Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: rocknliam]
    #4223333 - 05/26/05 04:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Never done it. It was an old thread over at poppies org

The people there seen to think it works. Keep in mind you would be leaving a lot of goodies behind because you would just be getting smoke-able morphine( I think)
Which means you could make tea for the codeine to get what is left over.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: flowstone]
    #4229288 - 05/28/05 03:38 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

starter gave me the go ahead so tomorrow I'll find away to post his guide :smile:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #4229349 - 05/28/05 05:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm I feel this thread is derailing. It's originally about the natural products "from poppyseed to (cooked) opium" and now we are discussing things that are opium no longer but rather refined products that have lost several *kinds* of alkaloids.

Walrus, please post the morphine extraction in another thread because they deal with refined extracts.

Opium is the dried-up juice of the poppy. Poppyhead fluids are whole Opium dissolved in water. Cooked opium is a technique to remove physical impurities for smoking. To selectively change the nature of Opium into that of crude morphine is not the direction this thread was intended for, which basically revolves around the joys of cultivating poppies and the pleasures of opium.
It;s a bit like a "distilling fermented sugar into 200 proof spirits" in a winemaking thread.
I'd love to see the tek, but i think this thread will be taken off topic by it as far too many people have a isolated alkaloid fix-ation already.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: Asante]
    #4232234 - 05/29/05 12:46 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

the guide is about growing tasmanian poppys, it does have some extraction stuff too towards the end...but there is much goodness about growing the poppies as well(plus making edible opium) all with good pics...I really think it belongs here but its your call

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4232640 - 05/29/05 06:50 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The thing is this thread is basically about the virtues of opium and the growing of your own poppies. There are good reasons to draw distinctions between Whole Opium products vs isolates.

Opium throughout history has caused many dire problems, but the Opiate world literally went to shite when Morphine was invented along with the hypodermic syringe.

Part of the point of this thread is to turn pharmaceutical/street shite users back to Mother Nature and the finest opiate of all: whole Opium, as part of the whole back-to-nature and grow-your-own trend.

Homegrown whole opium cannot be unnaturally administered. If grown yourself it has natural limitations on its use and whole Opium, let it be known, gives a better, fuller Opiate experience than any Opioid including heroin and the stuff nowadays passed off as heroin.

People can put a patch in their garden, or the forest, or among the weeds on that vacant lot close to their home and be self-sufficient in their drug needs with no dealers or cutting agents involved. It's taking responsibility for your drug and your use of it right from the start. :thumbup:

The DEA document that kicked off this thread proceeded to detail isolation of morphine in 55 gallon drums, transportation of Choi bricks of 999 morphine to the labs to be converted to heroins 3 & 4 by the kilo. I chose to post the version I found where all that shite is snipped off, so it is just about the poppy and whole Opium.

I would love to see that Taz TEK here, I have little doubt it will be anything but a treasure. But please ask your friend if he'd consider snipping the parts that detail extracts other than whole Opium from the TEK as posted in this thread.

Whole Opium would be:

-Poppy plant juice & plant parts dry or fresh (pods!)
-Water extract of poppy plant parts made hot or cold, neat or acidified and drank whole
-Pod Putty which is evaporated water extract of poppy plant parts
-Opium (aka Raw Opium, Gum Opium) which is dried poppy juice (from lancing pods or juiced from the fresh plant parts)
-Opium tincture (Laudanum) which is whole opium dissolved in aquatic alcohol.
-Smoking Opium (Cooked Opium) which is Opium, disdsolved in water, filtered and evaporated until a paste is obtained.

All these techniques have three things in common: they are low-tech but more importantly: they produce products containing whole Opium and no selective isolates and can not be abused by injection.

Please ask your friend if its ok to have certain passages snipped from the TEK document to fit this thread. I think he'd likely understand and agree if he saw the rationale behind it.

You take it in your garden
You take it in your house
You take it in your body

Thats how it should be. Also, legally, 9/10 judges would view a person who makes tea of a herb with other eyes than one who isolates morphine and then perhaps bangs it in a syringe.

Please try to get the edited TEK in here. Neuro and I are discussing how to keep this thread ontopic and keep the info pouring in.
This thread is solid gold, lets go for a platinum thread on this fascinating culinary & gardening & psychoactive herb!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4241352 - 05/31/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No, I would never inject ANY drug.

The reason I was asking about a salt cold water/freeze morphine extract is so I could get a smoke-able product from poppy straw.
See, tea is great and all, but sometimes you just want to experience the full spectrum.
I will admit smoking an extracted morphine will NOT be the same as smoking 'whole opium' lanced from the pods, but it would be the closest somebody like me could get.
Also, I DID make a separate thread about this, but no one seemed to have any answers.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#4241536 - 05/31/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I pmed you about editing the guide...my buddy seems to have lost most interest in this forum so I doubt he'll mind the slight edit but after seeing it you may change your mind(its really good shit)...its not about extracting morphine its about taking your opium and refining it slightly again with some great pics(also a guide for mixing ice hash(which he made as well) with opium

EDIT: WOOHOO! my tassies have germinated(using the guide in question :smile:)

oh and btw I re-read what you think is suitable for this thread and I honestly think the whole guide is...the "extraction" part is a simple one that just gets the opium into a more pure form...theres nothing about extracting morphine or anything...the only part you may not want is the mixing with hash hes included including a pic of growroom(weed) he was once a mod at overgrow(not that that matters)

Edited by Iamthewalrus (06/02/05 03:59 AM)

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: Asante]
    #4249647 - 06/02/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well I know your a busy man wiccan since I haven't gotten a response yet from my pm...so later on I'm gonna go ahead and post the guide myself...I'm keeping it in tact and anything you want out feel free to edit :smile:

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium *DELETED* [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #4249951 - 06/02/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Iamthewalrus

Reason for deletion: updated version of this tek is already posted so one of the mods can move it over since starter has given permission

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #4250413 - 06/02/05 09:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome thread. What are the differences in psychoactive effects of the different strains of poppies? I've read that giganthemum tend to be more narcotic, whereas the smaller varities are more euphoric. Any more input on that?

It's obvious to me that the drug war absolutly ruins the poppy and people's use of opiates/opioids because the profit for heroin is so much greater than that of morphine, and especially opium. Morphine can easily be converted into heroin, which is 5x's as potent, and thus allows drug networks to increase the volume they sell. Instead of people using a much more subtle drug, the market is flooded with the hardest and most damaging of the opiate/opioid chemicals. Opium has it's dangers, sure, but it's of a far different magnitude.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #4250548 - 06/02/05 10:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Are you referring to this thread?

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: neuro]
    #4250980 - 06/03/05 12:36 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ya thats the one I didn't know it was posted doh! lol...well I'll just continue posting it so its here in the poppy thread...he mentioned something about it being archived so that makes sense...oh well

EDIT: lol wiccan I just talked to starter and he mentioned that you asked about putting this guide in this thread already...I wish I knew that thread existed...anyways you can bring it over or I can continue posting its your call

Edited by Iamthewalrus (06/03/05 12:55 AM)

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#4253623 - 06/03/05 07:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

this lil guy popped up RIGHT where I was planting my seeds...i've never grown poppies before so I can't be 100% but I'm pretty sure it is(nothing else around here that looks like that)...what do you guys think?

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #4254344 - 06/03/05 10:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Can empty pods be dried, ground into powder, capsuled, and ingested with positive results?

--------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: pshawny]
    #4257677 - 06/04/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well looks like starter updated the guide slightly since before it was public and also added a few more pics so one of the mods can move that one over here if they want(he gave me the go ahead so no need to ask) and I'm deleting my post

my tassies are germinating like crazy...I've heard they are in high demand with a low supply so I'll make sure to let some pods go to seed and spread em around :smile:

my store bought poppy seeds are also germinating but I plan to detroy them at cabbage stage since poppies will cross  polinate(from what I've read) and obviously I wanna keep the tassies pure

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: Twirling]
    #4258579 - 06/05/05 02:11 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

WOW! What an amazing post! Thank you for all the good info!

--------------------

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

#4258663 - 06/05/05 02:44 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Iamthewalrus - Are they in pots? if so you could give them to a friend to raise, or you could try putting sandwhich bags or paper bags over the flowers to stop pollen spreading, Just a thought, might be too much work though, not sure what the size of your project is.

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#4258711 - 06/05/05 03:14 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

they are in trays mostly in the pics I posted above...theres one pot(1 tassie pot too) but they haven't germinated in there yet(the store bought, tassies have)...tassies are WAY ahead...good call on the friend thing tho I think I'm gonna do that...don't wanna waste any goodies :smile:

EDIT: btw can anyone tell me if thats a poppy or not growing where I planted(I'm pretty sure it is based on the colour and shape of the leaves but again this is my first go so I can't be 100% sure...pretty sure its a tassie as well

Edited by Iamthewalrus (06/05/05 03:16 AM)

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

#4258738 - 06/05/05 03:32 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I was leaning more towards non poppy as it doesnt look like any of the ones i have grown, the leaves tend to be more wavy and softer looking, hard to describe, but i could well be wrong, i have only grown twice before myself.

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#4258746 - 06/05/05 03:34 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

either way I got lots germinating so its no biggie..its just RIGHT in the area I planted and nothing else around here looks like that...it also has a lot features of a poppy...and is getting bigger and bigger....guess we'll find out

thx for the response tho...was hoping SOMEONE would :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom