Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
global brain encounter
    #877132 - 09/11/02 07:18 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

?Where are the mushrooms?? I think as I jokingly listen to Ghana Internet Radio. It?s the best one of these radio stations I ever did listen to. First 6:00pm and no mushrooms, and now 8:15pm and no mushrooms. J tells me, ?Dress up in your housecoat, with cowboy hat, go to a rave, and ask for drugs?. Would that work? I need to go undercover, in a disguise. A drug disguise? and a very good disguise is the smell of freshly smoked weed. Even if I couldn?t get the right clothes that wouldn?t make me look like a narc, I would still be an undeniable non-cop if I smelled like weed.

I ain't going to a rave, so we aren?t getting mushrooms. I?m gonna have to fuckin grow em. That will be whenever the hell the goddam spores arrive in the mail. I?ll make any word a swear, including the man who sold me the spores, xxxxxxxx. I knew that wasn?t his real name! Dammit! I got scammed. Note: xxx didn?t scam me. There was a mix up, but a few weeks later, I got the spores!

Instead, we smoked a bunch of weed. $120 for a half ounce, that was dry and had less volume than the first quarter ounce I bought. Major paranoia from feeling ripped off! That thought stayed in my head most of my night, causing a lot of unneeded stress.

Sitting there, smoking a shitload of weed with the guys, I couldn?t help but go insane. R began looking more and more alien. I couldn?t look directly at him. His words, everyone?s words, seemed like personalities in my mind?s reality: talking, spouting things I had already predicted they would say. The conversation took on a double meaning.

These were individuals talking to each other, yet they talked as a whole. I saw the pattern that their brains were making, outputting this ?conversation?, trying to extract the pattern within it. Trying to figure out what the point of it all was. If a conversation is an output of social interaction, should conversations be studied for greater meaning? I can pay attention to each sentence as it is spoken, but can I pay attention to the whole thing? No, because I can?t remember the whole thing. My mind is flawed. Sentences come in, and are thrown away to make room for new ones.

If the global brain exists as Howard Bloom claims it does, and we are all nodes, then what does it mean when I talk to it? This collection of friends, their minds. When I say something, I might direct the comment at an individual, but the collective hears it. A thought pattern is transmitted via language. Each brain receives it and then responds. Some nodes are more productive than others, more significant. Some nodes sit and wait, for one reason or another. Often that is what I had been doing. It is time to shake up the pattern. I am a node, and I am part of the pattern. I am not the owner of the pattern, or the boss, or the leader. I am one, I must cooperate and innovate. I must improve the pattern, I must improve my node. I must move around, send out vibrations, until the pattern wakes itself up. WAKE UP!

While sitting there, brooding, silent? my body looked numb and tired. My mind, racing. Thoughts, one after the other, building and building my mind. Growing my mind. Yet, language still coming from all directions. I have the usual thought: We are all part of a pattern. Then I hear, ?He knows!? ?Haha!? ?He?s still learning.? What? Are they talking about me? It is the global brain speaking to me through it?s neurons. The global brain didn?t seem very smart, only capable of transmitting the simplest messages. Basic emotional language, like early mammals.

We are all nodes in the global pattern, and our pattern is strong. A pattern is defined by its nodes, and how those nodes connect. How are we connected? We are connected through the Earth. We speak via the atmosphere, creating vibrations in the air with our mouth and lungs, until the transmission medium carries the message to another?s ear. The receiver then decodes the message from language into thought. We enhance this process with telephones, cell phones, Internet, and so on.

That is but one means of connecting ourselves to other nodes. We also communicate with light, by changing the visible properties of objects, so that when others see them, they will get your message. Draw a shape in the dirt, carve an image into a stone, use a pen to write on a piece of paper, take a picture, film a video, type it on a computer, and so on.

We use all of our senses to connect to other nodes. We use body language, facial expressions, smell, touch, temperature, taste, and so on. We don?t always connect on purpose, we don?t always like it, but we do it.

The global brain is still in it?s infancy, growing every time we improve communications. I want a technology that allows communication of pure thought. But that?s just me. When we have it, if we create it, then the global brain will grow even more, because it will have the strongest possible connection. The global brain is beginning to get aware of itself. It sees itself in the mirror. I see myself. I am alive. The global brain speaks through me, through all of us. It is talking to itself. Tiny little nodes interacting, loving, warring, forming into better patterns. Just like a human brain. Each neuron in our brain is unaware of the whole, but the brain is aware of the neuron. And for that moment in time, that neuron is alive. That cell has become conscious.

We live and we die as neurons in the global brain. Nodes are removed when they become unable to hold the pattern together. New neurons are born. The human race grows in numbers, the global brain becomes bigger. More intelligent, more aware, more conscious.

We need diversity in the global brain, we need unique and creative thoughts. We need to examine things from every angle before determining which angle is right. This is done in parallel by the entire human race. An idea is born, and people begin to spread it. The idea will spread at the pace of global communication. As the idea reaches each node, the idea is examined, and a response is generated. The network makes a collective decision. This is going on right now.

Some areas of the brain are said to be more conscious than others. In essence, they are more intelligent. Some societies, even some countries, are collectively more intelligent than others. These areas of the global brain are the most conscious. What should they do? Should they take advantage of the situation and overpower the others? No. The global brain needs a variety of functions, just as the brain needs a variety of specific parts. Our brain needs a logical unit, an abstract unit, an instinctual unit, and so on. Each part of the global brain serves a purpose. The global brain would be shooting itself in the head if it decided that all of it should become identical.

Some nodes are cancerous, terrorists. Viral. Even groups of patterns get out of control. Nazis. Parts of the brain are depressed, some are angry, some are hurt, some are starving, crying. Yet, some are singing, dancing, hearts soaring with joy! We must cure our headache. The Earth created marijuana. It is a medicine, and the global brain will use it. It is already part of us, collectively. There is no stopping it, and we shouldn't even be trying.

The human brain looks abstractly like the Earth?s brain. We draw maps of it, define countries and borders. Governments are tools for holding together segments of the brain. Tools must be used properly. Religions bind nodes to a greater pattern, sacrificing truth for practicality. The nodes aren?t all capable of understanding the pattern, and so follow a religion so that they don?t mess the pattern up. Collective beliefs keep the nodes in line. Not all nodes need to be kept in line, not all nodes should be. Some nodes have different functions that others.

If a man eats a mushroom, he changes his thoughts and his behaviour, and so affects his actions which alter the global consciousness.

Why is the global brain eating mushrooms?

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: global brain encounter [Re: pattern]
    #877162 - 09/11/02 07:27 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

:shocked:

*spontaneously combusts* 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #877739 - 09/11/02 10:44 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

to assist rapid evolution through greater awareness of the global brain, my friend, why else?  :wink:
psychedelics first made us aware of our nervous systems (ie: our brains and its functions) now we are becoming aware of this global brain amd it's functions. a greater nervous system, if you will.
this is something i've been pondering a lot lately and i findyour insights into this subject to be right on.  cool post. 

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#877773 - 09/11/02 10:56 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

you took too much, man... too much, too much.

InvisibleMetasyn
one

Loc: PNW
    #877903 - 09/11/02 11:46 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Wow that was awesome, I really felt what you were talking about by reading that. I agree with you very much. Individual brains have taken us as far as we can go and the next step in evolution will emerge out of the collective interactions of the parts. This process is already well underway. It started as soon as we formed societies and began communicating with one another, and has progressed from language to writing to printing to telephones and email and cell phones and the internet. We are becoming more and more connected, and novel structures are emerging from the individuals. The internet is a perfect example. I'm excited to see where this evolution will lead in the decades to come, for it is certainly accelerating and growing at an exponential pace.

An interesting question is will most people even realize that they are part of something greater? Do individual neurons know they are part of a consciousness? Do cells know they are contributing to the well-being of an organism or are they under the impression that they are just acting out of self-interest?

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: global brain encounter [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #877924 - 09/11/02 11:56 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

> to assist rapid evolution through greater awareness of the global brain, my friend, why else? 
> psychedelics first made us aware of our nervous systems (ie: our brains and its functions) now we are becoming aware of this global brain amd it's functions. a greater nervous system, if you will.

Woah...!!!  :shocked:  A man eats mushrooms and becomes aware of his mind, and this analogy crosses over to the global brain...  :smile:  So what do we call it?  Gaia?

> this is something i've been pondering a lot lately and i findyour insights into this subject to be right on. cool post.

Thanks man!  Very happy (and relieved) to know another is pondering this theory.

The global brain is a great framework for looking at humanity, I believe.  I'm skeptical of its existence as a conscious entity.  The concepts created from this theory are too powerful to be ignored tho; likely to have practical uses in AI. 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineDasKomet
D 322
Male User Gallery

Loc: US
    #878511 - 09/11/02 03:32 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yeah!! This is something I've been working with for a while now... though I always tend to refer to it as my schitzophrenic theatre... learnin'. I'm workin' to remain grounded enough to maintain this state without any drugs. Cannibus is more than enough of a tool for me... I've been working with a group for about 4 monthes on and off and we're more or less intertwining our energies... Last night in a lucid dream I was aiding/teaching the energy of two of my friend's unborn son.. which was being sung into creation... I was permitted to add verses. Showing him (an upcoming vibration) what I know and what aids me in holding space.. which is the vibrations of unconditional acceptance, understanding, and allowance through harmlessness. Kicking evolution in high gear. The father, the member of the group I'm closest friends with, him and I one night we're at a buddies.. smokin... they were talkin' and I was meditating.. then all of a sudden I few forwards in my chair as I watched a mass of energy, which looked like heat vapors... the kind you see rising off asphault, leaped from behind him to try to get behind me. He saw it too, said it was the first time that the "things" that move in his peripheral vision became so apparent.
Another group I've worked with... when we tripped, could hold a timeless state for as long as we chose to keep tripping... one of my old pals could see the ball of light I was playing with though I never gave any indication of what I was doing... while tripping he made it to his "wall" when off with another pal of mine... he said he met the devil which had come for him and he ended up whiggin'.. got lost, thinking he had a mouth full of worms, even swore off pot for near a year. The guy he tripped with.. my other buddy couldn't maintain his "holy reality" because of such infrequent access to trips. I was got some tuned genes in that enough events happened to me, ever since I was small.. both on and off drugs, that I've kicked the door off the mother fuckin' hinges.. ain't ever gonna be in the old consensus, but at the same time I've more than once shattered myself due to sheer loneliness at times... just gotta get right back up and do your damndest to overcome the ego/test to set in the flow. Now I'm... anchored around 90% of the time and stable (( ***does a li'l dance in my chair*** (takin' me a long time to get to this point, used to drive an 18wheeler down the path of destruction & self-annihilaiton)) enough that I've found my group... but now with the group the trick is not taking on the roles of others by more or less establishing node boundries until the group can spin in unity without harmfulness. This helps to either reinforce one's foundation or it definately shows where one is weak.. ie.. find yourself falling into judgement or arrogance.
Individually I am "practicing" all the time my own style of yoga and conscious breathing.. there have been definate physiological changes. As of late it feels as if I'm waiting for lightning to strike me... like a charge or surge.. but I'm not quite there yet.. I've now incorporated dance meditation as one of my tools for it really helps in getting my energy flowing... especially those brief instances when I can achieve no thought.

FOR ME.. there is no external.. everything's internal (all subjective metaphors, taking literal shape and function from Alls evolution). Senses are an illusion for they can be manipulated easily... can make oneself hear, see, taste, feel, & smell, but we're locked into 'em cause we have lessons to learn before we're ready to take on a co-creative roles. Best as I can express... beyond thought there is just an instance of awareness(singular vibration) but it's just All looking at itself thinking it's thinking... and beyond that the vibration can come to resonate with the whole in perfect tune.. magnifying the love of all that is.. made it home to the... just IS... being everything at once... BONG! then (gets kinda hairy here) All, always increasing in song, can now test a new note in relation to Itself... wham new vibration sent forth... baby born... seeing how it plays in the whole... seeing if the new vibration will remember All... choose to eat that shroom or as I'm learning now... that there is the possibility of fully conscious births because I feel that the old consensus is cracking. I believe there was ancient time where this was a reality but we fell away from it... by like attemping to create things that weren't in harmony... but we were offered the awareness to do as we pleased. So we've spent the instance(one year.. a billion years... all the same) learning to come back into the flow. We concurrently vibrate from the 0th dim--->infinity just perception is locked into the energy movement rate of it's own design.

Peace,
D+

--------------------
The Woven World is all I see.
Put cloves in your weed and tell them its for the LSD.
.oO0 Listen to White Zombie 0Oo.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: global brain encounter [Re: Metasyn]
    #879553 - 09/12/02 01:55 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

> An interesting question is will most people even realize that they are part of something greater?

Hmm... maybe they should. Make people feel important, like they are doing something worthwhile. Ghandi comes to mind: "What we do isn't important, but it's important that we do it."

>Do individual neurons know they are part of a consciousness? Do cells know they are contributing to the well-being of an organism or are they under the impression that they are just acting out of self-interest?

Interesting... I dunno! Maybe they can achieve "moments of consciousness"

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags