Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleQuarryman
Stranger

Loc: Tennessee
Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #8099648 - 03/03/08 09:26 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

After tring to lucid dream using the WILD technique I can fall into sleep paralysis whenever I want. Not that I want to, but I don't really mind it. When you're wigggling yourself out of it, if feels REALLY good though.

Edit: To those of you who would like to be able to get out of the sensation; you have to move smaller muscles first. Work on your toes and fingers, and then arms and legs.

Edited by Quarryman (03/03/08 09:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: sh0e]
    #8100042 - 03/03/08 11:17 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

Sleep paralysis used to freak out my shit. I realized that when my sleep schedule was somewhat normal and I wasn't stressed that it would happen to me. But it used to happend like 3 nights a week or so.

InvisibleFredrock
bound for shadygrove
Male

Loc: philadelphia
Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: Rebirtha]
    #8106121 - 03/05/08 01:15 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

Sleep Paralysis, Hynogogia (I know I spelled it wrong), thats something that happens to me several times a month.

Sometimes it will be more then once a week but its generally I will fall into that void while genuinely trying to sleep. I will shake my leg till I wake up (shaking my leg always works for me, though sometimes its faulty), and once I wake up, I usually plummet right back to sleep. This happen to anyone else? When your first shaking out of it and waking, falling back unconscious is hard to fight.

But now its extremely lucid. once i can get control of it, you can have lots of fun. Play music in your head, have conversations with all the voices, provoke sensations, think to yourself

Used to be like I would hear footsteps, the door swinging open, people screaming my name, a fire alarm, police car, whatever. It would have me panicing and shaking as hard as I could to wake up, but over years I have gotten used to it. It is undeniably tense, when it happens, but manageable.

Oh and, I thought I should mention. When I go 2-3 weeks without smoking marijuana- it tends to happen alot more frequently.

Also mid afternoon naps, right after school, used to always trigger it when it first began few years back.

im also glad to see that its not such an uncommon thing

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains of N. America Flag
Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: Fredrock]
    #8107627 - 03/05/08 07:07 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

You know I've been experiencing something along these lines recently, but I don't think I would have described it as "sleep paralysis". Maybe it isn't.

I usually get a pretty good nights sleep, a good 8 hours. But right when I first wake up, I'll wake up out of a dream, crack my eyes open and see that I'm in my room. Now this is when I find that difficulty fighting off the "falling back into unconsciousness" that you describe. At first I realize I've awoken, but my mind is still in the "dream state". I'll close my eyes again just for a second and ZIP its like I'm back in the dream again. Only now I feel more like I'm watching a movie or writing a novel in my head. It doesn't feel like i'm the character, but like i'm watching someone else. A while later i'll open my eyes again, to see that 10 or 15 minutes have passed but to me it felt like I only closed my eye lids for a few seconds. Sometimes this will go on with me for a few hours, and when I lapse back into unconsciousness sometimes the "movie" or "track" changes, and i'm seeing something completely different.

All the while I feel like I could open my eyes and get out of bed If i wanted to. I know i'm almost awake, but i'm just asleep enough where I can either choose to keep sleeping or wake up. Does that sound a little nuts or what?

--------------------
Word to your mom.

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mind Exploration Flag
Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: BrainChemistry]
    #8127294 - 03/10/08 12:26 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

I had an episode of sleep paralysis last night.  After reading some of your posts I decided to try a few things.  First I tried moving some small extremities, I started with moving my finger.  After a few attempts it worked! (although it only moved a half an inch at the most)  I tried to work up to moving my arm but failed.  Since moving my arms didn't work I figured I had no chance of waking myself up so I decided to try another technique discussed in this thread.  I wanted to enter a lucid dream state, so I concentrated really hard on euphoria and was able to create an ecstatic ecstasy like experience.  Waves of pleasure pulsated through my entire body, it was really nice but only lasted maybe a minute.  Unfortunately I was unable to visualize a world of my choosing as described by some lucid dreamers, I actually didn't see much of anything, just some geometric patterns and colors.  I must have exited this state because all I remember past this was other dreams in which I seemed to have little or no control over.  BTW I think this episode was brought on because I was unable to to go to sleep until about 4:30am due to the fact I was writting a paper.  Next time I will try again to create an artificial dream state or at the least another hedonistic ecstasy feeling :grin:.

--------------------

Come on breakthrough with me...such wonders terrify the soul...it's real no need to question...knowledge infiltrates the host

Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Loc: Right in the Middle
    #8128876 - 03/10/08 07:33 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Happens to me when im totally exhausted and have quite a bit of caffeine right before falling asleep. I dont like it, and i agree with trying to fight it makes it worse.

Its weird finally finding out there's actually a definition to what that was randomly happening to me over the years being it OBE's/Sleep paralysis... whatever. I always just thought it was my body resisting switching itself to the "idle" position quick enough. Resulting in me getting stuck in the middle of sleep and awake, not being able to move.

Offlineallisthesame
Stranger

Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: large_dose]
    #8130888 - 03/11/08 08:18 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

I've jolted awake and screamed at the op of my lungs "Everything is the same!" once after sleep paralysis. And once I had to lay in bed and state at the colorful dragon entity coming through a portal at the foot of my bed during sleep paralysis... I swear DMT equals sleep... but I can't be too sure. All I know is YIKES!

--------------------
Guess what?; You...

A spot of Sunshine: We are energy,... matter is energy that simply has been reduced to a crawl and condensed together to form something.

Offlinenickspurs
Back from the dead...
Male

Loc: Cambridge, UK Flag
Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: Ginseng1]
    #8130987 - 03/11/08 09:02 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Ginseng1 said:
Anyway, I think there is a big terror that is happening on a mass scale. Affecting the majority of the people on this planet, not realizing that they are all asleep in a waking-dream state, unaware of what the true reality has for us.

It's called sheep paralysis.

Sorry, this cracked me up!

I have had sleep paralysis about 3 times, I couldn't work out what was happening. I just woke up and my body was seized up and it felt like I was fitting is the best I can describe it. My head felt like it was going to explode and I seriously thought I was dying. Tried to shout out to call my dad but nothing came out. Eventually subsided and I went back to sleep but it was very strange indeed..

--------------------
Cambridge born. Well travelled. Still learning life...

Twitter: @nickyb1982

My YouTube Channel

OfflineWavelength
Space Monkey
Loc: Somewhere between the eth...
Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: nickspurs]
    #8137364 - 03/12/08 03:04 PM (16 years, 10 days ago)

I've been down this road before.

For me, it's been a relatively new phenomenon. It's only occurred in the past 2 years or so.

The first time I ever experienced it, was at a particularly weird point in my life. You see, only about a month or so prior to this, I had a horribly bad lsd trip in which I was convinced I met the devil himself. This was all coupled with an impending rainstorm that had the clouds swirling into the forms of pentagrams. Shortly thereafter, I saw a type of grey I had not seen since I had an OBE as a child. Not exactly the religious and spiritual breakthrough everyone hopes for, but I digress...

Anyways, the first episode was coupled with a feeling of being electricuted. It was horribly painful, unlike any other dream I've ever felt before. We are talking REAL pain, like the kind from a taser or a bad episode with an electrical fence. When I tried to awake, I found myself completely unable to move. My body was physically dead, but my mind was active. I could remember trying to move, trying to fight off the sleep, but it was a losing battle and I eventually drifted away.

The next couple of times were in a domicile that was always doing weird shit to my brother and I. You see, this neighborhood had been built upon an old graveyard. The developers had gradually bought out this land over time and built over it, piece by piece. This house was somewhat unnerving. We'd hear footsteps upstairs, downstairs, see slight apparitions in the windows, you know standard paranoid stoner crap.

What was crazy were the times when I'd feel like I was suffocating and I'd awake at the last minute. I was facing up and there was nothing even close to my head or neck. Shit was crazy. This coupled with bad dreams is enough to make one question your sanity....until I spoke with an actual shaman.

This shaman was actual of Oriental descent, but had studied everywhere. I spoke to him about the coinciding events in my life. Everything was discussed, my dreams, my experiences, my hallucinations, my astrological signs, and my beliefs. He didn't give me that bullshit "Everything is meant to be" that so many cop out on. No this man spoke in a different tone.

He told me that when we dream, we occasionally enter what he calls the World of Dreams. This is a place where we can unlock details into our lives. Many are able to see into the future in their dreams. They will have details about people that are close to us, events that coincide with us, even clues as to what we are supposed to do. We can only interpret them for ourselves, as we are guarded as to what we actually see believe and do.

The sleep paralysis he said, was due to bad entities. In alot of places, there are people of all religious descents living very closely together. He said this is not always a good thing. One wrong could affect many people. He told me to burn incense or sage and try to distance myself from the people that affect my sanity in a negative way. We all have those fools.

I've followed his advice for the past 6 months and WHAM. No sleep paralysis and a general good feeling of health. This also has to do with not being stuck in a rut. But burn that incense FOOL.

I have also found having a gun close to where you sleep is always good practice. Never know when those ninja ghosts are gonna roll through

Offlineasian_raggs
Stranger
Male

Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: Wavelength]
    #8146444 - 03/14/08 03:30 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

I've had experiences with this as a child. and frankly for the developing years i thought i was just abducted by aliens. it kind of disappointed me to learn that it was just sleep paralysis. haha. i think i'll just stick to the alien story.

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
    #8146505 - 03/14/08 03:49 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

It is strange though how sleep paralysis can lead to OBEs. I have felt that electrical fence thing but I went through it and popped out of my body into the astral plane. It was creepy as hell though, it makes me think that sleep paralysis and OBEs is not a healthy thing for the body or mind, but there are many ways to interpret it.

I personally don't believe it is entities - I think it has more to do with your body falling asleep too fast to your mind, or something to that effect. By the way, scientists can induce OBEs in a lab now by stimulating a certain part of the brain. I don't know if that means anything.. OBEs are still incredibly strange.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: sh0e]
    #8146980 - 03/14/08 06:18 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

You are all very lucky! I sincerely wish I had sleep paralysis.

Why? because sleep paralysis is the ideal state from which to achieve an out of body experience. Once you become aware of being paralyzed in this way, simply relax and envision yourself floating upwards out of your body. Believe me, this will relieve your fear!

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #8147136 - 03/14/08 07:05 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

It is strange though how sleep paralysis can lead to OBEs.

OBEs are imaginary and the propensity for mystic heads to immediately assign to an OBE anything weird that happens when they're asleep is very amusing.

OBEs have never been confirmed even though people have been claiming to have OBEs for centuries, and science heads have been trying to confirm them for decades.

If there was anything real to OBEs, someone claiming to have them would have been able to conclusively demonstrate them by now by telling a researcher what page number the test phone book in the next room is opened to or by describing the test object on the roof of the building the person claiming OBEs says they hover over.

What's actually found during these tests is that the person who claims OBEs never even comes close to doing what they say they can do. It's a simple thing to test that anyone who REALLY DOES astral project should be able to pass, but no one ever has.

What's more, neurological science has identified the region of the brain responsible for the OBE illusion and can even induce a full blown (but of course, imaginary) OBE on demand.

There is a region in the brain called the Angular Gyrus (AG). It's located in the parietal lobe (top-back) of the brain near where the sense of balance is processed. The AG is larger in hominids than in other primates. It's involved in language processing and particularly in the comprehension of metaphors.

The relationship to OBEs was first found while treating a woman for epilepsy in the 1990s. To localize the source of the patient's seizures, doctors at the University Hospitals of Geneva and Lausanne in Switzerland implanted electrodes in the patient's brain. With the patient awake and her skull opened, they probed her brain with the electrodes to map the pathology and try to cure her.

When they probed inside her AG, she reported sensations including "sinking into the bed", "falling from a height", "seeing myself lying in bed from above", "floating", and all the other sensations people who claim OBEs report.

It's believed that electrical stimulation of the AG causes these sensations because it disrupts the ability of the brain to process and integrate the sense of touch and the signals from the semi-circular structures in the inner ear used for balance.

It's important to realize that this effect was repeatable and has since been confirmed in other people. A full blown OBE can be deliberately induced by simply stimulating a person's AG, but whether the OBE occurs naturally or is medically induced, it remains the case that no one can describe the test object in the next room.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: Diploid]
    #8147161 - 03/14/08 07:11 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

I want one of those helmets with the magnetic field generating solenoids.

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: backfromthedead]
    #8147180 - 03/14/08 07:16 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

:tinfoil:

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8147224 - 03/14/08 07:30 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Often these turned out to be perinatal (birth) experiences.

