Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
sleepy rabitt
poetry poetry poetry
    #1293465 - 02/09/03 01:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

evening all; this is my first post here in creative arts.
i was curious to see if there are any other poets lurking these boards, and if they'd care to post any of their work for all to enjoy. also, i'm interested in what states of consciousness you find are most comfortable to write in. are there any substances that you find lower your creativity, or make it far too difficult to create anything intelligent or worthwhile? and well, i think i'll go right ahead and share a current piece of my own to get things started...

the weather gets hard as coil of metal and we toss all the junk onto the failing ground

it's very simple (no skin torn off from the body) to desert the current.
to dissociate form the tendrils of the wind, licking the face, (feels fine till the skin breaks off)
the arctic tendrils,
tentacle wrappings, so pragmatic to pull you deeper to its center it's so easy to remove the feet from ice and slick the shoes upon the grass, (god damn ignored but dead, all the same) slick the shoes in a purposeful step and stab into the degenerative lapping of detuned wind song blowing strong;
to unwrap the skin (a little rip beneath the neck, a minor slack of pain in a peck,(one might suck the blood of a wound in first reaction to increase the plain infection))
and to deflect the wind till it calms gentle please don't hold the flesh in general when it's unwise to let it out.
when it's unwise to watch a body's destruction
it's a detriment to not be meant
when the wind is awash
with industrial scent
the skin is unkind to be broke apart,
by a coincidental
north heart, finger bit
- - - - - -
and i hope that was to someone's liking.

the only thing worse than bad memories
is no memories at all

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: poetry poetry poetry [Re: Kid_A]
    #1294041 - 02/09/03 05:51 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I used to be a coke head then finally quit and kept a journal of shit. Some of its serious and some of it is just bullshit that I thought sound good. I'd try to make up lyrics, I think its pretty close to poetry.

Coke and Rhyming
Things been weird these few days
Ever since doin that muthafuckin' yay

Cuz its the cri-dizzle-d
I never done speed
Not smoke crack
Cuz it aint for me

I got a 1.1 on my SAT
My brain's so gone from poppin E

But now there's a resurrection in me
Have a smile run a mile and be drug free (cept shrooms)
Things are gonna change in my world
Maybe one day I'll be the Duke of Earl

The Red Man
Tonight I was in Awe
For something I saw
A man suited in red
One legged on a sled

With a stick in each hand
This man had a plan
He was doing something not many other can
wow I thought I admire this man

How crazy is this
one leg to do little with
I admire this man
He just won't give in

One night I was playing pick up hockey and this guy with one leg and a sled came on the ice, I coudln't believe it. He wasn't as good as the others but he told me how its an actual sport for the disabled.

One of those on going thought poems
Build over time and now all I hear are whines. So I kick my head, can't sleep in bed, for it seems the pain will never end. I'll pull out of this drought and bring myself about and stop these wasteful ideas. For the day has gone, I'm left with the deception that haunts me. And lies that taunt me, idiots that surround me. Now the night, somehting I look forward to but could also bring fright, but brings me insight of what is to come. Then comes the day with the rising sun. The same phenomena that blinded my eyes. I suppose shit like this balances all lives. And all the things that have been said and done with sorrow, hatred, and happiness have all but yet even to begun. To be taken by the shot of a gun or a drunk driver who was only out for fun. Then a new life is born to replace the lost and with each new life is hope that'll repeat itself until everything is used up and then everything will be gone.

I'm done,

The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media