Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Help Gauging Colonization
    #28271041 -

First attempt using grow bags. Hoping for opinions on health / percentage of colonization. I'm sure it's hard to be certain, tried to take several photos in different light / angles. Roughly 57 days in.


Edited by blucube (04/10/23 03:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help Gauging PE Colonization [Re: blucube] * 1
    #28271101 -

it will be difficult for us to issue an opinion without more detail. How did you inoculate the spawnbag? With a spore syringe? If so, here is a thread explaining why we are against direct grain inoculation via spores :

Spores to Grain: Why it's discouraged & Recommended Alternatives

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help Gauging PE Colonization [Re: Cosmyc] * 1
    #28271111 -

Colonization?  The second pic has pins showing, does it not?  You should have a flush of mushrooms in 7-14 days.


--------------------
If you've never grown mushrooms before, here's how you start.  First, follow the Updated PF Tek, put 4 holes in jar lids not 1, and use a water tub! 
The next move is Shoebox Tek. After that you move onto grains, agar, monotubs.  Agar is easy, just do it.
Other useful links - Picture guide for how things should look and proper surface conditions guide
Growing APE or PE?  P9 pseudo casing tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help Gauging PE Colonization [Re: Excess Taters] * 1
    #28271114 -

:whathesaid:

If those blobs pushed up against the bag are mushrooms, give it some fresh air and keep it going in the bag.


--------------------

That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't, cause that's the fuckin way she goes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help Gauging PE Colonization [Re: Way] * 1
    #28271148 -

Cosmikktraveler said:
it will be difficult for us to issue an opinion without more detail. How did you inoculate the spawnbag? With a spore syringe? If so, here is a thread explaining why we are against direct grain inoculation via spores :

Spores to Grain: Why it's discouraged & Recommended Alternatives



Yes, I fall into this category. Thank you for the information.

Excess Taters said:
Colonization?  The second pic has pins showing, does it not?  You should have a flush of mushrooms in 7-14 days.



Thanks, being my frist time I started to question once those developed.

Way said:
:whathesaid:

If those blobs pushed up against the bag are mushrooms, give it some fresh air and keep it going in the bag.



Thanks - I've cut the bag today.

Edited by blucube (04/10/23 01:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help Gauging PE Colonization [Re: blucube]
    #28281024 -

A little under seven days in. I believe "blobs" are forming around the edges. Info suggest these are pickable. If so, I was curious when to do so. This is what I found another thread:

"Blobbies will eventually stall out and if left long enough slightly shrink and blue.  Either once they stop growing or when they wrinkle a bit from shrinking is fine.  Actual fruits will get a wrinkle growth under the cap when it’s time to harvest."

Is this accurate?

Edited by blucube (04/16/23 07:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help Gauging PE Colonization [Re: blucube]
    #28281029 -

What strain are you growing?


--------------------
How to post pictures to shroomery TEK

Shroomery Trusted Cultivator And Member YouTube Channels.

“Evey Hammond: Who are you?
V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.
Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.
V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help Gauging PE Colonization [Re: johnukguy]
    #28281034 -

PE, which online states seems to be somewhat "common".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help Gauging PE Colonization [Re: blucube]
    #28281040 -

Yes, blobbing can be common I understand. Though I don't have the experience to advise you when is best to pick such blobs. I am interested in finding out as well.


--------------------
How to post pictures to shroomery TEK

Shroomery Trusted Cultivator And Member YouTube Channels.

“Evey Hammond: Who are you?
V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.
Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.
V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help Gauging PE Colonization [Re: johnukguy]
    #28281060 -

For reference (and still going).


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My PE Mutant Blob grow Roksolud 363 9 04/16/23 11:08 AM
by Roksolud
* Colonization MycJordan 205 11 11/11/23 10:21 AM
by Way
* blobs.....WTF morian 2,598 11 03/12/12 05:48 PM
by dragonnreeferr
* Blobby mycelium... Contamination? Weird genetics? Wtf? HolyPotato 1,495 12 05/17/16 12:59 AM
by TheEaglesGift
* the blob? icemen 3,522 13 12/18/03 10:33 PM
by icemen
* The Blob! 2shrewmen 3,077 3 05/13/02 08:36 PM
by 2shrewmen
* ohm's spawnbag tek - pictorial ohmatic 3,175 16 01/06/18 01:06 AM
by Fascistbullyboy
* ohm's spawnbag tek - pictorial ohmatic 11,865 16 08/25/09 07:28 PM
by Subsonic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
145 topic views. 12 members, 57 guests and 224 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.