Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 553 | 554 | 555 | 556 | 557 | 558 | 559 | 560 | 561 | 562 | 563 | 564 | 565 | 566 | 567 | 568 | 569 | 570 | 571 | 572 | 573 | | Last >
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #29249287 -

They were on sale here 10 for 8 so I snagged abunch lol.
But I don’t like seeing things not in use πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­


--------------------
Face failure head on and learn something from it
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery

Edited by misterswisher (06/13/25 05:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: misterswisher]
    #29249394 -

misterswisher said:
They were on sale here 10 for 8 so I snagged abunch lol.
But I don’t like seeing things not in use πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­



I'll use them for other stuff, at some point. Lol


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 3
    #29249417 -

Yeah I confess I use quart jars to drink from and pints for the kids


--------------------
Thank your postal workers when you see them. None of this would be possible without them.

Necessity is the mother of invention

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: EniQma]
    #29249436 -

EniQma said:
Yeah I confess I use quart jars to drink from and pints for the kids



If it works, it aint stupid. Kinda like me - IQ of 48, but I've got a job at least. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 2
    #29249455 -

ThurmanMurman said:
EniQma said:
Yeah I confess I use quart jars to drink from and pints for the kids



If it works, it aint stupid. Kinda like me - IQ of 48, but I've got a job at least. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ



Look at Thurman bragging about their big brain

Thurman:



--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 1
    #29249476 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
ThurmanMurman said:
EniQma said:
Yeah I confess I use quart jars to drink from and pints for the kids



If it works, it aint stupid. Kinda like me - IQ of 48, but I've got a job at least. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ



Look at Thurman bragging about their big brain

Thurman:







--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 5
    #29250204 -

Confession: I need to prioritize my ambitions here. Ive got plates out the ass - a few pan varieties, 2 WL species, Tamp varieties, cubes, semps...some of that isn't doing so well on my standard agar recipe, so now I'm dicking with different agar for different thing. and I have yet to fruit any exotics, so now Im drinking from a firehose learning about pan and WL teks...50hr work weeks and then plenty of work outside of that and trying to keep up with cult. I think I might be taking the fun out of it here. Need to get cryo vials ordered so I can store some of this and refocus my goals a bit.

Thanks for coming to my self pity bitchfest.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 5
    #29250207 -

When it starts feeling like work instead of a fun thing I want to do that’s when it’s time for the ole cult break. Feels fresh and new again when you ramp back up.


--------------------

πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ
TEAM SPREAD THE LOVE!
Smellyhobbit said:
Embarrassment and bashfulness are leeches on your ability to learn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #29250208 -

I’m not gonna lie I don’t use vials. I mean I’m not some crazy cultivator either but I got a lot of projects too and I just keep a β€œmaster plate”

Take a transfer let it grow for like 2 days and refrigerate that mf. Should be viable for quite some time. I seal them inside a ziplock and parafilm on the plate to try to prevent it from drying out.

I’m also about to venture into the world of pans. Looks like everyone’s figured em out at this point though. Few years ago nobody was cultivating them like this.


--------------------
Face failure head on and learn something from it
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: misterswisher] * 8
    #29250215 -

I confess I'm going to have a great night tonight:



--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: misterswisher] * 7
    #29250229 -

Trying other species has shown me how insanely easy cubes are, and I am severely grateful for the decades of domestication that took place before I even saw a bendy dealer shroom in a bag.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 2
    #29250231 -

ThurmanMurman said:
Confession: I need to prioritize my ambitions here. Ive got plates out the ass - a few pan varieties, 2 WL species, Tamp varieties, cubes, semps...some of that isn't doing so well on my standard agar recipe, so now I'm dicking with different agar for different thing. and I have yet to fruit any exotics, so now Im drinking from a firehose learning about pan and WL teks...50hr work weeks and then plenty of work outside of that and trying to keep up with cult. I think I might be taking the fun out of it here. Need to get cryo vials ordered so I can store some of this and refocus my goals a bit.

Thanks for coming to my self pity bitchfest.



Doing what you're currently doing is what made me burnout and take a year off cult, lost a lot of nice cultures too :uhoh:

Do yourself a favor, get those cryo vials and put most of what you have into storage, focus on 1-2 species/projects and relax.

It's a fine line between a hobby and an obsession, but when it gets to the point where it feels like a second job... it's time to dial back some brotha.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: Axman] * 3
    #29250240 -

I feel this

I like to check out the marketplace, get excited, then remind myself I don't have the energy, space, or time to add another variety

I still like looking though


--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: Dala] * 1
    #29250245 -

I'm more so looking for a well producing cube variety that's decently strong, and a couple albino vanity projects. Pans and Semps are just a side thing that I'm expecting a lot of failure with, but hoping to master eventually.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: Axman] * 2
    #29250268 -

You aint wrong homie. A lot of the problem here is that I can't currently dedicate a ton of time to cult. Most of the time I'm even on the boards is when I'm sitting at work on my ass. But yes, I gotta put some stuff in storage for sure. Constantly thinking "I GOTTA do..." instead of "I want to do..."

Edit: just spawned 5qts of yeti and got petris sterilizing. It might be work sometimes, but I fuggin love it.πŸ€™


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Edited by ThurmanMurman (06/14/25 01:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 1
    #29250381 -

ThurmanMurman said:
Confession: I need to prioritize my ambitions here. Ive got plates out the ass - a few pan varieties, 2 WL species, Tamp varieties, cubes, semps...some of that isn't doing so well on my standard agar recipe, so now I'm dicking with different agar for different thing. and I have yet to fruit any exotics, so now Im drinking from a firehose learning about pan and WL teks...50hr work weeks and then plenty of work outside of that and trying to keep up with cult. I think I might be taking the fun out of it here. Need to get cryo vials ordered so I can store some of this and refocus my goals a bit.

Thanks for coming to my self pity bitchfest.




Sometimes you gotta pump the brakes man.  Definitely get your stuff in stasis, then take a break.  Imvho once it stops being fun it's pointless.


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: Dala] * 6
    #29250393 -

Dala said:
I like to check out the marketplace, get excited, then remind myself I don't have the energy, space, or time to add another variety



I just requested a swab from the marketplace :rofl:


--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: Dala] * 2
    #29250396 -

Dala said:
Dala said:
I like to check out the marketplace, get excited, then remind myself I don't have the energy, space, or time to add another variety



I just requested a swab from the marketplace :rofl:



:nonoyes:


--------------------
β€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29250427 -

Happy to sin for Charlie Brown...I seek no absolution


--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation Confessional Booth [Re: Dala] * 1
    #29250432 -

Dala said:
Happy to sin for Charlie Brown...I seek no absolution



Right there with you :hug:


--------------------
β€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 553 | 554 | 555 | 556 | 557 | 558 | 559 | 560 | 561 | 562 | 563 | 564 | 565 | 566 | 567 | 568 | 569 | 570 | 571 | 572 | 573 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Congratulations to our newest Trusted Cultivators, DV8DUG and Churpee Choozle
( 1 2 3 all )
veggieM 612 42 09/29/26 06:40 PM
by JW123
* Addicted to Cultivation????
( 1 2 all )
tahoe 3,189 34 12/14/08 10:53 PM
by The shroomy 1
* *DELETED* Cultivate 2,966 8 04/14/08 06:12 AM
by HerbBaker
* Newbie planning first cultivation. hX_ 771 6 05/31/08 04:48 PM
by Neobean
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8718 8719 )
saralove 5,225,236 174,364 10/03/26 09:06 AM
by bluespirit13
* (YOUR) TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist: Semi Random Expressions of Gratitude for Awesome Confessions :}
( 1 2 3 4 ... 1170 1171 )
PsiloPsychIn 586,565 23,414 10/02/26 05:04 PM
by JW123
* I've cultivated... zetek 900 6 12/11/24 07:54 PM
by fahtster
* Dedicated To Agar 'Mushroom Cultivation' AND Links/Grow Logs/Other
( 1 2 3 4 all )
dumbfounded1600 49,117 60 09/16/10 04:41 PM
by RogerRabbit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
460,079 topic views. 12 members, 76 guests and 149 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.015 seconds on 16 queries.