Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
The Devil
    #2901668 -

Real, symbolic myth or psychological bugaboo?


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: Swami]
    #2901679 -

I think if any such being exists, by definition he thrives in the shadows..we will never know. God himself is probably barely aware of him.

I don't think he exists- I think he is the ultimate bogeyman figleaf for mankind to project their faults upon. "The devil made me do it."


--------------------
I am what Willis was talkin' bout.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: Jellric]
    #2901683 -

Everyone else has gone to bed - what does that tell us Jell?


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: Swami]
    #2901694 -

Perhaps we are given this sliver of time to wish ill upon our fellow S&P'ers..quick think fast for the day breaketh soon..


--------------------
I am what Willis was talkin' bout.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: Jellric]
    #2901703 -

Methinks we must both be possessed to not have normal needs for sleep and must repent.


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: Swami]
    #2901722 -

*throws back head and cackles gleefully*


--------------------
I am what Willis was talkin' bout.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: Jellric]
    #2901818 -

The mark of the beast!

*throws holy water on Jellric*

:smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: Swami]
    #2902098 -

The devil is real. He sells weed to children and makes quite a living.

or

An attempt to explain "bad" instincts.


--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: Swami]
    #2902106 -

A cop-out used by religious people to avoid having to think for themselves. If they are confronted with some logic which contradicts their beliefs, it is the work of the devil, and thus can and must be ignored.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: Jellric]
    #2902122 -

Quote:
God himself is probably barely aware of him.




Job 1:6-8 (NIV)
"One day the angels came to present themselves before the lord, and satan also came with them. The lord said to satan, " Where have you come from?" Satan answered the lord, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

Myself, I feel that satan(the devil) uses influence of thought to keep people from understanding them self's, and tries to prevent us humans from reaching "enlightenment". If satan is a real physical being or created from paranoid thoughts, or moral conviction I have no idea.

But if he and god get together for a chat every now and then, then one is just as real as the other.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: Swami]
    #2902135 -

I know the Devil...he lives inside of me....a good dude, but a troublemaker sometimes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: Swami]
    #2902144 -

why would he have so many advocates!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil *DELETED* [Re: redgreenvines]
    #2902206 -

Post deleted by dorkus

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: dorkus]
    #2902229 -

Kind of a Motel 666?


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: FlusH]
    #2902246 -

FlusH said:
Quote:
God himself is probably barely aware of him.




Job 1:6-8 (NIV)
"One day the angels came to present themselves before the lord, and satan also came with them. The lord said to satan, " Where have you come from?" Satan answered the lord, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."



I read through Job and it seems like there was a differant pantheon of Gods back then when this story came about. Somewhere in Job, I think Satan was referred to come and present himself before the lord with God's sons. Job 1:6

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: Swami]
    #2902332 -

The "Devil" is not quite an exact being or entity, but a state of being. Everybody has a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other shoulder.

The figure or image of the Devil, as I'm sure we all know, was created out of a primitive mindset to 'splainify why people do bad, bad, things sometimes.

Yet, even today, there are people walking around who passionately believe there is a red-tinted man-goat with a goatee, horns, pitchfork, and big black cape that will administer punishments in the form of pineapple-rectum insertations for all eternity, because you ate meat on Friday, and that is a big no-no according to an ethereal entity that is projected (and reflected upon) by Christian authorities.

Insane world.



--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: FlusH]
    #2902401 -

"One day the angels came to present themselves before the lord, and satan also came with them. The lord said to satan, " Where have you come from?" Satan answered the lord, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."


so wait a minute, the all knowing god asked a question of where satan came from??? how can this be?


symbolically i think the devil as skorp suggests rests on each of our shoulders. but it's just a piece of imagery to describe a certrain aspect of human behavior.


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: Swami]
    #2903003 -

evil does exist in many forms/shapes/ways...
There is a strong correlation between myth and psycholgy.


--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
......................................................
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: MAGnum]
    #2903067 -

Quote:
I read through Job and it seems like there was a differant pantheon of Gods back then when this story came about. Somewhere in Job, I think Satan was referred to come and present himself before the lord with God's sons. Job 1:6





I am not sure about this, my bible does not go this far into that scene. I only have a New International Version. I am not saying that you are making an untrue statement, I just don't know.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Devil [Re: kaiowas]
    #2903083 -

Quote:

so wait a minute, the all knowing god asked a question of where satan came from??? how can this be?




Who know's, maybe god was humoring satan?  I will ask god next time I see him ( I should be getting my cactus soon...):grin:

If a person believes that a god exists, then they most likely believe that the devil does as well.  However this person believes they exist will be true to them.  ie, if someone believes satan will come in the form of a ghost and repress you or implant suggestions, that might happen to that person.  Some might call this scizophrenia.  and if this really happened to said person, who really can say that the scizophrenic symtoms that are happening were not inspired by this greater being.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Could God Forgive the devil?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
sir tripsalot 17,703 124 04/25/02 03:47 PM
by sir tripsalot
* The Devil's Advocate Thread
( 1 2 all )
silversoul7 1,910 22 01/23/04 05:47 AM
by stara
* thou shalt not take the lords name in vane Dreamer987 3,390 15 04/12/04 05:40 AM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Devil's Hollow: a Halloween Tale Swami 1,211 9 11/01/02 11:56 PM
by Anonymous
* The Devils Element? Mycomancer 1,917 15 07/21/05 11:41 AM
by DoctorJ
* Devils versus Ducks SeussA 878 10 05/25/03 05:35 PM
by soylent_green
* What motivates the devil? Galvie_Flu 2,060 18 10/24/02 10:49 PM
by In(di)go
* the angel and the devil RebelSteve33 1,049 17 08/17/03 01:29 PM
by Strumpling

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,143 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 43 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.