Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 481 | 482 | 483 | 484 | 485 | 486 | 487 | 488 | 489 | 490 | 491 | 492 | 493 | 494 | 495 | 496 | 497 | 498 | 499 | 500 | 501 | | Last >
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27918584 -

He can be as popular as he wants, I don't care about that but I've seen how he is.  He's strictly a bomb thrower.  He doesn't have any bridge builder in him which makes him ultimately counter productive.  He found popularity with folks who understand that the Dem party is a roadblock to progress but don't have the ability or desire to moderate their response to that understanding given the context of our political reality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #27918624 -

ballsalsa said:
He's strictly a bomb thrower.  He doesn't have any bridge builder in him which makes him ultimately counter productive.



I'd have to disagree with you on that point also. The video posted in the Jimmy Dore thread is a great example of him doing exactly that.

We suffer a similar problem here where it doesn't matter if the idea is a good one, if it's brought up by the other side, doesn't matter which side, it's immediately discredited for political reasons.

It's my number one complaint about our politicians, they simply refuse to acknowledge the other side's ideas when asked... until they get out of politics. They are paid liars.

That video shows Dore pointing out how discourse should work, and I've seen him talk in similar ways often before :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #27918653 -

The Ecstatic said:
The Blind Ass said:
Even if.  It’s just human nature through and through.  Keeping score means little if given enough time to rack up the count.



Near Dylan said:
US has a more palatable track record of atrocity than Russia



So the US is worse by any objective standard, but I don’t like the way that makes me feel.



We're just better at it and have better excuses, whatya want


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Near Dylan]
    #27918672 -

Quote:
Doesn't that senile war monger have some sort of executive power to let people out of jail? Both those guys are serving time for a fucking ounce of weed and you think Putin/Russia have things backwards? Jesus Christ :nonono:




Not for state crimes only federal


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27918692 -

Stable Genius said:
Both those guys are serving time for a fucking ounce of weed and you think Putin/Russia have things backwards? Jesus Christ :nonono:





luckily the president isnt the end of the line when it comes to liberties thank non existing god.

where i live weed is legal. you just used examples from the most ass backwards states to show america is what..?? even with russia on drugs laws? that isnt a good look tbh.

Quote:
Thank you to Jimmy Dore for pointing out the hypocrisy.



you could of pointed out what you thought was hypocrisy on your own instead of just hiding behind ol' jimmy.

and we already have a jimmy dore thread you gotta use both hands you cant just use one?

Edited by mushboy (08/25/22 06:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: mushboy] * 1
    #27918734 -

mushboy said:
you could of pointed out what you thought was hypocrisy on your own instead of just hiding behind ol' jimmy.



"Hiding behind ol' jimmy"?  :wtf:

I think Jimmy does a good job of expressing things in a more interesting way than many other people can.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #27918774 -

he is an entertainer:shrug:

i said hiding behind because i thought stable g let jimmy do the speaking for him.

thats why i dont pay attention to most if not all commentators because most people will just insert commentator opinion instead of speaking their own mind. or just say i like this guy and not engage with their own interpretation. often using the commentator as a shield of sorts.

like in the cult forums a person cant just link a bunch of videos and expect people to take them seriously they gotta speak from their own flawed point of view if they except to learn from or teach others. nobodys perfect.

Edited by mushboy (08/25/22 07:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 6
    #27918781 -

I disagree - if I wanted to know Jimmy's opinion, I'd go to YouTube and watch his videos directly.

Posts comprised of a linked video accompanied by "I felt he made a good point because it's factual" - where I'm required to suss out your point - aren't conducive to discussion, but they certainly are conducive to 'just because I like the video doesn't mean I like everything in it' or 'the part you have soundly criticized was not the part I agree with so try again'.

'Hiding behind' seems appropriate to me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #27918784 -

ya what shivas said:stoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: mushboy] * 2
    #27918824 -

No hiding, mushboy :crankey:


--------------------
Give me Liberty caps or give me Death caps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #27918829 -

I’m with TBS!
:shuffle:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #27918832 -

:llamastare:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: mushboy] * 1
    #27918863 -



--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #27918932 -

shivas.wisdom said:
I disagree - if I wanted to know Jimmy's opinion, I'd go to YouTube and watch his videos directly.

Posts comprised of a linked video accompanied by "I felt he made a good point because it's factual" - where I'm required to suss out your point - aren't conducive to discussion, but they certainly are conducive to 'just because I like the video doesn't mean I like everything in it' or 'the part you have soundly criticized was not the part I agree with so try again'.

'Hiding behind' seems appropriate to me.



I’m pretty sure I explained the reasons why I thought that particular video made sense. Are you sure you’re not conveniently misconstruing my post?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: mushboy]
    #27918944 -

mushboy said:
thats why i dont pay attention to most if not all commentators because most people will just insert commentator opinion instead of speaking their own mind. or just say i like this guy and not engage with their own interpretation. often using the commentator as a shield of sorts.



But Jimmy does just present opinions, he presents fact based evidence.  As you just admitted, you'll believe whatever's on your own mind, or whomever you like, not who presents the best facts.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27918952 -

I don't even know what video you were referencing, there's been so many of them posted across threads I don't attempt to watch them all - in the case of your post, it probably had more to do with your decision to credit Jimmy for making the point initially - although I remember running into a similar position with you posting Mearsheimer videos.

My post was mostly in response to Falcon91Wolvrn03's inquiry and my quote was a paraphrase of the most recent interaction I had with them posting a video of someone else's discourse.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: shivas.wisdom] * 1
    #27918978 -

Oh ok, I’m sorry about that shiva. My mistake :hatsoff:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #27919129 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
mushboy said:
thats why i dont pay attention to most if not all commentators because most people will just insert commentator opinion instead of speaking their own mind. or just say i like this guy and not engage with their own interpretation. often using the commentator as a shield of sorts.



But Jimmy does just present opinions, he presents fact based evidence.  As you just admitted, you'll believe whatever's on your own mind, or whomever you like, not who presents the best facts.



That’s not what I said and you know it.

I said it’s important to speak honestly about one’s opinion instead of just parroting someone else’s talking points.

That is miles away from believing what’s on your mind. Speaking and believing are not the same.

Does this common sense really need to be explained or are you going to keep being coy over basic human interactions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: mushboy]
    #27919598 -

Russia, land of the free.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/reddit-banned-in-russia-because-of-one-thread-10453063.html?amp

So much Russian propaganda is getting passed around. Especially on telegraph. We have a few nice expamples posted by our fellow members. Meanwhile, Russia banned an entire website for mushroom info.

:huxleyfacepalm:


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Threat [Re: christopera]
    #27919621 -

:kingcrankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 481 | 482 | 483 | 484 | 485 | 486 | 487 | 488 | 489 | 490 | 491 | 492 | 493 | 494 | 495 | 496 | 497 | 498 | 499 | 500 | 501 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Military families grow angry with state of Iraq war Zahid 1,050 4 10/30/03 02:21 PM
by PsiloKitten
* Bush's rush to Iraq War Helping al-Qaida fft2 538 0 07/14/04 01:49 AM
by fft2
* The Irish-Iraqi War Anonymous 1,211 4 03/06/03 02:57 AM
by GazzBut
* Is lying about the reason for a war an impeachable offense?
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,893 38 06/20/03 05:08 PM
by Anonymous
* Yushchenko Certain Ukraine Government Poisoned Him usefulidiot 1,020 6 12/24/04 12:29 PM
by Annapurna1
* A message from the Ukraine Krishna 733 1 11/26/04 07:53 AM
by question_for_joo
* Doctors: Ukrainian opposition leader poisoned zahudulallah 466 0 12/11/04 07:48 AM
by zahudulallah
* Arm yourself with info- 60 reasons we shouldnt be at war
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
PsiloKitten 12,382 93 11/02/13 08:08 PM
by Yogi1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
413,636 topic views. 2 members, 2 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.014 seconds on 18 queries.