Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
The human brain & the universe are the same?
    #2805106 - 06/18/04 10:16 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.hiddenmeanings.com/body.html

Hello fellow shroomers,I don't post on here much but I was surfing the web and came upon this site,I find it rather interesting.After reading this page,the human brain and the universe do have MANY things in common.What do you people think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: The human brain & the universe are the same? [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #2805143 - 06/18/04 10:40 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Not only is it bad science, but it is very poorly written.

The part of your brain showing the circuits that carry the electrical signals so you can think what you think and do what you do.
This is an incomplete sentence. There is no active verb.

ng a very special camera, the Canada France Hawaii Telescope was able to get a picture of dark matter. That which makes up 90% of the universe and when we looked at this it became amazingly clear as to what we were seeing.
Not just any old camera, but a VERY SPECIAL one. Ooooh! Sorry folks, but dark matter is still just a theory.

Conveying signals point to point.
Nouns appear to be over-rated in this rambling slop of an article.

I could not wade through any more of this.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

#2805691 - 06/18/04 01:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry, I couldn't make heads or tails of that page. The ideas were too unorganized.

However... I believe that the universe is a hologram and the human mind is a portion of the hologram that contains all that exists. If you can imagine anything within your mind, then what's the difference between your mind and everything else? If your mind contains all that can exist, then the universe and the mind are practically the same thing. Perhaps the universe itself is then part of a larger hologram and our universe is simply being imagined in someone else's mind. :wink:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2805852 - 06/18/04 01:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

the title of this thread says a lot
but the link does not read as anything credible. (mumbo jumbo detectors go off right away)
but
both the universe and the brain support a kind of multidimensional co-existence and instantiation or phenomena. (in different ways though)

{& any one who understands that deserves to.}

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The human brain & the universe are the same? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #2805951 - 06/18/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

mumbo jumbo detectors go off right away

For anyone interested, you can usually get a good deal on one on E-Bay for about $39.95.  :tongue2:

--------------------

Invisiblequeenannie
Stranger

Loc: third stoned from the sun
    #2806376 - 06/18/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I'll be on your team.  I recently discovered that web site myself.  I always seem to find the thing I need to see at the time I need to see it.  I don't believe everything he is saying, it ends up at too secular of a place for me, kind of negating any supreme being at all, which I found not comforting.  However, I've believed in my truth all my life, unwaveringly, and I know what I know in my heart.  That is the fact that there is a divine presence orchestrating everything, and I have always felt a definite presence.

I think the (supreme being) is the universe, and that "as above so below" is one of the few things we can take literally from the bible.  I think there are three different hidden themes in the bible, all complentary to each other, none contradictory.  The reason our brains mirror the universe is because knowledge is where the Truth is found.  The mind and thought is what is essentially us, and it is linked to the universal thought flow.  We are individuals, as souls, but we are all still connected, and unity is the goal.  I believe definitely in meditation (going in yourself to the great silence, in your closet, or other private place) as a alchemic practice where we turn ourselves into light.  The next dimension is supposedly one of a higher frequency, and we must attune ourselves so we are ready.

I have no doubt in what I believe, and Bill, from that website, no doubt believes his own truth without fail.  I do think he's got some valid points, at least ones that shouldn't be written off automatically as kooky.  At the very least, they should spur one to examine one's own established belief system for possible enhancement.  I think that a belief system should never be "completed", "finalized", or "set in stone".  Mine is constantly subject to revision, although it does seem to follow itself to the same destination as it always did.  There are layers of deepness to everything. Each layer I go through reveals a whole new perspective of the same view, and sometimes it seems to contradict itself, but only if I am comparing just the previous and present layer.  As a whole, it makes beautiful sense to a reasoning and logical mind.

I have found the following underlying themes in my own truth and in the world's civilizations/religions, past and present:
:hypno: the circle, sphere, helix, and spiral
:hypno: the cross (or sword) and the circle (or snake spiraling around)
:hypno: ladders (dna, stairways to heaven)
:hypno: the concept of a savior declared by crucifixion
:hypno: twins (doubles, duality, balance)
:hypno: water and fire
:hypno: astrology as timekeeper and messages from above
:hypno: a repetition of events, themes, and beliefs (history does repeat itself)
:hypno: nautical symbols (sea, ocean, water, boats, ships)
:hypno: monoliths and other indicators for assesment of celestial alignment
:hypno: triune godhead (creative force, material manifestation of the word, virginal spirit of thought a.k.a. father, son, holy spirit

--------------------
Jesus is coming...everyone look busy!

