'm doing okay but I'm a bit sad that it took me so long to realise.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: ellamush]
    #29673405 -

How has work been? Are you glad to be back at it after so long off?


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: ellamush] * 1
    #29673495 -

Yes it's good. And yes I'm so glad.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: ellamush] * 1
    #29674251 -

My dad died this morning.

He had a long battle with dementia so I have mixed emotions, like that shit is finally over for him, but he's also gone. He seriously tested positive for covid like 6 times in the nursing home, he was one the first people in Canada to get vaxxed because of the high risk age group he was in. This wasn't covid, just he was 89 and the fight was over.

How am I? I don't know. Really glad that call came when i was at work instead of some night when i was tripping balls.

If I ever get dementia diagnosis I will end things myself. My dad didnt know who anyone was anymore.

I didnt read rest of thread hoping i'm not bring down some happy thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: Mysterio] * 1
    #29674254 -

Damn sorry to hear that Mysterio.
:hug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: Mysterio] * 1
    #29674406 -

Mysterio said:
My dad died this morning.

He had a long battle with dementia so I have mixed emotions, like that shit is finally over for him, but he's also gone. He seriously tested positive for covid like 6 times in the nursing home, he was one the first people in Canada to get vaxxed because of the high risk age group he was in. This wasn't covid, just he was 89 and the fight was over.

How am I? I don't know. Really glad that call came when i was at work instead of some night when i was tripping balls.

If I ever get dementia diagnosis I will end things myself. My dad didnt know who anyone was anymore.

I didnt read rest of thread hoping i'm not bring down some happy thread.



Sorry for your loss :hug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: feevers]
    #29681016 -

I am doing well considering; however, I am getting tired of my hours being cut back, as I only got 30 over the last two weeks. I am looking for other work and have an interview Wednesday, though I probably will not take the job if I have to travel around the island. It's cleaning boats. I'd enjoy working outside... maybe. :lol:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #29681017 -

"How are you..."

Good 👍

Edited by langten69 (09/29/26 12:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29686220 -

I'm feeling optimistic about my job hunting; this staffing agency should be giving me a call tomorrow about the boat cleaning position. I've applied to a janitorial position at a hospital and a warehouse associate job preparing orders for shipment.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How are you? [Re: JonBongGroovy] * 1
    #29689800 -

JonBongGroovy said:
I'm feeling optimistic about my job hunting; this staffing agency should be giving me a call tomorrow about the boat cleaning position. I've applied to a janitorial position at a hospital and a warehouse associate job preparing orders for shipment.



Kick ass man


I'm doing good I am enjoying my job. I have really noticed that all the horrible stuff and all the hard work I put in my 20s and 30s has paid off and I'm actually doing okay. I feel bad for how I ended some of my friendships last year and I feel also that it was the necessary step to take. I have brilliant friends and family and I live in the lucky country. I pretty much work at a charity right now (I wish I could say where because it's a great place to work but I'm not keen to dox me or them). Anyway I'm good.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Germany's Merck halts supply of cancer drug to Greek hospitals
( 1 2 all )
x7x_x7x 2,679 30 11/04/12 10:12 PM
by LiquidSmoke
* Any dementia or craziness prone in your family? Razzl3Frazzl3 843 12 07/08/10 01:45 PM
by Razzl3Frazzl3
* Just got back from the mental health hospital danlennon3 568 9 11/23/09 05:55 PM
by deCypher
* Dementia/forgetfulness Anonymous 251 2 01/29/14 07:56 PM
by Anonymous
* Hospital, meds...hard decisions.
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,660 33 04/04/06 01:56 PM
by cybrbeast
* Fucked up hospital experience *Updated* Should I sue??? Bi0TeK 2,040 15 03/19/04 11:07 PM
by Bi0TeK
* Allergic to Hospital Smell? downforpot 2,238 1 11/04/04 05:08 PM
by HeavyToilet
* Dream about birth and death in hospital EternalCowabunga 560 0 07/08/07 07:56 AM
by EternalCowabunga

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
698 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.