Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | | Last >
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: ellamush]
    #28793073 -

"Maggie"


Magpie leaves her perch
In pursuit of push bike. Swoop!
goes the militant.


--------------------

Edited by ellamush (05/30/24 03:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: ellamush]
    #28793125 -

It's funny, what they call a robin in America is not a robin at all, and magpies are totally absent, but the family of squirrels far redeems with whites and blacks and long legged foxy squirrels too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #28793162 -

Squirrels are cool, but I only met the British ones!
What is a robin then?

And if I lived in the US I'd befriend 50 raccoons, coz they are quite simply the coolest animals.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: ellamush]
    #28793181 -

I have a new raccoon that we watch go into the dumpster just about every night. Lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: ellamush]
    #28793190 -

ellamush said:
Squirrels are cool, but I only met the British ones!
What is a robin then?

And if I lived in the US I'd befriend 50 raccoons, coz they are quite simply the coolest animals.



LOL, I was sitting still and raccoons came up to me inquisitively but then I moved. A trail of breadcrumbs would help I guess; the robins here have a prehistoric resemblance, imo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: ellamush]
    #28795681 -

ellamush said:
"Mycelium"

Mere sporophores

You and I are visible

Limbs of a great fungus



More in common

Than what is seen by

Our four naked eyes



Naked always

In body and mind

Forever seeking



A mind well shared

Healthy fruiting body

Deeper connection


By ellamush


I posted a standalone thread and got a nice reply from a fellow Shroomerite. Hopefully they post here too



Okay okay since you asked ...

LewDoja said:
Inspired by ellamush

Interwoven

Mere filaments
You and I are tendrils
Threads of a vast web

Roots run deeper
Beneath our surface
Four eyes can’t fathom

Bare always
In body and soul
Forever exploring

Our minds entangle
In a shared network
Unity grows strong



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: LewDoja] * 1
    #28795770 -

Nice one :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: ellamush]
    #28796102 -

Some sht I just garbled

I walk on needles:
Mist is all
no rain
Missed I fall
tall pain
no Wish to opine
sigh Wall I call fine
Why Miles lie in lines
lit low to Malign

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: Blue_Lux]
    #28797659 -

Blue_Lux said:
Some sht I just garbled

I walk on needles:
Mist is all
no rain
Missed I fall
tall pain
no Wish to opine
sigh Wall I call fine
Why Miles lie in lines
lit low to Malign



Inspired  by Blue_Lux

Quote:
I tread on whispers, 
Veil of mist, still skies, 
Found I rise, soft cries, 
Thoughts drift, unspoken.

Breath, space, peace unbroken, 
Paths weave gentle signs, 
Light lifts, none malign.

I move through echoes, 
Fog enfolds, dawn's embrace, 
Caught I stand, pain erased, 
Voice soft, yet clear.

Calm, walls disappear, 
Paths merge, fate aligns, 
Hope shines, peace I find.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: LewDoja]
    #28798168 -

I like it but you can rhyme better words than sky and cry. i think the commas also could be taken out in a few places. other than that yeah i don't know really what a good poem is anymore. Virgil's Aeneid was actually commissioned. William Blake was decrepit. I have his letters. He writes in many places that he simply can't get out of bed. Whatever anyone gets from any piece of poetry in my opinion is valid. For me pine trees remind me of many places..

edited: only if it is written by a sentient person capable of understanding language, not some ai junk

Edited by Blue_Lux (06/02/24 10:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: LewDoja]
    #28798243 -

here, make a poem with me. start with one word, and then make something from it. i'll give you a word, and i will do one with the same word.

tile

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: LewDoja] * 1
    #28798244 -

What poetic utterance now should there be?
words with depth wash away like the sea
why our spoken history became prosaic
like broken tiles of an ancient mosaic
Venus and her hippocentaurs ripple
breaths in a beautiful chariot crippled
yet streaming still, like a lover's hair on the shore
or wings of doves, or a raven's nevermore
The feathers of Icarus were made into pens
locked in the labyrinth they spelled out sins,
then stocked the libraries with contrived pages
and lied to the world for years and ages
that there were anything ever but love worth living for
everything being present, while never knowing war
it is a fact conquering truly resides in another's eyes
but in their spirit, in their light, not in any demise

Edited by Blue_Lux (06/02/24 11:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: Blue_Lux] * 1
    #28799510 -

:vibin::congrats:

"Said all that, just So i could say Lady-Ween"

-Dan Cummins

  Tiles
Love 'em or hate 'em
Paint them or glaze them
Bake 'em or Break 'em
It only takes one them
Down goes the rest of them
DOMINOS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: Blue_Lux] * 1
    #28799711 -

Am tired of the sham.

The global elite
delighting in every treat
of the human meat.

People are waking up and it is time to decide
what mind coersion do I want to ride?

Thank God I can see through
like most in the shroomery do

The fake and the authentic
psychedelics IME see through it

Then with the knowledge and wisdom
one sees through the dumb

The masquerade.  The show.
What stops people to know

Not complicated but this next half year will be interesting
is not complicating

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: Barnaby] * 2
    #28813207 -

Suffering (Redux)


Our existence is suffering, so saith the sage
One bemoans, languishes, gets depressed or enraged
Is this state a baseline for all of existence?
Or can we by degrees win peace with persistence?

It does not help that men dwell on, neurotic
The lofty idea of pure joy is quixotic
A serene contentment is what one should ask
Of ourselves and of nature, now that is our task

The greatest blight on the majority seems
The terror of death, the perishing of dreams
I tell you right now: such thought is unnatural
That death must be horror is not truly factual

Look to the fauna for a more humane viewpoint
From their perspective there is no real disjoint
Calm acceptance is truth, lack of obsession key
Consequently the animals are more, much more free

I submit that our mind space is in fact pathological
The corruption runs deep in our web neurological
What is happening is what we do to ourselves
There is no force but our own that the devil compels


--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: DividedQuantum] * 1
    #28813482 -

:snoopyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28813620 -

Time keeps on slippin, into the future.

It does and what is gone and what is to come
means more to others and to some almost none

Yes, not a fan of Steve Miller but I got that lyric from his song
right before I pulled up, when on the radio, to a man that knows how to carry on

Yes, we had radios then, yet I learned from him
He put out a map, of what a human could be

In all our potential and come up short
was told to think of life as not in a cult

Not under him, or anyone really
was under probation and check-in's, felt like eternity

This was long ago and those that get it, it. 
When that door shuts for the very first time

And one can't go out, no cares if one doubts
LSD is bad
makes me mad

Yet was a felony in Utah and I had my experience
awhile ago, and now it is fear and interference

Won't take it again in my old age
more into the bark and vine, not the other

I see through each other.



Was awhile back
don't fear people
least of your trouble

Yet will always fuck with me, those times. 
Really doesn't need a rhyme.

I don't even go out on holidays not vacationing in Utah
Hard won wisdom, guess it comes in all kinds and to Utah go Blah

That really sucked, and think why I am such an asshole to so many.:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: Barnaby] * 1
    #28834507 -

here's the real poem Cud, I posted. Not the greatest poem. is about my ex.
in the pinkpocketbook

call it a lesson in graphology...





--------------------
my fond address; the laudable bodice of the formidable goddess

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: Porphyra]
    #28834579 -

Here’s a nifty trick. I’m not sure it would work On cursive though.
If you’re on iPhone and you saved a picture with text on it. You can highlight And copy it. Then paste it.
Because I’m having a hard time reading your cursive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Post Your Own Poetry Thread. [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28834627 -

it's not necessarily meant to be read by anyone but me. I can read it perfectly, but of course that is not my normal handwriting. I thought perhaps I could get something out in that moment about it literally on paper, and so take it as a sort of graffiti poem. accentuations on certain words wasn't even done on purpose. I found that I did this and I was like jeez this is bizarre shit and then I remembered. I have moments of frenzy. It is hard to explain. Sometimes I lash out. :shrug: That's why I keep to myself and only luckily, by such weird circumstances, something like a real spell, have my hub to keep me in check. I try my best. Sometimes I can channel it into poetry or art or something.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* DnB/Jungle/Ragga Jungle Thread....... PIMPtheSYSTEM 1,302 8 09/26/03 11:45 AM
by PIMPtheSYSTEM
* poetry poetry poetry Kid_A 1,247 2 02/07/19 03:33 PM
by crossbowchristian
* Poetry.com Scarfmeister 1,055 2 04/22/03 02:44 PM
by rommstein2001
* Poetry GrowingVines 2,780 19 10/01/02 07:12 AM
by Frog31337
* Poetry rommstein2001 1,747 8 06/14/03 05:38 PM
by rommstein2001
* Original Poetry, and HI :D HeavyD 513 0 11/20/03 04:55 AM
by HeavyD
* Poetry? JCoke 3,265 14 02/19/05 11:15 PM
by DirtMcgirt
* hmmmm, first go at poetry CrispyInfidel 781 7 11/26/04 03:34 AM
by CrispyInfidel

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
232,300 topic views. 0 members, 9 guests and 11 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.