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

Offlineallisthesame
Stranger

Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: burgatory]
    #8147374 - 03/14/08 08:19 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Funny, the electric fence thing never bothered me... I actually adjusted to it very quickly and it reminded me of Salvia the last time I've had it, but I would still have been tripping the shit out because I had been like "WTF? oh shit not again ... help, damn it! I can't move and I can't go back to sleep either!"... and it was the menevolant force in front of me and around me that would have freaked me out the most.

--------------------
Guess what?; You...

A spot of Sunshine: We are energy,... matter is energy that simply has been reduced to a crawl and condensed together to form something.

Edited by allisthesame (03/14/08 08:20 PM)

OfflineJoseLibrado
return

Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: allisthesame]
    #8147700 - 03/14/08 09:50 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

There are both entities which are created by the mind and real spirits.

for example, me and my friend were having sex one day, after talking about her becoming sleep paralysised alot, by this girl. I told her i had many experiences with her and i was able to recognize after a while, what dreams she was in which she attempted to sleep paralysis me, to take hold of my emotional vigor and use it for whatever purposes. Well, during sex, she said "YOu will never be able to come between us to the ghost"

Fast forward two days later and no this isnt a movie - i find a bloody blue thong inside of the dresser. I asked "hey what happen with this one" She looked dumbfounded. "Its not yours" She was overcome by shock " Noo...but umm...." "What?" "I kind of told the spirit who came in my dreams saying she was trying to come between us, that she wouldnt be able to do this"

You get paralyzed when you are stressed, fearful or emotionally weak. I have, since the 5 th encounter with her, been able to get myself out of sleep paralysis, by using and raising my emotions to the top of my head....maybe this will work...It is pure imagination and focus on that imagination...literally imagine energy coming from your penis or vagina, up to the top of your head and focus on it, swaying it and exploding it in which ever way the feelings come from. Another thing is that i can actually do this in real life, and i have been using it to relieve peoples head aches, effectivly(inspired by a tv show).

We are. I love, we love. One love.
^.^

--------------------
The mind is a creative tool. It searches to protect you, through message sensations(feelings). It is no different than a computer, you need to make sure its anti-virus program is in check and that it doesnt have a script that limits your experience, because of to much precaution.

And remember the computer does not appear to respond to words of anger and frustration - just give it input, in the form of new meanings that you know to be true and its messages to you and the limits it lays out for you, will change.

Guilt is an outcome of believing you are the cause of the problems.

Yet, we are not a cause to something, we see is negative or bad - Unless you believe your intentions are directed towards a bad outcome....

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: JoseLibrado]
    #8148369 - 03/15/08 02:35 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Sleep paralysis used to suck so bad when I was a kid. I would have issues with it every night, seeing demons, and people standing in my doorway, waking up speaking "languages" that didn't even sound real...just scary shit in general. Everyone has tried to tell me that my eyes aren't open, and its all just a dream but Ive gotten up gone in the other room, and watched a movie that was on and been able to describe it perfectly.

It may all be in my head, but if that is the case our minds are capable of more than I understand. In the past few years, Ive realized that the terrifying images that appear as real as anything else in life can be brought up simply by being afraid of the situation. If I just relax, visualize a rope coming up from my chest and mentally pull myself up I can induce some really nice OBE/lucid dreams.

Over all while it terrified me all through my childhood, I'm really glad its something I've been able to experience and wouldn't give it up for anything.

Here is a really good book on inducing lucid dreaming, I highly recommend it.

--oh and the best way I have found to wake myself up if I just don't feel like dealing with it is to hum.--

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: seep paralysis (your experiences with it) [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8149608 - 03/15/08 01:57 PM (16 years, 7 days ago)

the best way I have found to wake myself up if I just don't feel like dealing with it is to hum.

Same here. I try to make some sound and that immediately wakes me up. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes between dreaming that you're humming and actually humming.

Sometimes during the paralysis when I'm aware of what's happening and intentionally trying to wake myself up, I become convinced that I'm making sounds and I wonder why it's not waking me up. Then if I keep trying, at some point I actually DO make a sound (which I can actually feel in my throat), which wakes me up and lets me realize that all the prior sounds were imagined, even though I could swear I was actually humming. I know the difference once I wake up because the sensation of vibration in my throat isn't there during the imagined humming.

Humans are capable of a lot of self-deception, and more so when they're half-asleep. They convince themselves that imaginary things are actually happening (like alien abductions and OBEs).

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder