Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
P. Somniferum
    #2829339 -

So I've tried a few times with a few different people, including myself all times, to make poppie tea.  And it just doesn't seem to do anything.  Will someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, on average it's usually 7 pods a person, I did 10 all to myself, and nothing is happening.  Grind it up in a coffee grinder boil it for a while with some other tea and in the end, it's a nice 105* F night cap to a 85* F day with no effects. :confused: too hot.
I'm with out a doubt picking the right stuff. I guess I'm scoring it before tea, maybe that's taking too much out?  I don't know, even smoking the resin had weak effects, and it's not like I am some heavy user.  I hardly ever smoke weed and mushrooms are a quarterly thing, so alcohol is all that's left but that should amplify the effects I would think.

Well anyone who can shed some light, please do.

Peace - @cro


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: @cro]
    #2829750 -

Where did you acquire your seeds. I have heard that some seeds that have been purchased from supermarkets have been bred to be low in alkaloids. However Mycocakeater, and I too, believe this to be a myth, or prehaps only in effect with certain brands.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: @cro]
    #2830057 -

I made some opium that definitely came from P. Somniferum and smoked a bowls worth and got no effect whatsoever  :confused:


--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: @cro]
    #2830412 -

It doesn't work when you pull up grandmas flowers man, you gotta grow your own  :tongue: :wink: :grin:

seriously though, like someone mentioned, some strains are mainly ornamental and haven't been bred for high alkaloid content, some were bred specifically for low alkaloid levels/high seed production and others were bred just for making opium.  You probably just have a weaker strain, milking them before making tea probly isn't helping much either.  I'd try not milking them beforehand, using more pods or a different strain of poppies.

DH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: @cro]
    #2830662 -

I tried poppy tea and didn't like it. It was strong all right and it was home grown pods. I used 3 tablespoons of poppy flour and ran it through my expresso maker. I ran water through the crushed pods twice to get it all. The first couple hours wasn't too bad and I was starting to think I would like it. Then I started puking and the next 5 hours or so were miserable. I tried it twice and hated it. I gave away my poppy flour. I guess I just don't like opium.

Stoney

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2831070 -

Sounds like you might have overdosed :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: @cro]
    #2831361 -

making tea right after scoring will bring the potency down significantly. i usually milk the pods that are ready and use them for tea about a week or so later, so they can produce more latex. it could just have something to do with genetics, like someone else said...some are raised for seed production as others are raised for alkaloids. do you know what strain they were? where did you acquire these seeds? or it could just be that the opium experience is not too impressing to you...as it is for many.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: @cro]
    #2832442 -

To save a lot of bullshit, grow a quality strain and then experiment.


--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: spores]
    #2835300 -

Thanks all for the suggestions.  I think I'll give the extract a shot and leave grandma alone for a while, although what a waste, maybe guerrila patches are in order for next year  :evil:
Thanks again.
Peace


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: @cro]
    #2839827 -

@cro, contact Jojoba, he can probably send you some seeds.


--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2842557 -

Thats what happens when I drink WAY TO MUCH.

Start LOW, REAL LOW.

Pods are stonger then some people think.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2842564 -

Quote:
I made some opium that definitely came from P. Somniferum and smoked a bowls worth and got no effect whatsoever 




You mean you made "PUTTY"(not opium) and smoked it, and big suprise  :smirk:!, got no effect.

Putty should be eaten, boiling dry pods and drying out the tea is NOT OPIUM.
:smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2842981 -

Who said anything about dried pods fool???

I bought my seeds from a supposedly reliable Dutch vendor and got zilch effect from the opium I'd refined from bleeded pods.

Your stupidity is quite amusing, please carry on!  :tongue:


--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Edited by Bi0TeK (06/30/04 09:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2844184 -

You said "I made some opium that definitely came from P. Somniferum and smoked a bowls worth and got no effect whatsoever" a few posts ago in this thread.

I can see how one would interpret this as making putty from dried pods as you make it. You don't exactly make opium when bleeding the pods and collecting the latex and smoke it. The plant made it you're just collecting it. And besides real opium is refined from the exudated latex. The exudated latex should get you off but it's "diluted" so to speak in all the other stuff in the latex.

Check out a thread by starter where he refines the latex and "makes" opium.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: spores]
    #2844529 -

DH said:
It doesn't work when you pull up grandmas flowers man, you gotta grow your own  :tongue: :wink: :grin:
DH



My grandparents grow opium poppies.


--------------------
The eagle may soar, but the weasel never gets sucked up into a jet intake.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: neuro]
    #2844996 -

Hi Neuro.

I had actually refined the latex from the fresh pods exactly like Starter did in his tek and didn't get anything from it whatsoever..

I'll buy my seeds from a different vendor next time round :sad:


--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2845935 -

may i reccomend a few strains?

hens and chicks (my personal favorite)
persian whites
tazmanians
danish flags (also a very good choice)
giganteum (the yield is very good, as the plant is very large but i
            would consider the potency to  be mediocre)

these are the top strains in my opinion... preferably, persians and hens & chicks.

peace :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2846169 -

Quote:
Who said anything about dried pods fool???

I bought my seeds from a supposedly reliable Dutch vendor and got zilch effect from the opium I'd refined from bleeded pods.





Well then YOUR THE FOOL :thumbup:, and a bit of a cunt to(whats with British people :tongue: )


Carry on :grin:





:rolleyes:
http://opium.poppies.org/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=8745&s=71fffefdc5f9ce00a98569e5acb9c6e4


--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (07/01/04 03:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2846490 -

The strain I have are Persian whites which are supposedly one of the better strains and have larger pods than the Tasmanians.. does that make me a fool???

As far as being a cunt, well, you are what you eat!  :grin:


--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Somniferum [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2847427 -

>>I had actually refined the latex from the fresh pods exactly like Starter did in his tek and didn't get anything from it whatsoever.

Well then I'm at a loss. You either did something wrong in the process, or the poppies you thought were somniferums really weren't even though you may have be positive. Either that or you've hit that very slim chance of being a person who is missing enzymes and receptors, but that's rare and i doubt this is your first time using opiates/iods.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Identifying Papaver Somniferum w/ Opium ***PICS ADDED*** accountant 6,478 3 06/22/11 05:28 AM
by KBG1977
* Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium
( 1 2 3 4 ... 32 33 )
AsanteM 272,011 652 09/15/24 07:17 PM
by DAW76
* Raw opium leaking from stems? Pics attatched sheepherder 2,617 7 05/21/11 03:11 PM
by sheepherder
* Opium
( 1 2 all )
GoomTard 4,646 33 03/12/07 03:43 PM
by B1977
* OPIUM LEMON LAUDANUM Step-by-Step *PICS* extrajordanary 27,022 10 06/01/14 05:58 PM
by SrgntPepp
* Opium Poppy (dial ups warned).
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Starter 91,467 78 08/20/18 02:54 PM
by BattyKoda
* Good idea for growing some Opium Poppy!!
( 1 2 3 all )
orizon 17,097 55 06/29/16 08:33 PM
by Burke Dennings
* poppies containing opium day_tripper 11,414 6 05/26/04 05:30 AM
by Starter

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
3,362 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 22 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.