Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2106 | 2107 | 2108 | 2109 | 2110 | 2111 | 2112 | 2113 | 2114 | 2115 | 2116 | 2117 | 2118 | 2119 | 2120 | 2121 | 2122 | 2123 | 2124 | 2125 | 2126 | | Last >
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Nate em All] * 3
    #29614640 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: gulis] * 3
    #29614649 -

My first pan grow BVI. Nothing spectacular but will try to improve in future. Entering in rabbit hole🫡

Edited by maimunji (07/01/26 06:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: maimunji] * 1
    #29614693 -

Better use a container with low edges

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Noah Keeper]
    #29614924 -

Trays?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: maimunji] * 1
    #29615016 -

Whaddup folks, checked on the tubs this morning, thought I saw the bright white dribbles starting, nope it's primordia, wheeew... I wasn't expecting it since it's a very low spawn ratio, meant to go 1/4, it's more like almost 1/6, but colonized and a few pins in 7 days, I like her already.  I'm pasteurizing casing as I type this, nothing special, 50/50 with some oyster shell flour, I keep it simple... and effective.  The 3rd tub is 1/3 and is ready too since higher spawn rate, and the two 6 quarts are 1/4 ratio and will need casing probably tonight or tomorrow, I'll check those thoroughly later today, those are 5 days complete on day 6.  I may just case them all and get ER' Done. 

I'll get up some early pin shots pre casing... AND... Post.  Nice Tubs Nichrome, still getting an abundance of fruits and print to play with.  Nice Work, I enjoyed the cracked caps like you see outdoors in high air environments, or a ton of air at the end of the cycle.  I'm working with shoeboxes, a tester bag, and my OG Mono Tub that is probably 15 years old, she's been through it with me.  I get attached to things that remind me of my youth, no spring chicken these days.  All the best... of luck to you and your projects... stay away MEAN Green Machine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: SawCeeJack]
    #29615017 -

SawCeeJack said:
PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
It's probably not a good sign if it's taking that long.

I haven't done Pans in PF Tek yet, but grains colonize in 5-15 days. I would imagine a healthy PF Tek running Pans would be close to the same amount of time.



I think you’re wrong… I have pan cakes that are just about done, but took 2 1/2 months to get there.  They look healthy just slow.  I’ll let you know if they smell like an old lady’s crotch when I open them.  With pics.



You give me hope, friend. The mycelium is still spreading, so fingers crossed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: maimunji] * 1
    #29615149 -

Yes, call it whatever you want. The container you use for the substrate should be filled almost to the top; otherwise, proper gas exchange is impossible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Noah Keeper] * 3
    #29615282 -

Whaddup tub growers, a few pins surprised me today, always nice to see something happening, but I forgot how fast these babies are, a couple peace river pins before a thin casing.  Day 7 on this tub, but primordia happens 5-6 days from spawn.  Damn tub snuck up on me, the others are cased at the 5-6 day mark, I guess I was a bit late on this one.  Won't matter, casing needed for my dry area, or I would have attempted a no case cycle pinning so quickly.  The original culture was nowhere near the speed of my selections, we shall see.  I went tub crazy with these two cultures, LETS GO!!


Edited by MushLuvR77 (07/01/26 09:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Noah Keeper]
    #29615402 -

Ok i will try. They are in unmodded tub. I still experimenting to know if spawn are clean, nutrient ratios ,proper pasteurization and high summer heat. This tub was bucket tek so good to take few fruits. I will try to improve slowly coz this pan game are new to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: maimunji] * 3
    #29615498 -

I think this is tropicalis in situ btw.

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/239377003

And that most of the tropicalis prints going around are a cyan from Florida.



Because this is the same phenotype I grew last Summer :lmafo:

Anyway, I think I managed to track it down.  But I've thought that before.  It's on its way and we will see!

Assuming it clears customs and all of that.


--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: tree frog] * 7
    #29615499 -



Pan India brf cake buried under coir and plants.  No added nitrogen.


--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: tree frog]
    #29615506 -

:takingnotes::rockon:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: tree frog]
    #29615573 -

tree frog said:


Pan India brf cake buried under coir and plants.  No added nitrogen.



I see a decapitated stipe, you grabbing spores or did something munch on that bad boy.  Damn slugs hit my psilocybe cyan bed when populations were higher here when I first moved in.  Nobody was doing anything previously, huge black widow infestation, yellow jackets, one morning I woke up early and it was a snail party on my lawn.  I still fight the wasps here and there, but nothing like before.  Good times with outdoor variables, shit (reminded me) I need to get some woodchips for these wood chompers. Yup, wavy caps can grow in the valley.  :headbanger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29615599 -

I think rain maybe got it.  Had a big storm last night.  It's inside a laundry tote with holes drilled for drainage.  Layer of perlite on the bottom.  Then CV, cake, more CV and plants on top.



Built it a few years ago for maitakr blocks.


--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: tree frog]
    #29615615 -

tree frog said:
I think rain maybe got it.  Had a big storm last night.  It's inside a laundry tote with holes drilled for drainage.  Layer of perlite on the bottom.  Then CV, cake, more CV and plants on top.



Built it a few years ago for maitakr blocks.


Who was it Arathu (Topia) I think was using garbage cans or barrels for Maitake, I believe Yoshi was playing with garbage cans as well.  I was just mentioning over at the edible thread that Maitake is my Nemesis.  I even sterilized oak blocks years ago for chicken of the woods, just didn't happen.  OH, the woes of the things we grow. I didn't expect anything, so the thrill was still worth the effort.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: MushLuvR77] * 6
    #29615647 -



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: MushLuvR77] * 4
    #29615690 -

MushLuvR77 said:
tree frog said:
I think rain maybe got it.  Had a big storm last night.  It's inside a laundry tote with holes drilled for drainage.  Layer of perlite on the bottom.  Then CV, cake, more CV and plants on top.



Built it a few years ago for maitakr blocks.


Who was it Arathu (Topia) I think was using garbage cans or barrels for Maitake, I believe Yoshi was playing with garbage cans as well.  I was just mentioning over at the edible thread that Maitake is my Nemesis.  I even sterilized oak blocks years ago for chicken of the woods, just didn't happen.  OH, the woes of the things we grow. I didn't expect anything, so the thrill was still worth the effort.



I don't remember who but I did crib it off somebody from topia.  This is their build.

The laundry totes I got at Walmart for maybe $5 each.  And Yoshi's trash cans as you mentioned do well even in dry climates.  I'm sure I could get away with fabric pots here.

Anyway, I buried three maitake blocks early COVID.  It took them a year to start producing, but they produced one flush a year for three years.





--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Edited by tree frog (07/02/26 12:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: tree frog]
    #29616228 -

This is my tub that I modified to add a fogger with inkbird controller and cracked the lid open for a lot more fae.

Also got a fan in the room pointing at a wall near the tub working for 2 minutes per 10 minutes



Any idea why a lot of my pins are becoming blue? Only reason I can think of is too high humidity so water stays on the cap?  Had it set to 96% humidity with a 4% differential to start again once it drops.

I will now lower it to 90%. Do you think its the right move


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Anomalocaris]
    #29616229 -

Can you take a closer picture of the pins?  Because both dry and bacterial caps can bruise.  The solution for the former is to run the fans less.  And the solution for the other is to lower humidity.

And some minor bruising is fine.  They're called blue meanies largely because they bruise easily.


--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: tree frog]
    #29616264 -

I think you should ditch the fogger and just use a hand mister. With the holes as small as they are, you should only have to mist 2 or 3 times per day (my guess is 2). Or if you want to keep the fogger, dont just set it based on humidity readings but actually monitor the tub / surface conditions. I would try to find time where you can check on the tub frequently for a full day or 2 and figure out a time based misting schedule according to when the substrate looks to be evaporating and in need of a mist. Like 5 minutes per hour as a general starting point, maybe more maybe less.

I also feel like you should drill larger holes down low and use micropore tape to control airflow. Like (2) 1.25" holes, low on each side. This has worked well for me, and has yielded at least some fruits without much trouble, and each successive tub gets better as you start to dial things in.

Although I will say, success can be had from unmodifed tubs so I am not saying your current setup can't work.

I do wonder about the overlay though. If I recall, you had some overlay and then recased it right? Rather than removing the overlay? I wonder if the knots / pins are still trying to form under that layer of overlay or if new knots formed on top of the overlay. I honestly dont know the answer but I would guess the pins are not forming on top of the overlay now. If they are underneath that layer still, I am thinking they are starved of air and the surface is not evaporating effectively.

I have heard that pins cannot physically push through overlay, which may be true but: is it that they cannot push through or is it that the dense overlay closes off the layer underneath and creates unfavorable conditions for further pins or fruit development?

Edited by SignedinStranger (07/03/26 10:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2106 | 2107 | 2108 | 2109 | 2110 | 2111 | 2112 | 2113 | 2114 | 2115 | 2116 | 2117 | 2118 | 2119 | 2120 | 2121 | 2122 | 2123 | 2124 | 2125 | 2126 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 87 88 )
Hindsight 81,353 1,755 09/29/26 07:10 PM
by Noah Keeper
* Mycogone perniciosa treatment LearyTheory 3,874 3 08/31/11 01:29 AM
by LearyTheory
* mycogone perniciosa Hammerloaf 4,270 2 07/06/02 05:26 PM
by Hammerloaf
* Mycogone aka wet bubble! successfully fruited.
( 1 2 all )
oontribe 12,140 26 02/21/18 04:28 AM
by OriginalGinger
* Is this mycogone? Help id contam pls. Wormi 1,347 9 07/09/16 09:01 AM
by Wormi
* Mycogone, Stroma, White mold? or is this healthy?! DunkinGonads 1,720 9 08/31/16 05:53 PM
by DunkinGonads
* Is this mycogone and what have I done. tombosley8 2,110 1 05/21/16 12:33 AM
by Mad Season
* Mycogone perniciosa aka Wet Bubble Q deep_throat 1,996 15 01/04/15 12:44 AM
by psilocybeMAN

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,304,078 topic views. 21 members, 59 guests and 165 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.045 seconds spending 0.029 seconds on 16 queries.