Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1935 | 1936 | 1937 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1941 | 1942 | 1943 | 1944 | 1945 | 1946 | 1947 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1951 | 1952 | 1953 | 1954 | 1955 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: RichMyco] * 1
    #28857481 -

RichMyco said:
Is there an ideal size syringe filter for making LC lids?



For a small batch, no filter is the best filter. Unmodified Lid. Leave 2/3 of air inside and swirl your pebbles every 3 or 4 days, voilá.


--------------------
“All this buttoning and unbuttoning”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: RichMyco] * 4
    #28857487 -

I just use a sfd like for everything else. :shrug:


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #28857530 -

Ok so this is my first time growing and I’m using the all n one grow bags. I’ve followed all sterilization procedures. I inoculated four bags on June 15th. I did the break and shake on 1 bag on July 6th (the grain was completely colonized) but the other 3 bags was only about 40% so I waited a few more day to  B&S those bags. The first bag recolonized extremely fast however the other 3 seems a bit slow.

My question: when should I put these into fruiting conditions? Especially the one that has completely recolonized. It has only been 9 days since the break ‘n Shake. I highly doubt the other three are ready for fruiting condition's for sure, but my concern is the one that recolonized so fast. Hopefully the pictures will help.
Thanks in advance






--------------------
"Believing in others is to radiate hope and love in life."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: SirPsycho]
    #28857538 -

I decided to move from PF tek to manuere based bulk substrate. I started two tubs which seamed to have colonized amazingly however I can't get them to start fruiting. What may i be doing wrong. Please help!

My substrate is made up of sheep manure (what was available), 20% coco coir, 20% vermiculite & gypsum. Is it possible that it was too wet? Or too cold?



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: xroom] * 4
    #28857547 -

Youre making things harder by not just using plain coir.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Psycho D] * 1
    #28857639 -

all in one bags are yikes! if you want to take the easy road, just buy colonized grain and a brick of cocobliss. doesnt need to be cooked or anything. just hydrate to field capacity and throw your colonized grain in it. youll have way gooder results

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: xroom]
    #28857653 -

are you giving it air!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PhenoDreamers]
    #28857670 -

He asked how to put it into fruiting conditions. So it is not getting enough air.

Putting things into fruiting conditions is actually considered to be obsolete information that has no relevance to the hobby. You could just put things into fruiting conditions as soon as it’s done consolidating.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 2
    #28857686 -

As soon as it’s sent to bulk*


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #28857843 -

Hey didn't say anything about putting them into fruiting conditions. He said he can't get them to fruit. I can tell just by looking at it that it's not getting air

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PhenoDreamers]
    #28858038 -

SupaThaRipper said:
all in one bags are yikes! if you want to take the easy road, just buy colonized grain and a brick of cocobliss. doesnt need to be cooked or anything. just hydrate to field capacity and throw your colonized grain in it. youll have way gooder results



Solid advice man! I appreciate it. I’ll try that with my next one. Do you think the white block is ready for fruiting conditions or should I wait longer? (It has only been 9 days since I did the break and shake)  I just don’t want to mess it up cause it looks sooooooo good.

Thanks again


--------------------
"Believing in others is to radiate hope and love in life."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Psycho D]
    #28858111 -

Psycho D said:
SupaThaRipper said:
all in one bags are yikes! if you want to take the easy road, just buy colonized grain and a brick of cocobliss. doesnt need to be cooked or anything. just hydrate to field capacity and throw your colonized grain in it. youll have way gooder results



Solid advice man! I appreciate it. I’ll try that with my next one. Do you think the white block is ready for fruiting conditions or should I wait longer? (It has only been 9 days since I did the break and shake)  I just don’t want to mess it up cause it looks sooooooo good.

Thanks again



Oh yeah. Never done AIO but this is probably the best I’ve seen. Looking forward to your fruit pics!


--------------------
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Shroomery “Clean spawn is easily the most critical component of the entire cultivation process.”
Drink the Water of Life and become Paul Muad’Dib.
Remember to surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Psycho D]
    #28858114 -

I still see what looks like a couple spots that could use a little more time yet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AspectOfTheCreator]
    #28858153 -

I know, I'm starting a new one up with just coco coir and vermiculite...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28858189 -

These tubs were supposed to be set and wait until harvest. They have four vent holes with microphone tape. I left one closed and flipped the lid on the other one so one is getting more aire than the other.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PhenoDreamers]
    #28858447 -

SupaThaRipper said:
I still see what looks like a couple spots that could use a little more time yet



I will definitely give it more time then. Thank you for your help


--------------------
"Believing in others is to radiate hope and love in life."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AzureCultivator]
    #28858450 -

AzureCultivator said:
Psycho D said:
SupaThaRipper said:
all in one bags are yikes! if you want to take the easy road, just buy colonized grain and a brick of cocobliss. doesnt need to be cooked or anything. just hydrate to field capacity and throw your colonized grain in it. youll have way gooder results



Solid advice man! I appreciate it. I’ll try that with my next one. Do you think the white block is ready for fruiting conditions or should I wait longer? (It has only been 9 days since I did the break and shake)  I just don’t want to mess it up cause it looks sooooooo good.

Thanks again



Oh yeah. Never done AIO but this is probably the best I’ve seen. Looking forward to your fruit pics!



If all goes well then I’ll have pics to post.

Thanks


--------------------
"Believing in others is to radiate hope and love in life."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: SirPsycho]
    #28858481 -

SirPsycho said:
BeefSupremeJr said:
SirPsycho said:
boxtrotalpha said:
I was afraid they might be. I had a habit of wearing shorts. Those will go from now on.

Time for some real noobie shit though. If I take the jar outside and scoop that out with a spoon then mix the rest with a qt of coir and leave it in my garage, what do you think the chances of getting fruit from it are?



Just bury it in the yard, in a shallow grave, in a shady spot



i told you man, i wanna be burned in my 4runner.  wait what are we talking about



Wait... You still actually believe I'm not just gonna take the rig?



:ifyoucanawe:


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #28858512 -

Hi all.

Any thoughts on the discoloured bits?  TTVBI, spawned on 6th, cased on 11th.

I'd run out of the tubs I usually use, so bought a couple from a local shop.  Instead of the 'usual' even lid, on these there's a sort of corrugated effect.

The usual tubs spawned at the same time are fine; they've just started pinning.

I'm thinking that the corrugated lids are causing water droplets to fall on the myc and causing the bubbly brown effect.  Does that sound feasible?  Im not sure whether to replace the lids with cling wrap to stop the drips - is there a chance they're causing anything other than cosmetic damage (assuming that it IS the drips)?

Many thanks.


--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Janus62]
    #28858513 -

Metabolites. That’s where the myc is fighting an infection.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1935 | 1936 | 1937 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1941 | 1942 | 1943 | 1944 | 1945 | 1946 | 1947 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1951 | 1952 | 1953 | 1954 | 1955 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Question for PF strain growers!
( 1 2 all )
biglo 3,587 22 02/12/03 01:30 PM
by joseconseo
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Quick Question on Amount... kingkoopa 597 5 04/15/03 07:57 PM
by robinhood2

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,155,166 topic views. 16 members, 59 guests and 123 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.065 seconds spending 0.039 seconds on 16 queries.