Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 | 1479 | 1480 | 1481 | 1482 | 1483 | 1484 | 1485 | 1486 | 1487 | 1488 | 1489 | 1490 | 1491 | 1492 | 1493 | 1494 | 1495 | 1496 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tryptkaloids] * 1
    #29302742 -

Sorry dude. I jumped the gun thinking he was taking a blow at me for what I said. It's easily misunderstood reading people through text. And after he explained what he meant, I actually agree with him, that the dude should just make his own and it's easy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: PhenoDreamers] * 5
    #29302747 -

Im kinda embellishing.

Im a no life shroomery lifer.

I need out for a bit..

I got back online because i was running a ski lift with nowhere to grow and needed to get in the mindspace so i came in to help. But now i neednto focus on production and getting ready for the move back down.

I need to focus and the site doesnt help me do that :lol:


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: PhenoDreamers] * 4
    #29302756 -

I still want a grow off. Come at me Pheno, whaddaya got! :crankey:



--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tryptkaloids] * 2
    #29302766 -

Total understand that dude ❤️

Come at me mac! 😡 Lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: PhenoDreamers] * 4
    #29302768 -

Mackload said:
I still want a grow off. Come at me Pheno, whaddaya got! :crankey:





I see what you did there, going for some free gandalfiana spores, nice move.

:jodie:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: PhenoDreamers] * 3
    #29302771 -

PhenoDreamers said:
Sorry dude. I jumped the gun thinking he was taking a blow at me for what I said. It's easily misunderstood reading people through text. And after he explained what he meant, I actually agree with him, that the dude should just make his own and it's easy.



Okay, cool!

I'm holstering my weapon.

Misunderstandings happen.

Love ya :hug:


--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29302801 -

Kloakk said:
Mackload said:
I still want a grow off. Come at me Pheno, whaddaya got! :crankey:





I see what you did there, going for some free gandalfiana spores, nice move.

:jodie:



:rofl:


--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: LotKid] * 1
    #29302819 -

LotKid said:
PhenoDreamers said:
LotKid said:
Or just learn to make science jello.

People act like its difficult or something...



What did I just say? I said shipping it is different. Ship some plates in the peak of summer and the dead of winter and then come back to me with another dumbass comment



I wasnt talking to you. I was talking to the people who order plates versus making them. They wouldn't have summer heat wave melted plate problems if they stopped being lazy and made thier own.

So take youre dumbass comment and walk on fool... sup?


Keep on with your predatory biz tactics preying on vulnerable noobs and overcharging them for science jello.

You had to start shit didnt you? :lol:

You asked for this...


I'll outgrow your ass in a heartbeat





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: FuzzyFoot]
    #29302856 -

FuzzyFoot said:
LotKid said:
PhenoDreamers said:
LotKid said:
Or just learn to make science jello.

People act like its difficult or something...



What did I just say? I said shipping it is different. Ship some plates in the peak of summer and the dead of winter and then come back to me with another dumbass comment



I wasnt talking to you. I was talking to the people who order plates versus making them. They wouldn't have summer heat wave melted plate problems if they stopped being lazy and made thier own.

So take youre dumbass comment and walk on fool... sup?


Keep on with your predatory biz tactics preying on vulnerable noobs and overcharging them for science jello.

You had to start shit didnt you? :lol:

You asked for this...


I'll outgrow your ass in a heartbeat








When i can back it up, i sure am


--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 2
    #29302874 -

Some recent white teacher spore print to AGAR.

Initial germination from print with some bacterial colonies at the edge.



Some 1st transfers from this plate bacteria hitched a ride grr.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Infinite Monkeys] * 4
    #29303563 -

Infinite Monkeys said:
Infinite Monkeys said:
Even though I lost all of my spore prints and cultures.
I discovered a single popcorn grain when cleaning my jars,
I carefully transferred it from the jar it was in onto a plate.
The jar must be at least two years old, I swear to God.

Although it was unlikely, the grain is taking off! I'm very excited.





Here's the original plate



Transfers




How are the transfers looking?



Not agar strictly speaking but here we are



Success! I took a 2 year old kernel, put it to agar, put agar to LC then spawned to bulk :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 1
    #29303568 -

I found this brand of parafilm on temu for ~$8 USD. The brand is "waxfilm".



It comes in a 2.5 cm roll which is perfect for petri dishes. The roll is about 124 feet long. It costs $8 USD per 124 ft roll which makes it cost effective.

The only issue I've had with it is that parafilm has a learning curve and it took a few tries to get used to wrapping plates with it. I find that the temperature of the film needs to be a bit warm in order to get a proper grip.

It works surprisingly well and may actually be cheaper than cling film (would have to do the maths on that one).


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Infinite Monkeys] * 5
    #29303769 -

Bisporus from Bra




Ingeli spore germination



Bacteria moving around the plate, it was stationary up until 3 days ago then it got mobile and moved across the plate.
Originally it was quite small but has grown substantially.
It's fascinating to be honest.



Clean Ingeli clone


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Infinite Monkeys]
    #29303878 -

Infinite Monkeys said:
I found this brand of parafilm on temu for ~$8 USD. The brand is "waxfilm".



It comes in a 2.5 cm roll which is perfect for petri dishes. The roll is about 124 feet long. It costs $8 USD per 124 ft roll which makes it cost effective.

The only issue I've had with it is that parafilm has a learning curve and it took a few tries to get used to wrapping plates with it. I find that the temperature of the film needs to be a bit warm in order to get a proper grip.

It works surprisingly well and may actually be cheaper than cling film (would have to do the maths on that one).





What I’ve found is wipe down the sides so they’re slightly moist. Hold it with your thumb and stretch and wrap with your other thumb as like a “lever”.

I don’t rip half as many as I used to and the iso really helps it get a clingy stick


--------------------
Face failure head on and learn something from it
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: misterswisher]
    #29304088 -

I'm still very new and have lots to learn, so I apologize for all the questions. I'm looking for advice on two sets of plates.  The set of four plates is a T1 from a spore print.  In terms of best practice, should I just concentrate on the two plates on the left, or is there value in taking transfers from all three?  Should I take transfers and send to grain, or do I need more transfers before sending?



The second set of three plates is directly from a spore print.  I think I got too many spores on the plates, which leaves me with two questions: 1) Where should I take transfers from on these? 2) How the hell do you work with spore prints?  I've tried from two different prints and I can't seem to get them to stick to the scalpel and end up just scraping some lose and dumping them into the plate.

Thanks!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: unstuckPilgrim]
    #29304096 -

The two on the left look great. I would probably send those to grain and also keep a transfer for future use.  Bottom right I would probably take another transfer.  Top right I would ditch it.

From the germ plates, just grab anything from the fastest growth.  Whatever spots appeared first, or moved the fastest across agar.

Scraping spores onto the dish with a scalpel just as you did is the “correct” way afaik.  (Correct in this context means “it works!”). You could probably also use a sterile swab if you felt so inclined.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nocap]
    #29304312 -

Thank you for the help.  I've learned a lot from the forums here and appreciate everyone who contributes.  Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: unstuckPilgrim]
    #29304335 -

Hello All,

Thanks for sharing your skills and knowledge.  I'm newer to all this, but I've been working on agar plates for the first time over the past few weeks.  I'm learning that the mycelium can grow in such different ways.  Hoping I can get some thoughts on these plates to help me better identify contam (cobweb mold is my concern on some of these) and put my mind at ease.  I'm especially curious about the PEO plate.  The growth is very flat and ordered so I don't think it is cobweb mold, but that strain has been a bit weaker fighting contams so I'm curious what folks think. 










Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #29304653 -

Does this look right or am I seeing bacteria?



--------------------
All that you see in front of you is how you feel inside your head. - AW



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mashiro] * 1
    #29304660 -

Yes it looks bacterial.

Is that a clone or spores?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 | 1479 | 1480 | 1481 | 1482 | 1483 | 1484 | 1485 | 1486 | 1487 | 1488 | 1489 | 1490 | 1491 | 1492 | 1493 | 1494 | 1495 | 1496 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Agar...Rye...Straw...Grain... Quik_N_Kool 1,703 7 10/02/03 04:33 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* agar to agar / g2g degeneration effects ohmatic 2,913 11 01/17/05 03:46 PM
by MushroomFriend
* do you let it cool down first using agar? crazytab 2,330 4 01/20/04 06:51 PM
by plura16
* Agar ??? Semilanceata 541 4 02/28/04 05:20 AM
by Semilanceata
* Contam in Agar alt. MushroomFriend 1,834 5 12/28/04 03:13 PM
by MushroomFriend
* Inoculating agar with a liquid culture? GnuBobo 10,333 8 11/19/05 01:16 AM
by GnuBobo
* Myc defeating mold kronnyQ 2,089 10 04/28/05 04:53 AM
by blackout
* if you pc mold, is it still mold? swiftrance 620 5 10/29/05 06:52 AM
by FooMan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,004 topic views. 34 members, 235 guests and 284 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.057 seconds spending 0.032 seconds on 16 queries.