(You may think I'm kidding--but I'm not!)

:shrug:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The human brain & the universe are the same? [Re: Swami]
    #2806551 - 06/18/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

there you go - the universe *is* the same as my mind (personally)
I start joking about the detectors and
3 hours later I get an emergency call
our smoke detectors went off
something was burning inside the computer in our basement.

that type of mumbo never jumbo-ed before in 22 years I lived there.

This morning I had some salvia, and then I put on a suit... hmmm.

(all true of course)

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2807049 - 06/18/04 08:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

as the egg/chicken relation suggests, not all the features of a total situation have to appear at the same time. the existence of a man implies parents, even though they may be long since dead, and the birth of an organism implies its death. wouldnt it be as far-fetched to call birth the cause of death as to call the cats head the cause of its tail? lifting the neck of the bottle implies lifting the bottom as well, for the "two parts" come up at the same time. if i pick up an accordion by one end, the other will follow a little later, but the principle is the same.
total situations are, therefore, patterns in time as much as patterns in space.

we can never, never describe all features of the total situation, not only because every situation is infinetly complex, but also because the total situation is the universe.

to sum it up: just as no thing or organism exists on its own, it does not act on its own. furthermore, every organism is a process: thus the organism is not other than its actions. to put it clumsily: it is what it does.
more precisely, the organism, including its behavior, is a process which is to be understood only in relation to the larger and longer process of its environment. for what we mean by "understanding" or "comprehension" is seeing how parts fit into a whole, and then realizing that they dont compose the whole, but that the whole is a pattern,a complex wiggliness, which has no separate parts. parts are fictions of language, of the calculus of looking at the world through a net which seems to chop it up into bits. parts exist only for purposes of figuring and describing, and as we figure the world out we become confused if we do not remember this all the time.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The human brain & the universe are the same? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #2807061 - 06/18/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I start joking about the detectors and ...

... nothing happened.  :tongue:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2807127 - 06/18/04 08:28 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

you invoked e-bay and looked.
you have to avoid e-bay and
avert your eyes, silly -
don't you know magick?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The human brain & the universe are the same? [Re: queenannie]
    #2807137 - 06/18/04 08:32 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

that "as above so below" is one of the few things we can take literally from the bible

How does one take a nondescript term literally?

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2807594 - 06/18/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

That page was bullshit.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2807855 - 06/18/04 11:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I did not read that page or this thread, but my imput on the topic is : yes, the brain is technically YOUR universe.. you are what you think, and if you think big, you are, whether this reality manifests to others or not.

Invisiblequeenannie
Stranger

Loc: third stoned from the sun
    #2808295 - 06/19/04 04:10 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It isn't really nondescript if you make certain assumptions given we are talking about the human brain (that is the "below") and the universe--God's brain??--(that is the "above"). What is in the heavens is mirrored in earthly things.

Another example would be the stars of Orion's belt and the Milky Way mirrored in the layout of the pyramids of Giza and the Nile.

The reason I saw validity in some of what was said on that website is because I already had discovered the correlation between the celestial layout and progression/precession and the bible's instructions as to when things happened/will happen. Also, symbolism from the constellations is echoed in mankind's symbols. Admittedly, man is the one who labelled said constellations, but many cultures over a long time did so, and the symbolism is found everywhere, regardless if the person or group choosing to identify with that symbol is a believer in astrology or not.

On that website, he has reduced the bible and the heavens to one message, one totally rooted in science. I think there is an element of mysticism and spirituality which is also inherent, and is vital to the overall understanding. Knowledge without conscience manifests as evil, as in the experiments done with DNA during the holocaust by Hitler's mad doctors.
Not that he's evil (Bill from hidden meanings, I mean)--just a little too sterile in his final conclusion for my mystic's blood.

--------------------
Jesus is coming...everyone look busy!

(You may think I'm kidding--but I'm not!)

:shrug:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2808383 - 06/19/04 06:48 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

the as above so below indication
is not an arguable presentment.

some statements won't mean anything in literal contexts, but they still may be interpreted as an oracle or "guide" (non-linear, or 2-d or 3-d or wider image).

in effort to understand you stretch your mind "to the guide", then suspend the mental chatter (which could be difficult if you are contentious).

you may afterwards interpret what you have seen as you like, and move on. there is really nothing special about it, if it works or if it doesn't.

in any of this, it is important to get out of the games people are playing as relates to power, popularity, etc.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom