Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinex7x_x7x
x7x, my problem child.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: buenos aires Flag
Germany's Merck halts supply of cancer drug to Greek hospitals
    #17154081 - 11/03/12 03:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/03/us-greece-drugs-idUSBRE8A205Z20121103

Reuters) - German pharmaceuticals firm Merck KGaA is no longer delivering cancer drug Erbitux to Greek hospitals, a spokesman said on Saturday, the latest sign of how an economic and budget crisis is hurting frontline public services.

Drugmakers raised concerns with EU leaders earlier this year over supplies to the euro zone's crisis-hit southern half and Germany's Biotest in June was the first to stop shipments to Greece because of unpaid bills.

Publicly-owned hospitals in some countries worst hit by the euro zone debt crisis had been struggling to pay their bills, Merck's chief financial officer, Matthias Zachert, was quoted as saying by German paper Boersen-Zeitung in an interview on Saturday.

He said however that the only country where Merck had stopped deliveries was Greece.

"It only affects Greece, where we have been faced with many problems. It's just the one product," he told the paper.

A spokesman for the company told Reuters that the drug concerned was Erbitux and that ordinary Greeks can still purchase it from pharmacies.

Some countries have taken action to pay bills, such as in Spain, where the government has said it will help hospitals to pay off debts.

"That has improved things, even though the situation should still be regarded as critical for the coming years," Zachert said.

Erbitux is Merck's second best-selling prescription drug, bringing in sales of 855 million euros ($1.1 billion) in 2011 from treating bowel cancer and head and neck cancer. ($1 = 0.7785 euros)

(Reporting by Frank Siebelt and Victoria Bryan; editing by Patrick Graham)

--------------------
cultivando en la miseria

SuctoSpore® Pictorial Tek

x7x_x7x@shroomery.org

carl_jung_in_lsd@yahoo.com

koh samui and oak ridge are my favourite strains

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Germany's Merck halts supply of cancer drug to Greek hospitals [Re: x7x_x7x]
    #17154419 - 11/03/12 04:26 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Oh no, the greeks will have to go without a chemotherapy that kills more than it saves.

http://www.naturalnews.com/033847_chemotherapy_cancer_treatments.html

Goodness me, maybe the greeks will turn to horrid evil terrorism such as cannabis or sodium bicarbonate, or the raymond rife resonator (which a team in south korea have "recently discovered" http://naturalsociety.com/scientists-successfully-kill-cancer-magnets/) or numerous other forms of medicine that actually work, rather than the rockerfeller allopathic medicine.

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: Germany's Merck halts supply of cancer drug to Greek hospitals [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #17155315 - 11/03/12 07:20 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
Oh no, the greeks will have to go without a chemotherapy that kills more than it saves.

Goodness me, maybe the greeks will turn to horrid evil terrorism such as cannabis or sodium bicarbonate, or the raymond rife resonator (which a team in south korea have "recently discovered" http://naturalsociety.com/scientists-successfully-kill-cancer-magnets/) or numerous other forms of medicine that actually work, rather than the rockerfeller allopathic medicine.

That article is an utterly grotesque presentation of lies and misinformation.

Did you even bother to notice that half the sources referred to by that writer are blogs and message board posts?

I'm embarrassed for you for citing it in support of your stance.  What a disgrace.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Edited by LiquidSmoke (11/03/12 08:01 PM)

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Germany's Merck halts supply of cancer drug to Greek hospitals [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #17158506 - 11/04/12 10:02 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Quote:

Visionary Tools said:

Did you even bother to notice that half the sources referred to by that writer are blogs and message board posts?

I'm embarrassed for you for citing it in support of your stance.  What a disgrace.

His sources aside, CHEMO is pretty bad.  It will only ever lengthen your life, never cure you.  And it shortens the life of many.

Cannabis is the cure...

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Germany's Merck halts supply of cancer drug to Greek hospitals [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #17159474 - 11/04/12 01:06 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Quote:

Visionary Tools said:

Yeah. I'm happy citing this. Even if a barely coherant tramp told me that: "chemo (poison) and radio (burn) therapy were bad for you, 'scuse us boss but could you spare some change?" I'd cite them.

I think it's one of those techniques I learned from the BBC. You say something you believe in, like: "Radiation causes cancer, radiotherapy uses radiation to burn out the cancer." then you turn to your "expert" and say: "Isn't that right expert?" Then they agree with you, going into the details of why say, chemotherapy is bad for you, linking to say, forms of chemotherapy that work but are less bad, like cannabis, or b17, or even vitamin C" and then you could even consult another expert, preface a bit on nutrition, then that expert could go onto say:

"Yes it's been found that garlic, tumeric, ginger and cannabis have anti-cancer properties and should be included in the diet to safeguard against the likelyhood of developing a malignant tumour later on in life."

And then, that makes one person seem a lot more credible. Because it's no longer one person, it's a bunch of them. In time, the person that coordinates these experts looks credible themselves for their ability to get the pertinent person into the council.

And, cos people ask for sources. I'm happy to share stuff I've already read. I can always learn from their insights, if they choose to share them.

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Germany's Merck halts supply of cancer drug to Greek hospitals [Re: Cannashroom]
    #17160573 - 11/04/12 04:22 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cannashroom said:
It will only ever lengthen your life, never cure you.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Germany's Merck halts supply of cancer drug to Greek hospitals [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #17160599 - 11/04/12 04:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:

linking to say, forms of chemotherapy that work but are less bad, like cannabis, or b17, or even vitamin C" and then you could even consult another expert

Vitamin B17 aka Laetrile has never been proven to treat cancer under real scientific studies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7033783

"One hundred seventy-eight patients with cancer were treated with amygdalin (Laetrile) plus a "metabolic therapy" program consisting of diet, enzymes, and vitamins. The great majority of these patients were in good general condition before treatment. None was totally disabled or in preterminal condition. One third had not received any previous chemotherapy. The pharmaceutical preparations of amygdalin, the dosage, and the schedule were representative of past and present Laetrile practice. No substantive benefit was observed in terms of cure, improvement or stabilization of cancer, improvement of symptoms related to cancer, or extension of life span. The hazards of amygdalin therapy were evidenced in several patients by symptoms of cyanide toxicity or by blood cyanide levels approaching the lethal range. Patients exposed to this agent should be instructed about the danger of cyanide poisoning, and their blood cyanide levels should be carefully monitored. Amygdalin (Laetrile) is a toxic drug that is not effective as a cancer treatment."

If you're promoting medications like this, and saying "they work" and are better than standard treatments, I have to question your credibility and motives on this topic.

--------------------

Edited by LiquidSmoke (11/04/12 04:42 PM)

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #17161309 - 11/04/12 06:10 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Quote:

Cannashroom said:
It will only ever lengthen your life, never cure you.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Haha, and you do?  I work as a research scientist in a Cancer research Centre.

Chemotherapy damages DNA and causes SECONDARY CANCERS and hence can never be a cure.  People go into remission, but they never escape using chemo (maybe a tiny fraction do).  It may take 5, 10, 20 years, but the cancer comes back.  This is because chemo doesn't address the body environment causing cancer.  There is a dynamic interaction of mutated genes, epigenetic changes and communations with the extra-cellular matrix.  Our reductionist methods have failed terribly, and it is time for a holistic systems-biology approach to treatment.  Something that takes into account both the cause and result, from molecule to ecosystem.  Chemo creates cancer in the enviroment in its production.  Cannabis heals in its production.

Cannabis is True Medicine.  Chemo is there to take all your money before you die.  And if you do survive, ensure you have more cancer in the future.

I am giving a lecture on Nov. 30 to my fellow researchers on how cannabis can cure cancer and is far superior to current treatments.

Cannabis is an anti-oxidant and protects DNA.  It kills Cancer cells and cures all the side effects (Pain, Depression, Anxiety, Cachexia, Nausea, Insomnia, etc).

Oh and its production will heal our planet at the same time.

Nature has it all figured out.  We just need to follow her lead.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Edited by Cannashroom (11/04/12 06:16 PM)

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Germany's Merck halts supply of cancer drug to Greek hospitals [Re: Cannashroom]
    #17161608 - 11/04/12 06:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cannashroom said:

Haha, and you do?  I work as a research scientist in a Cancer research Centre.

Chemotherapy damages DNA and causes SECONDARY CANCERS and hence can never be a cure. 

If you think all chemotherapy works by that described mechanism, then YES, you have NO idea what you're talking about.

Not even CLOSE.

I am in pretty large doubt of your self proclaimed credentials or knowledge about the various cellular mechanisms of chemotherapy.

--------------------

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#17161966 - 11/04/12 08:08 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

And what are your credentials smoke. Dat interwebz MD

:trollhide:

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Germany's Merck halts supply of cancer drug to Greek hospitals [Re: elax420]
    #17162029 - 11/04/12 08:20 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

What's an interwebz MD?

--------------------

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#17162042 - 11/04/12 08:22 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Exactly what it sounds like. You pretend to know what your talking about concerning medicine even though you have never had any medical training.

INB4 I'm an EMT/CNA

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Germany's Merck halts supply of cancer drug to Greek hospitals [Re: elax420]
    #17162060 - 11/04/12 08:24 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elax420 said:
Exactly what it sounds like. You pretend to know what your talking about concerning medicine even though you have never had any medical training.

INB4 I'm an EMT/CNA

So would a real medical doctor's opinion hold more weight in this discussion?  Is that what you're saying?

--------------------

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#17162087 - 11/04/12 08:28 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Quote:

elax420 said:

INB4 I'm an EMT/CNA

So would a medical doctor's opinion hold more weight in this discussion?  Is that what you're saying?

Yes I would say a guy who has  a minimum of 12 years of education on the issue would hold more weight in an argument than a bro who read some shit on the internet.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#17162098 - 11/04/12 08:30 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

What is it specifically about a doctor's training that makes you so confident that their opinion would matter so much more to you?

--------------------

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#17162112 - 11/04/12 08:32 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
What is it specifically about a doctor's training that makes you so confident that their opinion would matter so much more to you?

What is it about your ego that leads you to believe you know more about medicine than someone that has dedicated their life to researching it?

lemme guess to bad of grades and test scores for medschool?

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#17162116 - 11/04/12 08:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

So you really think doctors are that smart?  How smart do you honestly think they are?

--------------------

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#17162144 - 11/04/12 08:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
So you really think doctors are that smart?  How smart do you honestly think they are?

No I don't think they are that smart never said that. I said they know more than a layman, and that my ego isn't so massive that I disregard their advice due to some shit I read webmd. Not saying their aren't bad doctors, but i will take a bad doctors advice over some bro with an internet MD anyday.

Normally when people are so hostile towards doctors and think they know more than them, they are mad they didn't get accepted to medschool.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#17162200 - 11/04/12 08:54 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

So you honestly think it takes intellect to become a real medical doctor?

--------------------

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#17162229 - 11/04/12 08:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
So you honestly think it takes intellect to become a real medical doctor?

Not necessarily but it helps and you at least have to be smart enough to play the game.

Confirmed for butthurt medschool applicant reject.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#17162247 - 11/04/12 09:02 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Why do you think doctors need to be smart?  Sounds like a load of elitist bullshit.

--------------------

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#17162356 - 11/04/12 09:19 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Why do you think doctors need to be smart?  Sounds like a load of elitist bullshit.

I wasn't going to reply cuz i felt bad about making fun of you for getting rejected for med school but you asked for it.

What leads you to believe they aren't? because they denied your super genius self from their school? Maybe if you woulda spent more time studying and proving that you were dedicated to the pursuit of medicine they would've accepted you bro.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#17162413 - 11/04/12 09:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You didn't even answer the question,

Again I'll ask, why do you think doctors need to be smart?

--------------------

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#17162425 - 11/04/12 09:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
You didn't even answer the question,

Again I'll ask, why do you think doctors need to be smart?

I didn't answer because its fucking retarded. Answer yours.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#17162469 - 11/04/12 09:40 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

That's what I thought, you have NO answer.  As to why doctors need to be smart.  Just proves how empty your point is.

--------------------

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#17162507 - 11/04/12 09:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

What? Ya getting a high GPA with on a path that requires a heavy science/ mathematics background and scoring well on the MCAT is easy.

Then why didn't you get accepted?

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#17162520 - 11/04/12 09:50 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah that doesn't even answer the question.

What is it about doctors that makes you think they're smart?

--------------------

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#17162542 - 11/04/12 09:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

That they got a high GPA and high MCAT score and got into a highly competitive school.

Now answer yours.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#17162593 - 11/04/12 10:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

That question doesn't apply to me.

--------------------

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#17162603 - 11/04/12 10:06 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Suuuuure it doesn't.

Dodged it so ill restate.

Why do you think doctors don't need to be smart

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#17162630 - 11/04/12 10:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elax420 said:
Suuuuure it doesn't.

Ask around.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals