Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
The Devil's Advocate Thread
    #2260968 - 01/21/04 09:47 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The rules are simple: pick a position which you disagree with, and see if you can effectively argue that position.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: The Devil's Advocate Thread [Re: silversoul7]
    #2260995 - 01/21/04 09:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Stealing candy from a baby is wrong, they cannot defend themself.
----

Children need to put on wait, and rot out there teeth. Come on? honestly, who would take candy from a baby!

waittt this is a shitty topic! im gonna do another one.

Science is the devil!

Science for centuries has distorted mans view of jesus christ our savior, no evidence has shown anything else to be so solid as the faith that the heavenly lord provides. Since when has science fed the needy and given people hope for a better future? Science is the key to sin! 

( :wtf: what have i done?!)

--------------------
What?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: The Devil's Advocate Thread [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2261007 - 01/21/04 09:59 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, who's gonna know? The baby's not even gonna remember it when it grows up.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2261099 - 01/21/04 10:38 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

jerking off in public is a spiritual activity......

nothing shows the love of god more than a man and his hand (sorry, women don't masterbate :wink:).  you have to release yourself from the judgement of others and just uh...let go.  if can't please yourself in front of others, then you first need to learn how to please yourself.  this is a good testing ground to see how comfortable you are with your own actions, and whoe knows, maybe you can get a little bit of help with it. this is the essence of spirituality.

:smile2:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: The Devil's Advocate Thread [Re: kaiowas]
    #2261178 - 01/21/04 11:06 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

everything is pointless. There is no absolute or final truth that can be comprehended by the human intellect. any field of study or aspect of faith is essentially a distraction, an indle indulgence, something to keep our minds busy and keep us from the realization that this whole world, our whole lives, have no purpose. We have no more importance than a pattern etched in the sand by the wind, and no more permanence. Life itself is a nothing, a freak accident, a brief phenomenon that flares like a match and just as quickly is extinguished, leaving the rocks of space once more to continue there meaningless rotations.

Humanity has failed. Rather, it has not failed because there was never anything at which it might have succeeded. Evolution serves no greater purpose. Adapt or die. Even if you do adapt, you will still die. Why get out of bed? why cling to the last moments of wakefullness? the big sleep will draw inexorably closer

kill yourself, and save the universe the trouble. Die now, of your own volition, throw your feces in the face of implacable nihilism and say 'i have a choice! i will not wait for you to pluck me senselessly from all that i have! i will not wait like an invalid, uselessly rotting! i choose to take my own life! i had no choice in my birth, no one asked my to play this cruel game! but i do have the choice to leave it, and i do so now! so fuck you world, im out!"

this is the only sensible path. Take this choice with courage now, or keep running until your breath fails and your legs give out, then lie down and die in the dust

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: The Devil's Advocate Thread [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2261240 - 01/21/04 11:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

wow that was convincing.

I'm gonna go shoot myself now.

J/K :lol:

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Offlinefalcon
In the green

Re: The Devil's Advocate Thread [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2261300 - 01/21/04 11:42 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

that was scary convincing, you should do this a Goth poetry reading

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
    #2261328 - 01/21/04 11:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

OK... 

I propose mass genocide to control an exploding human population growth..

Check this out .. 

We could intentionally infect some societies with a fatal disease that ferociously spreads itself through sexual contact.. [ heh heh heh..  Those bastards fuck too much anyways..  ]..  Hell, if we're lucky, it could eliminate those poor 3rd world  lowlifes and those  less than desireable "Homosexual FREAKS" !!

We can then weaken them further by injecting them with some sort of "flu vaccine"..
They'll think we are doi'n them a favor...  HA HA HAH ...  Little do they suspect..  We are breeding a  super bug !!!

Just for kicks, we can  anger   their cattle !  Alot of those fat bastards like those burgers'n stuff...  We'll kick'em where the sun don't shine !!! 

Without their regular diet, surely they'll starve!

Screw Kyoto !  Let's make the cars emission friendly and  cheaper to acquire !!  There's power in numbers !!  They'll all think that they are doing their part for their environment...  :lol:

Damn right they are! 

Produce, produce, PRODUCE!!!!

Don't worry..

To "throw the dogs off the scent", we can  pretend to have a global nuclear 'playfight'..  Everyone'll be so busy check'n out CNN for the highlights, we can work  undetected..  :shiftyeyes:

Fuck'em !

Those that cannot  help financially support our objectives will be frowned upon!!!  :nonono:

IT's gonna be OUR WAY or the HIGHWAY TO HELL :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: M W A HA HAHAHA H HAH HA Hah ha ha HA HAH HAhah h!!!!!  :lol:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: The Devil's Advocate Thread [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #2261766 - 01/22/04 02:54 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Bravo!  :laugh:

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2261871 - 01/22/04 03:45 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hitler was the worlds last best chance for survival.

Look at the world we live in. You know what I'm talking about; greed, corruption, pollution, race riots, starvation... Every part of our day is dividing what we have.

It was Hitlers plan to engulf the world in One Thousand Years of warfare. For the Arian race to practice and hone their skills in the one perfect theater, War. After a thousand years, the world would be free from all of the inferior races and the Arians would be supremely accomplished.

So, what are the Arians going to do after they have purged the earth? With no more black folks to lynch or jews to extend credit, the Arians would unite and create a true utopia. Surely it would be Star Trek style; no money, no hunger, no war, only the persuit of personal perfection.

With a planet full of people content enough not to wage useless war against their neighbour, striving to be great, united in a completed common goal, the only things left are the stars. We would see a planetary push to the heavens. The resources of the world would be centered, focusing on humanities everlasting empyreal endevour.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #2261881 - 01/22/04 03:48 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I disagree with this thread...

I'm The Devil's Advocate, not all of you guys.

Look at the words below my name.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2261896 - 01/22/04 03:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It's okay to steal, in some instances, as long as no one is personally affected.

For instance, if my boss abuses me at work, the best way to "get my own back" is to steal from my boss. Teach that fucker a lesson. Besides, he doesn't pay me enough to take his abuse.

Besides, no one is really hurt by it. Who's hurt? If I steal from my boss, he's so stupid, he probably won't even notice.

And if I steal a cup of coffee from Starbucks, it's okay, because they buy their coffee beans from third world countries that pay slave wages to the people who pick the beans just to stay barely alive. Ha! That'll teach Starbucks!

And if I steal from Walmart, well, sh-i-i-t! Walmart is "the Man"! Fuckin' conglomerate that buys stuff cheap from third world countries that exploit the labor of their citizens. Walmart deserves it!

But I won't steal from my nieghbor, cuz my neighbor will be hurt by my theft, and then karma might come back and bite me in the ass.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: The Devil's Advocate Thread [Re: Frog]
    #2261902 - 01/22/04 04:00 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Froggie... this is the DEVIL'S ADVOCATE THREAD. Shouldn't you be taking a Kantian approach to theft and declare that it's NEVER okay to steal?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2261905 - 01/22/04 04:02 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Actually, it is your right to steal from walmart. Walmart, like all buisinesses, incorporates consumer theft into it's prices. So it is you and me who pays for all the shoplifters, not walmart.

Now, I'm not saying that everyone should go clepto and only steal, well, then the one honest Joe would be paying a million dollars for milk. But, an every once in a while candy bar is expected of us.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: The Devil's Advocate Thread [Re: Sclorch]
    #2261915 - 01/22/04 04:05 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

But saying that "it's never okay to steal" would be arguing my position!  I'm playing devil's advocate, and arguing my opposition's side and saying it's okay to steal sometimes!    :wtf:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2261967 - 01/22/04 04:30 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

And just as a threat, if anyone thinks I am seriously posting in favor of stealing, I will drag my "thief" thread, which legitimately died, back to the top!

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2262007 - 01/22/04 04:57 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I think that Swami is an egotistical bastard. For one thing, that he chose the name "Swami" connotes egotism, and I can't abide egotism. For another, I don't like the way he consistently pokes holes in the arguments of other people who post here.

And I don't like the way he posts some off-handed sarcastic remark at a topic that has become serious. He should either post a serious response, or not post anything at all.

And he's not as smart as he acts like he thinks he is. Why, just by posting his sarcastic remarks, he shows he has nothing educated or intelligent to say on the matter!

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2262023 - 01/22/04 05:08 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, but cuteness triumphs all.  :cool:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: The Devil's Advocate Thread [Re: Swami]
    #2262028 - 01/22/04 05:17 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

(I hope everyone is keeping in mind the spirit of this thread! :grin:)

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #2263275 - 01/22/04 06:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Sarcasm is my favorite drug.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology