Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1922 | 1923 | 1924 | 1925 | 1926 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1931 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1937 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1941 | 1942 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #28843128 -

Ah okay so you're worried about contam problems when it's time to actually open the lid. I see your dilemma.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28843129 -

Ultimately. I plan on getting an FFU. Which means I can open my jar in front of it and have it stuck in the cleaned air that it’s pushing over it. Which will end my problems once and for all.

But for everyone else that has this issue. I want to know is there something I can do that would prevent my jars from being vacuum sealed and trying to suck in a bunch of air.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #28843131 -

with unmodded you just have to let them cool down g, if someone else has a trick, i'm here for it.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head]
    #28843134 -

I let them cool down for days. Completely just at room temperature.

I do this for two reasons. To ensure that my grains are indeed contamination free before the jars are opened. Which they were I inspected them. There was nothing wrong with any of them.

To prevent condensation.

But vacuum sealed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28843136 -

For Cubes would it benefit to mix in Hpoo with my coir if I can get it for free? It’s on the ground across from my house in the woods. Or just go with straight coir?


--------------------
Just along for the ride…

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #28843137 -

go with straight coir for cubes


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #28843139 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
I let them cool down for days. Completely just at room temperature.

I do this for two reasons. To ensure that my grains are indeed contamination free before the jars are opened. Which they were I inspected them. There was nothing wrong with any of them.

To prevent condensation.

But vacuum sealed.




let them cool loose in the pc, tighten lid when taking out.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #28843140 -

so prevent the vacuum from forming in the first place. just like a 500ml media bottle. unmodded lids need to be slightly backed off in the pc or you invite disaster and risk an event. if you need to get them right out of the pc, unmodded might not be the way to go.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head] * 1
    #28843144 -

I already said I let them cool in the PC. They’re already pretty unscrewed.
It’s been bugging me out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #28843145 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
I let them cool down for days. Completely just at room temperature.

I do this for two reasons. To ensure that my grains are indeed contamination free before the jars are opened. Which they were I inspected them. There was nothing wrong with any of them.

To prevent condensation.

But vacuum sealed.




Way over thinking this, I use unmodified all the time they never suck contams in or seal but I leave mine cracked while in the pc, what type of lids u got?


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cronicr]
    #28843147 -

Just classic mason.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28843148 -

So you’re suggesting maybe slightly having the lids off on the top and then quickly pushing them over and then screwing them on.
That sounds like the best option. I’m really looking forward to that FFU so when I open the PC in front of it.
My mind will be at ease. But I’m sure other people have had this issue so as long as you’ve done this and open them in your essay and had no issue. I’ve had very few issues. But I do believe it’s from the vacuum seal getting broken.

It’s not a gigantic amount either it’s just that you wonder.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28843149 -

Like metal 2 piece mason? Mod those lol , or cut the rubber out but that's too much work


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #28843150 -

ok genesis i think i get what youre saying, and unfortunately theres no middleground. with unmmodded lids you need a single piece ball leakproof storage lid or other plastic one piece lid, you just have to leave a little more room when you back the lid off before you put them in the pc.. does that track or help answer your question?


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #28843152 -

i have never tried unmodded with a 2-piece lid especially metal but when i use metal lids i flip the disc upside down and put it beneath the sfd.

edit -by flipping the lid you prevent the rubber from formig a seal with the glass so that the lid can come off easily when you inoculate. alternatively you can place the sfd on the bottom but again this requires a mod to your metal lid. i use 1 1/4" hole.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Edited by fiddle_head (07/09/24 01:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head]
    #28843244 -

My unmodded one piece lids only pull a vaccuum if I either close them before they are cool or they weren't unscrewed enough in the first place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head]
    #28843268 -

i’ve done what fiddle is saying multiple times with no issues. definitely not my preference but it’ll get the job done.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tyga772] * 6
    #28843272 -

A couple of dabs of rtv or some micropore tape turn metal 2 piece lids into 1 piece lids that can be treated just like the plastic 1 piece lids


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: SirPsycho]
    #28843292 -

Any guides on cultivating ergot? Or where to acquire spores/cultures?


--------------------
Thank your postal workers when you see them. None of this would be possible without them.

Necessity is the mother of invention

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: EniQma]
    #28843502 -

So I'm guessing grey isn't what we're looking for when it comes to semperviva as well? I did 7 jars and I think 4 are no good lol. What do my semperviva people think?


--------------------
What seems to be the officer, problem?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1922 | 1923 | 1924 | 1925 | 1926 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1931 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1937 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1941 | 1942 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,527 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,801 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,153,739 topic views. 16 members, 69 guests and 85 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.057 seconds spending 0.036 seconds on 16 queries.