Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegonzosthompson
Stranger
first timer, myco bags or reg PF Tek method??
    #943199 - 10/08/02 02:48 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

hi, i want to grow mushrooms. ive read pretty much all there is to find on the subject (not ness. understanding it all, mind you) and im curious what recommendations you more advanced growers may have for a first timer like me. originally i was planing on purchasing multiple myco bags and using the method described here by jalfonso : http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=935854&Forum=All_Forums&Words=myco%20bag&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=823675&Search=true#Post935854

then i noticed the amount of people on this board who believe such products are a waste of money and are not likely to work..
i am worried about buying these bags and not having them work or having them work but getting a small yield which is not worth the money and effort put into them. so i ask you, experienced growers, what is the better choice overall, myco bags or the traditional PF Tek? I am also open to any other possibilities, im probably looking to spend no more that 150-200 dollars overall. any advice would be greatly appreciated..i am looking for high yields and least complicated method.
thanks
gonzo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: first timer, myco bags or reg PF Tek method?? [Re: gonzosthompson]
    #943223 - 10/08/02 02:55 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If you can get your hands on the supplies and donate the time make your own jars. I bought the bags because I live in a dorm room, no pots, pans, stove, room, and most of all, I don't have the time to make my own. Jars are a lot cheaper, and I prefer them, but I just can't make any right now. If you want higher yields, use whole grains.

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: first timer, myco bags or reg PF Tek method?? [Re: daussaulit]
    #943407 - 10/08/02 03:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Alright Go spend 65.00 on a presto 17 quart pressure cooker from wallmart. Get the 1 quart widemouth jars there about 9.00. Get 2 31 gallon sterilite storage containers For 6.00. Get some jb weld for 4.00.Get some heavy duty rubber dishwashing gloves for 3.00.Get sylicone putty for 3.00.Get a thermometer for 3 bucks.Go to a pet store and get a 50 watt aquarium heater for 12.00. Buy plastic lids and millet off of One of the adds on the shroomery forums For about 10 bucks.Thats 130.00$ and all you need to get started. The second part;A fruiting chamber can be any sealed container. You need vermaculite, peat,perlite,compact floro bulb,Light socket,lysol,alchohol,some trays,spray bottle,Oh yea and 2 syringes. There ya go you have a decent grow For 200.oo bucks or less

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: first timer, myco bags or reg PF Tek method?? [Re: resin]
    #943501 - 10/08/02 04:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

if your using jars, and the  PF  tek then u can steam sterilize the jars and cut the pressure cooker off the list.  U have to buy jars but for the most part u can find alot of what u need at your house.  That is unless u want to really get into it (cultivation) in that case you'll need alot more  :wink:  My first venture was under $50 investment and the greatest learning experience!  PF is the tek for beginners, but now with the bags...  U can buy your own filter patch bags and substrate to put in them for relatively cheap, but then you would need the pressure cooker
Welcome to the club  :grin:

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Edited by Cow Shit Collector (10/08/02 04:44 PM)

OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
Re: first timer, myco bags or reg PF Tek method?? [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #943757 - 10/08/02 06:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

the bags really yield much fruit, about 20-40 wet grams, but u can use them spawm bulk substrate such as sterilized horse poo if that is possible for you and the amount u harvest will more than double. all in all i think that bags and other "kits" are a waste of money, the bags do work very good however and if u cant make ur own jars then u should go with them.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates