Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | | Last >
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: pickle_jars] * 2
    #29571705 -

pickle_jars said:
Quote:
For a PF TEK grow, Id go with a classic: B+, Cambodian, Equador..thats just me.



I'm just using up spore syringes I already have, most of which were vendor freebies. If some of them don't take, it's not a big loss, and if the others fruit enough to make a ton of prints to share, great. I prefer to work with prints, swabs, and agar, and with LI when I'm doing PF tek cakes (especially coir-based ones) or bottle growing, but joining CAKE WARS II sounded fun and the rules required using MSSs.

Quote:
You cant fruit "half a cake", even though you can still get fruits by making say a shoebox



I've fruited some BRF pucks (which are like 1/4 of a cake) and several grain cakes made from literally just a tablespoon or two of brown rice. Obviously they aren't going to yield much, but that's not the point -- I'm looking for in vitro pins or interesting fruits to clone and print. I'll see if the stalled cakes will at least fruit enough to yield a single usable print.





Thats right. its possible of course but rather a waste of time, even though as in my case 15ml worth of substrate gave me a huge picture and also: it was a beaut to watch.

As for the varietys, I am still with the classics, I am just so in love with em .

To everybody else:

Nice job people, wonderful substrate blends. Keep working on them blends:)

:seriousthumbsup::smug:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: Cakewonder] * 2
    #29571708 -

Awesome, I was in such a rush so I couldn’t get the pics with the cake wars sign in. After the dunk tomorrow, I’ll have a sign ready and post it before the roll.
I wasn’t going to this round, but, I’m in!

————————————————————————————————————




Cake Wars II Entry.

I tried to make a sculpture by cold fruiting half of the time, then stepping up the heat. It kind of worked with that big tree of a schroom, then the more typical ones coming after it.
Thank you for the comp FB 🙏
Good luck to everyone.

Edited by Penman (05/20/26 01:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: Penman]
    #29571709 -

Great Penman, any cake related questions, I can handle them.


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: Penman] * 1
    #29571714 -

Penman said:
I’m in!



*excellent*

So, use your “I’m in” post location for your final entry pics - just edit the post to add your final pics and data, when the time comes.

Post whatever updates in the usual way in the thread.

Everyone’s “i’m in” post is linked in the 2nd post on this thread for easy access / navigation of the eventual entry pics and data.


--------------------
Peace to you, friend!
The HHG is a guide to getting started.
New User Welcome Wagon
GROWER’S BEST photo contest: join the fun!
CAKE WARS III - Starts SEPT 1, 2026

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: Cakewonder]
    #29571715 -

Ahh I just re-read FBs message, is it ok to post it after the dunk?
He said the first pic needs to be done before the dunk and roll. No worries if I missed this one, I should have two more ready to birth in two weeks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: Cakewonder] * 1
    #29571718 -

Lay some wonderful cake knowledge on me, boss...

Since I had leftover BRF and vermiculite, but I never intend to make cakes again, I decided to use some leftover (prepped)grain from the last batch and mix it all up to see what happens.

The mix is like 1 part BRF, 1 part verm, 1 part grains 1 part coir, 2 parts water. Ish.

I made up some little jars to fruit in vitro, and some are done up PF style.

For the pf style ones, should I dunk and roll and put in a shoebox sized water tub or shred em up, add a bit more coir, and make up shoeboxes?

Thank you in advance

Edit:

NVM I just read one of your other post that says you don't stray from the og mix aside from gypsum.


--------------------
- My trade list
- New here? Me too! Pop by and say hi c:

Edited by Archespore (05/09/26 11:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: Penman] * 1
    #29571724 -

long as it is before the roll - that’s what really matters.

and one can use post-pic graphics to add the “cake wars ii” onto the image if it wasn’t in the original pic when taken.


--------------------
Peace to you, friend!
The HHG is a guide to getting started.
New User Welcome Wagon
GROWER’S BEST photo contest: join the fun!
CAKE WARS III - Starts SEPT 1, 2026

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: Archespore] * 1
    #29571728 -

@arche - yeah, it pretty much functions as colonized grain when fully colonized, so if doing an experiment, totally ok to shred it up and mix it into other subtrate/coir and proceed as usual for a shoebox or whatever.


--------------------
Peace to you, friend!
The HHG is a guide to getting started.
New User Welcome Wagon
GROWER’S BEST photo contest: join the fun!
CAKE WARS III - Starts SEPT 1, 2026

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: flapping_bird] * 2
    #29571741 -

Looking forward to seeing that process Archespore, very interesting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: Cakewonder] * 3
    #29571764 -



These haven't seemed like a waste of time, I've got thirty or so prints off them so far for very little effort or supplies, plus cloned a couple fruits. Using a shoebox as a water tub for tiny cakes on jar lids is really convenient for that. I'll probably grow those clones individually later and see what does well in my preferred setup. I'm going to compost these mini-cakes after the current flush, to make room for new mini-cakes from some wild cubes. The CAKE WARS II cakes are taller, so they'll go in a bootbox water tub once when they're ready.

Keeping things on topic: For more typical PF tek, my favorites have been CRS, PESH,  and Natal Super Strength (ochra).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: pickle_jars] * 1
    #29571775 -

Well, I say that its up to the growers themselves what to do and not. Its a taste thing, ita not impossible I am correcting myself with that. As previously I only do classic PF TEK, I long to try agar and bulk but thats FAR away in the future.
So its looking good, that some of you overcome obstacles of cake growing rather than tossing viable materials. As I showed, I grew mini subs.

When I say waste of time, I am thinking cakewise: I  knock maybe 30 cakes at once, the ones that dont make it, i bury them and focus on the 29 or so that made it. Thats just me. But its up to each grower to decide.

Wonderful to see myself stand corrected, it showes skill and patience. :smile: nice job people.


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: Archespore]
    #29571779 -

Archespore said:
Lay some wonderful cake knowledge on me, boss...

Since I had leftover BRF and vermiculite, but I never intend to make cakes again, I decided to use some leftover (prepped)grain from the last batch and mix it all up to see what happens.Very experimental id say but shoot for it and see what happens

The mix is like 1 part BRF, 1 part verm, 1 part grains 1 part coir, 2 parts water. Ish. I am not familiar with coir or the mix you intend to use, but go for it.

I made up some little jars to fruit in vitro, and some are done up PF style.

For the pf style ones, should I dunk and roll and put in a shoebox sized water tub or shred em up, add a bit more coir, and make up shoeboxes? (To your liking, the sub will fruit anyhow)

Thank you in advance

Edit:

NVM I just read one of your other post that says you don't stray from the og mix aside from gypsum.




--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: Cakewonder] * 2
    #29571909 -

So jealous guys.

I’m looking forward to CW3. But watching this comp closely as well.

Kids college graduation gonna side line me for a little. lol

I wanna see it all!  Success for everyone! 

Long live the cakes!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: Splittinghairs] * 1
    #29572105 -

So, we maybe oughta talk about WHEN cake wars III should start.

I suppose it’s defeatist to start talking about the NEXT war while we’re currently in this one, but, come on…I think we realize that war is just gonna be our way of life from here on out. There’s no escaping it, and looking back there will only be two kinds of people left: those who went to war and those who didn’t.  I think I’d rather fight than lay down. Cakes, shoeboxes, monotubs, bags….where does it end, and it seems so fuckin senseless! What a world!

Seriously though, summer can be a hard time to get participants because things nice outside and folks are busy. With this one ending June 30, maybe we can think of starting CWIII around Sept 1 to Nov 15 and get enough participants lined up to field a BIG FUCKIN ARMY of cultivators!  Wouldn’t that be so fuckin rad? To sell it hard and get like 50 people participating at once…wonder if that’s even possible?


--------------------
Peace to you, friend!
The HHG is a guide to getting started.
New User Welcome Wagon
GROWER’S BEST photo contest: join the fun!
CAKE WARS III - Starts SEPT 1, 2026

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: flapping_bird] * 2
    #29572123 -

I've achieved lift-off in 9 out of 12 jars. 3 GT, 3 Subtrop, and 3 Jack Frost. All 3 Blue Magnolia look highly bacterial, I'm assuming its the syringe. It is the only one that I haven't tested on agar previously. I'm excited to be in the game still!





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: MycDrop]
    #29572133 -

(english colonel voice)  Well, it’s a sad fact of the very nature of war, that casualties DO happen, and way too many good cakes are absolutely going to die along the way.

It shouldn’t have to be that way, but it is, and there’s really nothing we can do about that part of the situation. We just have to, simply, and indeed, sadly, accept that hard fact. Yes.

What we can do, however, is to keep our focus on the living, the growing, the beautiful cakes that we DO have the ability to protect and nurture! There is only one way forward, comrades, and that is together! Onward, towards victory!


--------------------
Peace to you, friend!
The HHG is a guide to getting started.
New User Welcome Wagon
GROWER’S BEST photo contest: join the fun!
CAKE WARS III - Starts SEPT 1, 2026

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: flapping_bird] * 1
    #29572179 -

flapping_bird said:
maybe we can think of starting CWIII around Sept 1 to Nov 15 and get enough participants lined up to field a BIG FUCKIN ARMY of cultivators!  Wouldn’t that be so fuckin rad? To sell it hard and get like 50 people participating at once…wonder if that’s even possible?



Sounds great, this will give everyone time to gather their supplies and be ready to go to war in the fall.


--------------------
Even if you fail, success is the knowledge gained along the way.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: COgrower] * 1
    #29572247 -

If my housing stays stable I'm in for cake war 3 :smile:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: flapping_bird]
    #29572269 -

flapping_bird said:
So, we maybe oughta talk about WHEN cake wars III should start.

I suppose it’s defeatist to start talking about the NEXT war while we’re currently in this one, but, come on…I think we realize that war is just gonna be our way of life from here on out. There’s no escaping it, and looking back there will only be two kinds of people left: those who went to war and those who didn’t.  I think I’d rather fight than lay down. Cakes, shoeboxes, monotubs, bags….where does it end, and it seems so fuckin senseless! What a world!

Seriously though, summer can be a hard time to get participants because things nice outside and folks are busy. With this one ending June 30, maybe we can think of starting CWIII around Sept 1 to Nov 15 and get enough participants lined up to field a BIG FUCKIN ARMY of cultivators!  Wouldn’t that be so fuckin rad? To sell it hard and get like 50 people participating at once…wonder if that’s even possible?



it's only defeatist if you intend to lose, good sir.

I intend to win, therefore discussing CWIII is akin to reviewing the dessert menu while you're working on your appetizers c;

On a more serious note, I think that's a good time for CWIII. I won't be able to participate in that round, but I like your idea of drumming up contestants. Humans are naturally competitive and I think that's a good way to spread the mushroom cult flame.

Good job, FB. And thanks for everything!


--------------------
- My trade list
- New here? Me too! Pop by and say hi c:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS II - Ends June 30, 2026 [Re: Archespore]
    #29572336 -

(English Colonel Voice - “ECV”): Wonderful spirit, laddie! That’s just the way! Right-o! Well now! Ha ha!

Many thanks, Archespore - I’d love to see a true hoard of participants in a round someday!


--------------------
Peace to you, friend!
The HHG is a guide to getting started.
New User Welcome Wagon
GROWER’S BEST photo contest: join the fun!
CAKE WARS III - Starts SEPT 1, 2026

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 25 26 )
flapping_bird 6,289 510 10/03/26 01:07 PM
by Cakewonder
* Cakes nearing the end of life? Oswiu 344 1 04/01/03 12:01 AM
by george castanza
* PR cake going mad BeppoMarx 1,408 1 12/28/01 07:34 PM
by ShroominSpradl
* cakes producing on verm pleezr 879 2 12/25/01 01:55 PM
by sporechase13
* Re: Is it normal for a cake to ..... PappaKaps 863 1 05/15/00 05:28 PM
by Anonymous
* furry, fuzzy cakes... Shiznitz 1,471 5 08/12/01 05:18 PM
by puscle
* Maximizing Yeild per Cake in a Perlite Setup Smokemon 1,229 5 03/27/02 04:57 PM
by pleezr
* MY CAKES ARE TURNING BLUE!!!!! ScottyG420 3,510 3 02/04/02 04:09 AM
by Roadkill

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
11,489 topic views. 15 members, 58 guests and 133 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.