Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 705 | 706 | 707 | 708 | 709 | 710 | 711 | 712 | 713 | 714 | 715 | 716 | 717 | 718 | 719 | 720 | 721 | 722 | 723 | 724 | 725 |
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #29545094 -

LogicaL Chaos said:
:incredible:

What a beautifully, high-tech set-up! A feat of Cultivation Engineering :justastonishing:

Scemilope, is that fine-filter French Press for making Shroom Teas? Ive been wanting to get one for the same purpose, if thats what you use it for.



I think it would work well for tea.
I use mine for making the nutrient portion of my agar. The nutes steep in boiling hot water on a stir plate while the agar blooms.


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Scemilope] * 3
    #29546678 -

French press is great for making tea. Just don't get too earnest with grinding your mush to powder. Mortar and pestle or a burr coffee grinder are great. But if I go too nuts with a Mr Coffee spin grinder, the fine powder turns to a mud that plugs the filter screen really quickly. Ideally, the mush should be like medium to coarse coffee grounds or loose tea, not baby powder.

I finally learned my lesson after practically standing on the plunger to get some extractions.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: ReverendMyc] * 8
    #29547650 -



--------------------
--------------------
Deep pour soft agar plates-->bags of WBS-->Low Profile Monos
Clean spawn thread | Put a thermometer on your PC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: tedoro] * 1
    #29547720 -

tedoro said:
Best thing I've ever done. Highly recommend.



I try to clean totes well, cause who needs yet another vector when chasiing down problems. I've gone through a number of brushes and landed on this brush. Its soft, long lasting and just aggressive enough to dislodge all the gunk.

Then I mounted it to my garden spray gun. Game Changer! I can clean a tote with no effort instantly! Woo Hoo!









Nice, I like a good brush.

You can shorten zon links down to the question mark. I'm told the rest is for tracking and crap.

https://www.amazon.com/MR-SIGA-Bamboo-Dishes-Kitchen-Cleaning/dp/B082MZ7TK9/ref=sr_1_2_sspa


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Scemilope] * 3
    #29548691 -

Yup, most of a URL is garbage that they use to make money that they don't share with you.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28980842


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Agar Wedge] * 4
    #29549087 -

Agar Wedge said:
Swiss cheese fruiting bucket prototype v.3.0








After a couple harvests + trial and error it's very close. There will be a Tek in the next month :awesomenod::bump2:



Finally got this jawn dialed in:cool::mushroom2:
Here's the Tek for anybody interested

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29540746

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Agar Wedge] * 1
    #29549153 -

LOVE THIS!!  Cannot wait to try this.


--------------------
-Noku
Eskawata kaya waikiki
HHG
"Shake it like you would a newborn baby" - BeefExtreme

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Nokumana] * 11
    #29555736 -

Finally got a wireless thermometer probe



For tracking temps in the middle of substrate bags during steam cycles

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: deadmandave]
    #29556428 -

let us know how long they last on a battery. mine won't last a whole 24hr cycle. Good info for 15hrs or so.


--------------------
--------------------
Deep pour soft agar plates-->bags of WBS-->Low Profile Monos
Clean spawn thread | Put a thermometer on your PC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: deadmandave]
    #29556600 -

deadmandave said:
Finally got a wireless thermometer probe



For tracking temps in the middle of substrate bags during steam cycles



That is awesome :wowz:


--------------------
.
"If a person has arrived, at whatever age, at views and beliefs that later make him unhappy, then he can also, through effort of mind and sharpness of reasoning, learn to free himself from these ideas and replace them with ones that correspond more closely to reality."
-Lucien Augen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Blizzloo] * 8
    #29559164 -

Found at a goodwill I donโ€™t usually visit.



--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 2
    #29559213 -

Hell yeah! Worth it just for the trays

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: deadmandave] * 1
    #29561574 -

Does anyone make these anymore?

Agar punches

Please DM me if you got the hookup

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Hobbit GDF] * 5
    #29561583 -

Faht used a stainless steel straw. At least I think it was him. But you can definitely use a stainless steel straw.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 1
    #29561628 -

I think I'm going to make a batch with resin. Use my handle as a mold. Well see how it goes. I know where to get the brass tubing. All i need is resin and the brass and im good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 5
    #29562061 -

Smellyhobbit said:
Faht used a stainless steel straw. At least I think it was him. But you can definitely use a stainless steel straw.



Can confirm that it works.

New tent set up. But I gotta take it back down bc I'm moving again. The nomad life doesn't pair well with cultivation. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ



--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 5
    #29562098 -

Smellyhobbit said:
Faht used a stainless steel straw. At least I think it was him. But you can definitely use a stainless steel straw.



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29035475#29035475

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: fahtster] * 2
    #29562319 -

Thx that's cool. I think I'm going to make some of my own. I'm going to mold my handle and use resin. I appreciate the link.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 2
    #29562397 -

Smellyhobbit said:
Found at a goodwill I donโ€™t usually visit.





I picked the same one at my goodwill for $14.99 a few years back and it came with 10 trays total. I could t say no! Works like a dream better than my other cheap $40 Walmart dehydrator


--------------------


bucket full of rust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: RustBucketz] * 8
    #29562400 -

Dehydrator trays are the true currency of this hobby. ๐Ÿ˜†



--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 705 | 706 | 707 | 708 | 709 | 710 | 711 | 712 | 713 | 714 | 715 | 716 | 717 | 718 | 719 | 720 | 721 | 722 | 723 | 724 | 725 |

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* PCing tools of the trade no-tone 1,411 6 04/10/03 07:42 PM
by oO_wombat_Oo
* Posted this at Myco. interesting story... NewbieShroomer 3,215 3 12/26/01 10:22 PM
by blahblahblah
* Need advice on sterility & trading spores. The_Gnome_King 5,004 16 06/25/20 05:22 AM
by Zakkery
* Spore Trading Post Thom_Yorke 2,712 6 12/19/02 04:34 AM
by Iowa Rasta
* spore trading post? chronic_124 1,624 3 12/24/01 02:53 PM
by psilocybinjunkie
* Big investment/Mycobags tricks of trade belushi 1,844 3 12/06/02 02:29 PM
by f8L
* About the sporetrading post Mini Deluxe Kit chicagoist 2,201 11 08/10/01 02:23 PM
by FungusFarmer
* z-strain from spore trading post? *DELETED* kcy 1,536 3 01/02/02 09:38 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
471,933 topic views. 14 members, 75 guests and 90 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.048 seconds spending 0.018 seconds on 16 queries.