Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Aliens [Re: silversoul7]
    #2860319 - 07/05/04 11:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

trendal said:
Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
More about the Mayans...did they happen to mention why they desanctified their temples and abandoned their cities?

No...they were too busy being killed by white men with guns and smallpox-infected blankets :smirk:

I believe you're thinking of the Aztecs.  The Mayans died out before they ever could come in contact with white people.

As the Olmecs, the Mayans disappeared and left no evidence as to their departure.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Aliens [Re: psyka]
    #2860945 - 07/06/04 08:22 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"As the Olmecs, the Mayans disappeared and left no evidence as to their departure. "

You are misinformed read any of the current literature (archeology not occult literature) and you will see that my previous post was an accurate summary. The Mayans left hundreds of written records giving clues to the reason for the abandonment of their cities. The Mayan Indians are still dwelling in Southern Mexico and Guatemala. Read "Conflict in Chiapas: Understanding the Modern Mayan World" by: Worth H. Weller for background on the Mayans in present day.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Aliens [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2861025 - 07/06/04 09:07 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"Archaeologists estimate that at their peak, 1 to 2 million Native Americans lived within the borders of present day Belize. Mighty cities such as Caracol, Xunantunich and Lamanai dotted the landscape, with small agricultural communities farming the land between. The Maya civilization is divided into the Pre-Classic (1000 B.C. to A.D. 300), the Classic (A.D. 300 to 900) when the civilization reached its height of development, and the Post-Classic (A.D. 1000 to 1500) when the civilization fell apart and disappeared."

http://www.mayawalk.com/html/maya.html
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=maya+disappearance

Ah, I see what you're saying. You're stating evidence as to WHY they disappeared. I'll try to check out that book you mentioned.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Edited by psyka (07/06/04 09:11 AM)

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Aliens [Re: Shroomism]
    #2861141 - 07/06/04 10:14 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
I'm just trying to say that sentient, intelligent life is maybe abundant in the universe, and the human form may be not as unique as we might think.

Who's to say for sure.. I guess we'll find out when we do.

I completly agree with that. Like I said, how everything came to be and the earth was formed isn't some freak thing, (unless you're a creationalist) but if you go by scientific fact/therory (aka logic) then it should be very common intthe various galaxys that there would be planents just like earth and life on them and depending how long life has been there either primitive or highly advanced forms of life. :stoned:

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: Aliens [Re: Shroomism]
    #2868274 - 07/08/04 09:30 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Who's to say for sure.. I guess we'll find out when we do.
I don't understand.. on the one hand you are making all these claims about aliens, and then you're saying, "well, maybe"

which is it? And I know you're sensitive about the planet X fiasco and we've been over this before, but to me that was a big chance for you to prove that your alien contacting could actually come into "ordinary" reality and have effects.. in this case a prediction. Obviously you failed to prove your sanity that round (I'm implying that being an alien contactee qualifies you as insane -- no offense).

What I really want from alien people is I want them to bring back something from alien contact that has repercussions in ordinary reality.. a piece of technology, some kind of specific prediction, anything to prove that alien encounters do more than give us a little sci-fi/fantasy game to play in our heads. That's all I need!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Aliens [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2868618 - 07/08/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

anything to prove that alien encounters do more than give us a little sci-fi/fantasy game to play in our heads

Roswell debris allegedly covered a square mile or more, yet not a single piece of magic tinfoil has ever showed up. Knowing human nature, that is an impossibility. Case closed.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order