Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: flapping_bird] * 1
    #29611018 -

The 16 qt. "bootboxes" have been working for me for PF tek cake water tubs. They're a few inches taller than shoeboxes, and large enough to fit 4 or so cakes. Depending on your climate you may need to unsnap the lid or even drill holes, but the size suits cakes well.

Shoeboxes can work well for jam jar cakes, 1/4 - 1/2 as tall as normal PF cakes. Obviously those won't yield much, but they're good for making prints.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: callmehippie] * 2
    #29630954 -

Back in business, journal's in my sig and also HERE


-Kingboomer


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: kingboomer] * 1
    #29631535 -

Hell ya.  I love boomer.  Thanks for keeping the thread alive and moving the hobby forward.:yourock:


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29631581 -

I've made some Coir PF tek cakes because I had some spare room in the presto and a bunch of 350ish ml pp5 containers that I never used.

I do have some LC going, although I need to test it. Meanwhile, I do have quite a few spore prints that I would like to try out, although part of me realizes I might as well just swab it on agar, then make a blenderless LI.

How many of you still use PF Tek with spore syringes? Seems like a good way to get varied genepool from the get go, but I don't want to fuck around too much with contam prone methods.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: Huskies] * 1
    #29631583 -

Hell ya huskies.  Thats sweet dude. 


I pretty much only use mss.

Its def a double edged sword.  But how clean  and or  where you source your spores makes a big difference.


So far the the first two cake wars were mss I belive.  So there's that.



Now that's not to say I haven't used other mediums but I've definitely done it off and I just stick to the original method anytime I go back to PF for Nostalgia reasons and what you said getting very genetics and stuff is pretty cool.

Ice had a cake pop up reverts albinos and just regular looking cubes all in one go.


I see if i can find a pic to post.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: callmehippie] * 3
    #29631593 -

^ Alrighty, you got me! I'll do some MS (and take a swab as well just in case).

I have some prints I never used from an Enigma like Husky mutant that would sometimes still output regular sporing fruits.

I think the one I have would be from these. The coloring is paler and browner than usual.



I'll see how I feel about cake wars, I don't even get vermiculite anymore nor standard half pints.

I really liked just using pure coir cakes. Got best results for cakes, although it had been a while. These were APE on Oatmeal Flour (grinded oatmeal because of fucking pantry moths). Gotta say, mycelium seemed to gobble that up.






There was some insane stuff I did, I ended up cloning what I thought was a plin from my swab plate, but it was instead a popcorn like blob. This PE x Ghost cross ended up being a fail because it kept outputting stuff like this.





But they did look amazing while growing.



--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29631623 -

Crazy fairy circles in those last pics.

Thats really cool.

All of those look crazy. 

Very nice. 


Also.  I love your enthusiasm. Its intoxicating.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: callmehippie]
    #29631631 -

<3 thank you all around!


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: callmehippie] * 3
    #29654916 -

Gonna wake this thread back up.

Oak Ridge:


PE-U:


ICBM:




13 days in, some were fat thumbed when I noced em up.  Details in my sig.


-Kingboomer


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: kingboomer] * 1
    #29654990 -

Hell ya. 
:yourock:

I been waiting for this from you.    Riddled in the anticipation since you last few post mentioning your current pf endeavors.

Can't wait to see some results baby!:rockon:


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29655052 -

callmehippie said:
Hell ya. 
:yourock:

I been waiting for this from you.    Riddled in the anticipation since you last few post mentioning your current pf endeavors.

Can't wait to see some results baby!:rockon:




Yeah should be another week or two before I birth em, that PE-U has some catching up to do.


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: kingboomer] * 2
    #29681850 -

Howdy,

Following the Updated PF Tek Guide, I knocked up 20 cakes with a MSS on 9/3 in a SAB. Temps have been between 70-75°F. 6500K bulb on a 12/12 cycle, etc.

As of today, they look 100% colonized and my plan is to wait a week for full consolidation. It's difficult to tell in the pictures but some of the dry verm layer has fallen down (especially in the pics with the 2 massive pins). I've been reading How it should & shouldn't look and Clean spawn checklist for the new grower but want to get some feedback on how they're looking.








There's some invitro pinning which, according to Fahtster in this thread, could indicate bacterial if the jars aren't fully colonized but mine are complete so I don't think this is the case. My invitro pinning indicates the 100% colonization, I suppose.

Thoughts? Perhaps I'm over thinking LOL

Thanks!


--------------------
Just read it, dammit: The Hitchhiker's Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: The Door] * 1
    #29681866 -

For sure those jars look great. And if they are pinning  when they look like that. is absolutely normal.

You prolly just got a fast growing genetic going on there most likely.

I mean sure the ladder can be possible.fahts a legend around here. And really knows his shit.

But yeah you should be able to notice something bad going on for the most part if it were  growing fast from trying to get away from something unwanted.

Only time can tell 


You could proceed with birthing and dunking those. Just pick off those pins and eat them if you'd like.

If you find any more on any of the other cakes and they're small enough it's also okay to leave them attached for the dunk..

if they make it through the dunk they could continue on with their growth and at a fast rate.

If they don't make it through the dunk then don't worry about it.

Others like to just pick and eat them on the spot.

You're definitely on the right track. Good job and keep up the good work. Can't wait to see your results!

:rockon::hatsoff:


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29682247 -

callmehippie said:
For sure those jars look great. And if they are pinning when they look like that. is absolutely normal.



Right on. Appreciate the wisdom and reassurance man.

Cheers!


--------------------
Just read it, dammit: The Hitchhiker's Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: The Door] * 5
    #29682534 -

Oh fuck I've been slacking over here!

Random pics:







All these are from the recipe in my signature, last two are for cake wars.


-Kingboomer


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: kingboomer]
    #29682770 -

kingboomer said:





Those are some beauties. What are they?


--------------------
Just read it, dammit: The Hitchhiker's Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: The Door] * 1
    #29682772 -

The Door said:
kingboomer said:





Those are some beauties. What are they?




Oak Ridge.  The rest of the cakes looked butt ugly lol.


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official PF TEK cultivation thread [Re: The Door] * 4
    #29684270 -

The Door said:
Howdy,

Following the Updated PF Tek Guide, I knocked up 20 cakes with a MSS on 9/3 in a SAB. Temps have been between 70-75°F. 6500K bulb on a 12/12 cycle, etc.

As of today, they look 100% colonized and my plan is to wait a week for full consolidation. It's difficult to tell in the pictures but some of the dry verm layer has fallen down (especially in the pics with the 2 massive pins). I've been reading How it should & shouldn't look and Clean spawn checklist for the new grower but want to get some feedback on how they're looking.








There's some invitro pinning which, according to Fahtster in this thread, could indicate bacterial if the jars aren't fully colonized but mine are complete so I don't think this is the case. My invitro pinning indicates the 100% colonization, I suppose.

Thoughts? Perhaps I'm over thinking LOL

Thanks!



Yeah, thats if they’re pinning before the cake has finish colonizing.  I actually wait til at least knotting happens invitro before birthing them.  That way you know they’re gonna fruit right away and they’ll have the most amount of water available (as long as you dunk them after birthing).  If you birth them before knots/pins, it could be a week before they start pinning and they’ve sat drying out while you wait for pins.

I agree, your jars look fine.  Fruit those suckers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* PF-Tek or Rye grain
( 1 2 all )
DrD525 12,525 20 10/17/25 12:49 AM
by oktopus
* Pf-tek question FuNgUsMaN420 3,300 17 12/18/02 06:59 AM
by debianlinux
* Tupperware PF tek containers and other annoying newbie Q`s trev 2,917 9 04/07/03 10:46 AM
by trev
* PF Tek is shitty
( 1 2 all )
igore 5,096 21 07/10/03 09:50 PM
by Anonymous
* Ambiguous point in the PF tek Chibboleth 1,001 5 01/08/03 04:24 AM
by dog
* first timer, myco bags or reg PF Tek method?? gonzosthompson 3,385 4 10/08/02 06:09 PM
by Audi0
* First PF Tek Dancing Iceman 2,294 4 10/16/02 10:39 AM
by Bilge
* PF- Tek for Dummies
( 1 2 all )
AnnoA 7,425 21 01/05/02 10:51 PM
by World Spirit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
5,115 topic views. 24 members, 160 guests and 176 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 15 queries.