Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: schmutzen]
    #4332081 - 06/24/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I read somewhere here that the plant contains 10% of the alkaloids as the pods, if this is true and though that is low, the amount of biomass of the plant would mean that's still quite a bit.

Looking at your poppies makes me feel like I planted mine a little late... :doh:

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4332904 - 06/24/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I guess we'll have to wait for an expert.

I sowed mine Feb/March, the first warm day the snow melted.  I'm in zone 5, last year I didn't plant till May 1, but still got a nice harvest in August.

I'm starting to think the most important part of sowing is to magically time the bloom with your summer's drought :tongue:

Was just reading over at PORG, I never knew that the longer you let them grow, the bigger they get :thumbup:

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: schmutzen]
    #4333033 - 06/24/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

indeed: dried pods contain 1.5-5% Opium (as 10% morphine) whereas dried plant contains 0.15-0.5% per weight. Still that means that 40gr dried poppy plant (1/25 kg) holds a dose of 60-200mg Opium, the orally active range of 1-3 grains.

2-10gr pods = 20-100gr plant

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: Asante]
    #4333827 - 06/24/05 08:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

2-10gr pods = 20-100gr plant

WoW!

After two weeks of rain, the thunderclouds came.  Knowing these were immature I thought it would be best to pick them rather than let them become diluted.  Got these seeds from Lifenergy, Thank you wherever you are :tongue2:

and something that looks like boobs

Thank you for all the great info Wiccan, I'm always telling my wife stories about you.  We have decided to let the pods dry, and save them for very special occaisions (once or twice a year), where they'll be mixed with yogurt or ice-cream, sposta be more efficient and less bitter :popcorn:

--------------------

OfflineMeneerCactus
Ex Operator FSRE
 User Gallery
Loc: The Low Lands
    #4339403 - 06/26/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JaguarWarrior101 said:
Any word on how to extract alkaloids from the plant itself? It's a shame to let them go to waste...

On poppies.org forum in the tearoom is a post about a kind of ICE O Lation process which extracts pure O from poppie tea (pt). I gues this tek can also work for the parts you suggested.

--------------------
"Millions of years of evolution just to .... light up a joint"

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: MeneerCactus]
    #4342870 - 06/27/05 12:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MeneerCactus said:
Quote:

JaguarWarrior101 said:
Any word on how to extract alkaloids from the plant itself? It's a shame to let them go to waste...

On poppies.org forum in the tearoom is a post about a kind of ICE O Lation process which extracts pure O from poppie tea (pt). I gues this tek can also work for the parts you suggested.

I can't seem to do a search on there because I'm not a member, and they aren't accepting new members. Any chance you could post or PM me a link?

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineDeQuincy
Paddo hunter

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4345628 - 06/28/05 12:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

This Iceolation process originates from a someone called Ab Strak and was first publiced (to my knowledge) on an site called clubopium.tk

Here's a link:

http://adh.2.forumer.com/index.php?s=e70268609213f3dd4fffb021016c2a42&showtopic=171

Good luck.

--------------------
there's no vestige of a beginning no prospect of an end
(hutton)
if you came to conquer, you'll be king for a day, but you too will deteriorate and quickly fade away...
you have NO CONTROL
(bad religion)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: DeQuincy]
    #4345816 - 06/28/05 01:42 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ok let me see if i got this right, like would it work.
, you puree frozen, seedless, dry pods in ice old water,
then let sit for hours in the fridge, disolving morphine,
then you decant the liquid out, and allow the liquid to freze.
then remove ie rystals with a seive, and repeat a few times untill muh water has been sooped away.
then you put the remaining alkaloid rich liquid into a tray, and then reduce at about 70c untill all that is left is dry residue.
and bingo thats good stong-ass opium?

is that it in a nuthell, or am i missing something obvious/

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4346655 - 06/28/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

What do you guys think of the following? I find it very interesting, but am curious why they suggest a grain based alcohol.

Laudanum, a tincture of opium, was very popular in high social circles around the turn of the century.

It was used by practically every English author at that time, as well as statesmen, diplomats, and anyone else who had a liking for it. Opium was legal in most western nations until the early twentieth century, and Laudanum could be purchased at any drug or general store.

To prepare Laudanum, simply dissolve as much opium as possible in a jug of pure grain alcohol.

Everclear works great. Do not use denatured, wood, or isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. Purchase your alcohol only from a liquor store or from a reputable moonshiner. Laudanum tastes absolutely terrible, but some things are worth forcing down. The main advantage of Laudanum is that the alcohol acts as a preservative, and helps to maintain that "just picked" freshness in your opium. The alcohol also pre-dissolves the opium so that it enters your body more efficiently.

~ http://www.erowid.org/plants/poppy/opium_poppy_cultivation/opium_poppy_cultivation5.shtml

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4347046 - 06/28/05 02:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wood alcohol is poison, rubbing alcohol isnt good either and potato alcohol often tastes foul.

Hence the grain alcohol. They mean high proof spirits specifically sold for human consumption.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineDeQuincy
Paddo hunter

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4349451 - 06/29/05 02:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Mitchnast, here's another write-up on the same method. This one was created by Shaganos of the porg after Ab's method.

I cannot post the link due to specific forum rules, pm me if you like to have the link (discussion etc)

1. Take pods, dried or fresh, and freeze them
2. Add 4 parts water for each 1 part pod material into a blender and grind it up good
3. Pour it over in a mug or similar, stirr it well for some minutes, then let it sit for about 1 hour in room temp.
4. Strain it to discard the biggest chunks, use a strainer with fairly big holes.
5. Fill the upper brown and most clear layer over into a bottle, let the rest stay in the mug
6. Extract the goo and particles left in the mug with more water, like was done with the pods in step 2 and 3.
7. Strain and pour this solution also over into the bottle
8. Shake bottle and put in a freezer (Dont cap the bottle, could explode if pressure expands it while freezing)
9. When half the solution in the bottle has frozen filtrate it with a cloth (t-shirts work fine) and discard the ice.
10. Put the solution back into bottle, shake it well, freeze it down again like in step 8 and 9.
11. Take this second filtrated solution and evaporate it in a pot placed in a larger pot with cooking water (warm bath)
12. The brown substance left in the smaller pot when evaporated, sometimes a bit like mexican tar, can be smoked.

Good luck

--------------------
there's no vestige of a beginning no prospect of an end
(hutton)
if you came to conquer, you'll be king for a day, but you too will deteriorate and quickly fade away...
you have NO CONTROL
(bad religion)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: DeQuincy]
    #4351855 - 06/29/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i found alot of plants, some of which i never expected to come up, like whole patches of tiny poppies around parking lots.

many of the poppies growing on the dyke are waist-high, and have many tillers.

still my favorite one is the one that popped up in my front yard. here it is.

Edited by Mitchnast (07/01/05 12:49 PM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#4351863 - 06/29/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the white one is actually purple just much lighter purple
the tiny one are darker purple.
i think it look like they are lighter when larger.
these are bulk seed from bulk barn.

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

#4352240 - 06/29/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

So how about an Everclear extraction on the "bulk material" or plant puddy? :tongue2:

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium *DELETED* [Re: schmutzen]
    #4353389 - 06/29/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Mitchnast

Reason for deletion: h5

OfflineIamthewalrus Happy Birthday!
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #4353580 - 06/29/05 11:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I know of that stinging plant...we get them here...it definitely stings like a bitch(its comparable to being stung by a bee in multiple places)

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: flowstone]
    #4356549 - 06/30/05 06:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

flowstone said:
Here is a tek to extract morphine from pods.

Quote:

iceolated smokeables
by Ab Strak

fresh pods were freezed, then ground in a blender, with 3 volume equivalents of cold water,
and allowed to stand for 1 hour.
The resulting goo was stirred, then sifted crudely, to retain the biggest pieces.
The filtrate was allowed to stand for 1 hour at room temperature, after which the fairly clear,
light brown top layer was decanted into a bottle, which was not to be filled completely.
The filter residue was extracted again with water, fractions were combined.
The closed bottle was kept still, in a freezer at -5 centigrade until 2/3 of the solution was frozen.
The freezing solution was filtrated, after which the ice was discarded.
The filtrate was put back in the bottle, and the freezing procedure was repeated.
The resulting brown solution was allowed to evaporate on a hot water bath,
yielding a brittle brown substance which was potent and tasteful enough to smoke pleasurably.

Hypothesis of the success of the procedure:

The active ingredient, a morphine salt, is highly soluble, even in cold water.
Acid or base addition is unnecessary and unwanted because of possible decomposition of the salt,
into possibly less soluble constituents.

Heating is unnecessary and unwanted because of possible degradation of saccharides and peptides (inflicted effect explained below),
and additional dissolving other unwanted materials, like lipids.

The crystallization of water in the solution forces other molecules than water out of the matrix.
Small molecules, like morphine maleate move easily to stay in the liquid phase.
Large molecules, like (poly)saccharides and (poly)peptides can not move easily enough, and are included in the ice.
An additional effect may be that plant saccharides have a high affinity to water.
So, may be, small saccharides are included in the ice as well.

The freezing therefore accomplishes a separation between alkaloids and "nutritional" materials.
This statement is confirmed by direct evaporation of cold water extract.

It is important not to break the ice crystals during formation, because cavities will form, enclosing active ingredients.
This is experimentally confirmed.

Additional note:
The extraction can be accomplished from dried pods also, however, a third extraction step is required,
and more time to allow for dissolving.

and here is the same tek written by another person, reworded( somewhat simpler to understand0

Quote:

1. Take pods, dried or fresh, and freeze them
2. Add 4 parts water for each 1 part pod material into a blender and grind it up good
3. Pour it over in a mug or similar, stirr it well for some minutes, then let it sit for about 1 hour in room temp.
4. Strain it to discard the biggest chunks, use a strainer with fairly big holes.
5. Fill the upper brown and most clear layer over into a bottle, let the rest stay in the mug
6. Extract the goo and particles left in the mug with more water, like was done with the pods in step 2 and 3.
7. Strain and pour this solution also over into the bottle
8. Shake bottle and put in a freezer (Dont cap the bottle, could explode if pressure expands it while freezing)
9. When half the solution in the bottle has frozen filtrate it with a cloth (t-shirts work fine) and discard the ice.
10. Put the solution back into bottle, shake it well, freeze it down again like in step 8 and 9.
11. Take this second filtrated solution and evaporate it in a pot placed in a larger pot with cooking water (warm bath)
12. The brown substance left in the smaller pot when evaporated, sometimes a bit like mexican tar, can be smoked.

This type of Morphine salt extracted with this method is highly soluble in cold water
No need for any acidic chemicals in the process, no ascorbic acid, lemon juice, etc. This makes it less soluble.
The morphine stays in the water, the junk in the ice that you discard.

Hey guys, just thought I would let you know I am trying this^ tek with a small batch. I will let you know how it turns out!

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: flowstone]
    #4358179 - 07/01/05 02:01 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i might try that with some pods i have from last years grow, i too shall let you know how it goes if i do it.

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: rocknliam]
    #4358257 - 07/01/05 02:19 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

interesting essay that was quite interesting :

http://www.ieo.org/opm_mass.html - monkeys addicted to opium

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Edited by liveby (07/01/05 02:42 AM)

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: liveby]
    #4358276 - 07/01/05 02:24 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

John - Let's not fuck up this thread.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag