Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | | Last >
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: StrontiumBob] * 5
    #29150697 -

StrontiumBob said:
Hey everyone.
First time grower here. I started on 6th January with some PE spores on standard BRF cakes. It seemed like forever before the jars colonised and thought they had stalled. After a quick search I wondered if there was CO2 build up and inverted the jars to let it out. Eventually they restarted and birthed them in a staggered way as each of the 12 seemed to fully develop.
Now the first 5 have started to produce and I am so excited.





I placed the cakes upside down on the wider end, but the baby shrooms seemd to be growing from the bottom, so I have now flipped them and seen 3 other cakes are developing babies.



Thanks for all the great advice here.

Bob



Welcome to the party! 🥳
Good job!


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: Scemilope] * 5
    #29150713 -

March 8, 2025

PE jumping off



--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: Dala] * 10
    #29150716 -

Award received and proudly displayed on my protective. Thanks for organizing this event, it has revitalized my love of culting after a rough slump.



--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: Scemilope] * 7
    #29151932 -

Update March 9th

MiB Ginger Pans proving to be resilient, even the lone tray that was left out of the FC (tray #9) seemed to be doing OK with less than ideal conditions, kinda reminded me of enoki for some weird reason.

Having harvested the first wave while most of the blocks were literally floating in water was entertaining to say the least.







Pan Bispo nicely colonizing 9 trays.

Minami Okinawa's fully colonized, lost 1 of 2 trays to mold (yep, the ugly embedded kind that won't show up until after the tray is pretty much ready to fruit). Sneaky MFer :mad2:

Outdoor TTBVI still on agar, after 2nd round lol :rolleyes:

Semp jars fully colonized and consolidating, maybe one more month before first one is sent to bulk? We'll see...:heart:

Rip GFK colonized jar.. ran out of coir, waiting for new batch to arrive yikes :sad:


--------------------
:ancientaliens:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: astra] * 6
    #29152060 -

I found a totally molded over leaf in the cube FC, so we'll see how well they hold up. Freaked me out because it was totally covered in trich.
Pinning pretty nice and evenly for 300 ml grain inoculated with T1 from MS.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 5
    #29152216 -

My trusty sous vide may have made its final run...


Had 3qts of Pan substrate pasteurizing last night, only about 30 minutes left on the cycle when I heard it flatline. Looked like the circulator stopped spinning, so I covered the pot with a towel and went to bed. But I have gotten my $'s worth x100 out of it, so time for a new one!


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 4
    #29152258 -

Bummer. That's the model I have, and I'm going to be sad when it bites the dust. When it does, I'll probably take it apart to see if it's salvageable (any component other than the controller board).

On topic...I actually started some plates on Jan 1, and even have a sporulating plate fruit on one of the transfers, but that's as far as I've gotten and I apparently just generally suck at keeping grow logs updated. :facepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: astra] * 3
    #29152458 -

Glad to hear you are back even though I do not know you at all! :lol:


--------------------
Be yourself. Don't hurt other beings, or expect hurt yourself. Love others, and expect love yourself.

Cybesa's Ultimate woodlover project



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: Phaethon] * 2
    #29152691 -

Phaethon said:
Bummer. That's the model I have, and I'm going to be sad when it bites the dust. When it does, I'll probably take it apart to see if it's salvageable (any component other than the controller board).




I bought mine from their kickstarter, it's the OG model. I've probably had it for 12+ years, so you should have plenty of cycles left in yours. Plus I have used mine a ton in the kitchen before I found out they can help with cult stuff.

About to spawn my single Pan jar, pics to follow.


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 6
    #29152769 -

Pan cyan, var. MiB - 2 shoeboxes and a 2qt square container:


Grain is rye, sub is black kow/straw/verm/coir/gypsum

Loaded into qt jars and pasteurized in the sous vide for 4 hours

spawn : bulk about 1:3 + thin top layer of coir (tub on right is pre top layer)

Fingers crossed! If I get any fruits I will be super happy.


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 2
    #29152802 -

Those look great!

:justcantwait:


--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 2
    #29153046 -

KlarnEvil9 said:
My trusty sous vide may have made its final run...


Had 3qts of Pan substrate pasteurizing last night, only about 30 minutes left on the cycle when I heard it flatline. Looked like the circulator stopped spinning, so I covered the pot with a towel and went to bed. But I have gotten my $'s worth x100 out of it, so time for a new one!




Couldn't be any worse than my POS jule(?) or the slow cooker, trust me on that. Once i got used to PC (manure based) substrate runs, there was no going back. As long as the spawn is flawless, the empty slate (sub) will colonize nicely. I've had blocks dumped outside never molding out even after 2 or 3 months, no joke. Ironically, when i do get mold (a rare sight nowadays, sadly) its from straight up coir lol :eek: My bucket prep blows 100% :rofl:

ps,
For some reason, my post doesn't seem to express what i was trying to say? I meant to say i'm sure your sous vide was much better than mine, also the fact that i'm really bad with such gadgets. Japanese clogging my English vocabulary as always. :sad:





cybesa said:
Glad to hear you are back even though I do not know you at all! :lol:



Truly appreciate this :heart::heart::hug:

Edited by astra (03/09/25 09:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: astra] * 4
    #29153076 -

astra said:
Update March 9th

MiB Ginger Pans proving to be resilient, even the lone tray that was left out of the FC (tray #9) seemed to be doing OK with less than ideal conditions, kinda reminded me of enoki for some weird reason.

Having harvested the first wave while most of the blocks were literally floating in water was entertaining to say the least.







Pan Bispo nicely colonizing 9 trays.

Minami Okinawa's fully colonized, lost 1 of 2 trays to mold (yep, the ugly embedded kind that won't show up until after the tray is pretty much ready to fruit). Sneaky MFer :mad2:

Outdoor TTBVI still on agar, after 2nd round lol :rolleyes:

Semp jars fully colonized and consolidating, maybe one more month before first one is sent to bulk? We'll see...:heart:

Rip GFK colonized jar.. ran out of coir, waiting for new batch to arrive yikes :sad:



I'm fairly certain this is the first Pans I've seen go back to spore. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise, you've done the thing.

Astra might be First Pan Fruit.


Lagm Tax:
I havw been super busy lately so unfortunately I have nothing to add even though I have a bunch of stuff going on for it :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: Axman] * 6
    #29153089 -

I appreciate the mention Axman :hug: but to be honest, i have zero clue about who's fruiting what or when LOL shame on me.. :rofl:

All i've been doing is posting random updates whenever possible like the colonizing bispo trays which will probably take me forever before i case, i'm slower than a garden snail trailing from one side to the other :oldman:
:icecreamsadness:

(5 semp jars consolidating under that red/white gingham cloth btw)


ps,
Lovely RS gill display :heart:



--------------------
:ancientaliens:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: Axman] * 8
    #29153197 -

My LAGM 2025 wrapped up with a second flush of tidal wave, my personal best 74.2g :mushroom2:






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: the_pizza_squirrel] * 2
    #29153234 -

:hellyeah:


--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: astra] * 2
    #29153353 -

Dala said:
Those look great!

:justcantwait:



Danke! I am wildly excited about these!


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: Kloakk] * 8
    #29153632 -

Kloakk said:
10.03.25.

Second flush of x7x+ coming in.






--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: Kloakk] * 6
    #29153656 -

I think Ax is right to notice Astra being first to fruit Pans in the thread... but I am not sure! I do know that her Pans look fantastic, though :awesomenod: I haven't been keeping up-to-date super well (speaking of which)

March 10th! The March 5th update, so good it's posted on the (5*2)th :rockon:
yes that's my excuse for being late. nothing to do with awful time management skills.

SO I made T2s on the 5th from the T1 that showed more rhyzo growth. Though my eyes aren't really trained yet, they looked to both be growing evenly. As of today, we have the following picture(s)


Plate A

Plate B


I also took a teeeeeny wedge into a 250ml or so jar of spare grain (not pictured). Could be a neat lil' tester as a fahtlock sandwich bag :cool:

If all goes well, I may be making a qt or two of WBS soon!


--------------------
There is no season when you are grown
You are always risen from the seeds you've sown
There is no reason to rise alone
Other stories given have sages of their own

Greene's LAGM 2025 Log!
Current Projects![/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2025 [Re: DV8DUG] * 4
    #29153675 -

DV8DUG said:
3-10-25

Been harvesting for a few days now. Here's some totals...

P. Cubensis var. KSSS
Tubs: 5 shoeboxes
Flush(s) to date: 1
Dry weight totals: 95 g.

P. Cubensis var. JFPE
Tubs: 4 - 20 quart and 2 shoeboxes
Flush(s) to date: 2
Dry weight totals: 233 g.

Pan Cyanescens
Tubs: 2 shoeboxes
Flush(s) to date: 1
Dry weight totals: 3 g.

P. Cubensis var. Leucistic KSSS
Tubs: 1 shoebox
Flush(s) to date: 0
Dry weight totals: 0 g.

+~+~+~+~+~+




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is growing mushrooms really this easy? dopemaster 9,761 15 01/02/19 02:45 PM
by Tweeq
* Growing mushrooms.. TheMagicalMushi 2,306 2 12/01/01 10:54 PM
by Hammerloaf
* Growing Mushrooms?
( 1 2 all )
SevHoeSev 3,674 22 02/27/03 03:48 AM
by CosmicTourist
* New here. Newbie questions.
( 1 2 all )
Ninja_Mushroom 7,974 27 09/09/08 11:05 AM
by FaeFire
* Ez-grow mushroom kit
( 1 2 all )
40oztofreedom 13,351 31 10/26/02 01:23 AM
by 40oz
* Easiest Way To Grow Mushrooms MazatecMon 52,870 7 04/18/02 05:23 PM
by LSD_4me
* So i've decided to grow mushrooms =) Professer_Puke 3,066 15 05/29/02 07:53 PM
by ChromeCrow
* Ez-Grow Mushroom Kit? DannyBoy 3,442 11 02/01/03 08:42 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
24,944 topic views. 7 members, 49 guests and 127 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.