Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCrazyJulio
journeyman
Past lives
    #2942421 - 07/29/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Do you believe in them? 

I, for one, do.  How do you rationalize the fact that there's 6+ billion people living now, and in much older times maybe only a few million people were around?  Perhaps at one time each life was separated by a longer period of time, and now the time between lives is getting smaller and smaller?  In the past, we lived lives as either animals or as aliens on distant planets?

In either circumstance, they are many more people living now than were thousands of years ago.  Why is this?  What is significant about now that warrants so much human life?  Is there some destination that we are striving towards?  How are there more and more people who (presumably) have past lives when the actual number of lives on Earth leading up to this point was less?

If many past lives were spent as alien life forms or animals, why are so many more now living as humans?  Will we ever run out of souls to inhabit our bodies, or are there a vast, infinite sea of them?  Perhaps we are all one, and every time the spark of life is ignited, we all get diluted just a little bit more.

If we are striving towards something, what is it?  Multiplication?  A higher consciousness?  The end?  When will our goal reveal itself, or happen?

What do you think is the reason for living multiple lives?  Can you carry knowledge or wisdom with you?  Is living here just for the fun of it, or do we have goals (predetermined or otherwise) that we are meant to accomplish in each lifetime?

On a semi related note, have you ever met someone that you felt strongly familiar with, but you can't explain why?  Have you ever thought about who you were or what you may have done in past lives?  Was I a famous mathematician, a greek warrior, or just some random dude?  Does the concept of self have any meaning at all when dealing with past lives?  I haven't the slightest idea who I am.  I have a name, it means nothing.

Do you think that if you are mortal enemies with someone in one life, that that energy will follow you into other lives?  What about relationships (family, friend, romantic or otherwise)?

Lastly, do you think you have a purpose or purposes?  Do you know what they are, or have an idea?

Personally, I think I'm here to learn, enjoy the beauty of Earth and my time here (even something so mundane as a sky is really magnificently beautiful.  There really isn't one natural creation that I can look at and say, "That doesn't impress me."), advance my consciousness and strive towards enlightenment as much as I will (that I probably will never become enlightened is of no consequence to me) and then die.  Though, in retrospect, those goals sound kind of selfish.

Sorry for all the questions  :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Past lives [Re: CrazyJulio]
    #2942569 - 07/29/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CrazyJulio said:
Do you believe in them? 

I, for one, do.  How do you rationalize the fact that there's 6+ billion people living now, and in much older times maybe only a few million people were around?  Perhaps at one time each life was separated by a longer period of time, and now the time between lives is getting smaller and smaller?  In the past, we lived lives as either animals or as aliens on distant planets?

In either circumstance, they are many more people living now than were thousands of years ago.  Why is this?  What is significant about now that warrants so much human life?  Is there some destination that we are striving towards?  How are there more and more people who (presumably) have past lives when the actual number of lives on Earth leading up to this point was less?

If many past lives were spent as alien life forms or animals, why are so many more now living as humans?  Will we ever run out of souls to inhabit our bodies, or are there a vast, infinite sea of them?  Perhaps we are all one, and every time the spark of life is ignited, we all get diluted just a little bit more.

If we are striving towards something, what is it?  Multiplication?  A higher consciousness?  The end?  When will our goal reveal itself, or happen?

What do you think is the reason for living multiple lives?  Can you carry knowledge or wisdom with you?  Is living here just for the fun of it, or do we have goals (predetermined or otherwise) that we are meant to accomplish in each lifetime?

On a semi related note, have you ever met someone that you felt strongly familiar with, but you can't explain why?  Have you ever thought about who you were or what you may have done in past lives?  Was I a famous mathematician, a greek warrior, or just some random dude?  Does the concept of self have any meaning at all when dealing with past lives?  I haven't the slightest idea who I am.  I have a name, it means nothing.

Do you think that if you are mortal enemies with someone in one life, that that energy will follow you into other lives?  What about relationships (family, friend, romantic or otherwise)?

Lastly, do you think you have a purpose or purposes?  Do you know what they are, or have an idea?

Personally, I think I'm here to learn, enjoy the beauty of Earth and my time here (even something so mundane as a sky is really magnificently beautiful.  There really isn't one natural creation that I can look at and say, "That doesn't impress me."), advance my consciousness and strive towards enlightenment as much as I will (that I probably will never become enlightened is of no consequence to me) and then die.  Though, in retrospect, those goals sound kind of selfish.

Sorry for all the questions  :tongue:

oookkayy..
so theres these birds, and these bees..
and well ..
actually we just fuck to much cuz it feels good, and people have been trained to not think about it.
JUST DO IT.

cmon be fruitfull and multiply..
we need lots of people.
for our soup..

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineSamuel
u-knit-e
Female User Gallery

Loc: In the hearts of the A-Te...
    #2959224 - 08/03/04 07:18 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I believe in past lives. I think that every soul has a quest (so to speak) toward enlightenment. This quest involves multiple lives living as different people in different situations. In each life they are taking steps closer toward their enlightenment.

How do you rationalize the fact that there's 6+ billion people living now, and in much older times maybe only a few million people were around?

I don't think that there are a set amount of souls that just keep getting shuffeled around. I think that there are new souls being born all the time, just as there are souls who reach enlightenment. Unfortunately I think that there are more souls being born over reaching enlightenment. Because there are so many young souls our earth is slowly being destroyed by those who just don't know better.

On a semi related note, have you ever met someone that you felt strongly familiar with, but you can't explain why?

Yeah, when I first saw the man who is now my boyfriend I thought to myself "I need to get to know that kid". As I did I realized that there was some sort of connection between us. That was over 4 years ago. At the time when we met we both had a significant other and it ended up taking over 2 years and the break up of an engagement for us to eventually get together, but I know that he is the one I'm supposed to be with, and he feels the same way.

Do you think that if you are mortal enemies with someone in one life, that that energy will follow you into other lives? What about relationships (family, friend, romantic or otherwise)?

Yes, I do believe this. Let me share a story... I once had this dream of myself and 2 other people standing in a field. The setting was around the time of the revolutionary war. The three of us were all part of the lower class and dressed in pesant clothing. Myself and one other person were in love and meeting in this field secretly (the 3rd person knew and was a friend of my love's) That's about all I can remember about the dream. After I had the dream I instantly thought that it was myself and my boyfriend (who wasn't my boyfriend at the time).

The last time I tripped on mushrooms my boyfriend, his friend and I went for a walk... we ended up in this field. Instantly it turned into this dream that I had. I don't really know if this confirms anything or if I was just tripping, but I believe that the dream could have been a snapshot of a past life where I was in love with someone and could not be with him. It may also explain why when I met him I felt the connection instantly however thought that we were meant not to be together.

Sorry for such a long post but I felt like sharing. :heart:

--------------------
:heart: :heart:

InvisibleChronic7
    #2959701 - 08/03/04 09:48 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i deifnalty do, theres dreams ive had that i could swear were my past lives. and sumtimes ill meet a girl and theres just a wierd attraction!

--------------------

Offline777
Stranger
    #2959937 - 08/03/04 11:04 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

To me, the fact that there are so many people on Earth today makes a strong case AGAINST the possibility that we all had past lives. If everyone had past lives, how then did the numbers increase so dramatically. Could new souls be created as someone else mentioned? Maybe, but that seems like something that the Creator would have done at the beginning of this thing instead of doing it on the fly now.

Maybe our concept of where the "spirit" or "soul" is housed before it comes into the Woman's body and materializes is different from what it actually is. Perhaps the Human sperm carries the spirit among its other essentials.

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
    #2960242 - 08/03/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

but what about suicide? wouldn't this disrupt the chain of death and life to enlightenment?

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #2960358 - 08/03/04 01:51 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I more then beleive in them-I know of many of them on and off of this planet.

I'll share one with ya that I recalled last night that is sort of sad but I feel after recalling it all, it has a happy ending.

I went to bed wondering who kaoiwas was to me as he touched me more like grabbed at me "energetically speaking" in the child abuse post. I knew that I "knew" him from elsewhere. Images started to pop up and I was takin into a past life where I was an older Indian man who raised cattle on a ranch. My wife had died of yellow fever soon after our daughter was born "Kaiowas". I was VERY depressed throughout that life, almost despondant going through the motions. Never got over the death of my wife. I didn't have much of a relationship with my daughter in that one as I was to self absorbed in my own pity. She had to grow up quick and pretty much took care of me.

Then I pulled out of that memory and came back to here and now consciousness. I was wondering about that and then I remembered Kaoiwas saying that he didn't tell his dad about the abuse from his step mom because he didn't want his dad to loose her and be lonely.

Then i tied those two lives of his together and choked.

Now in this life i have been given the opportunity to realise and appreciate the concern he had for me in that one. I also get to realise what a beautiful soul he is because I couldn't see it back then drowning in my own misery.

There was another one in england back in the early 1700s with him. He was my brother, we lived in a well to do family in that one-there were some fuzzy issues there and I pulled out of the recall.

Like someone here wrote, we often run into people we just know we know but don't know how. "past lives" Our emotional bodies memory remembers them and we get that "knowing" feeling. if you have opnned up to your pychic abilities, its interesting to go back and find out how and where you knew them. I run into soul friends almost weekly. What an adventure it all is!

Reincarnation explains soooooooo much!

Have no doubts that we lived before!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Past lives [Re: PuZuZu]
    #2960601 - 08/03/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PuZuZu said:
but what about suicide? wouldn't this disrupt the chain of death and life to enlightenment?

i would think ud just be reborn to try again.

not that i subscribe to that belief

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds