Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Sporeworks.EU Shop: Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | | Last >
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Psilynut2]
    #27713726 -

Quote:
March 30 (Reuters) - British military intelligence said on Wednesday that Russian units suffering heavy losses in Ukraine had been forced to return home and to neighbouring Belarus in an effort to re-organise and resupply.

"Such activity is placing further pressure on Russia’s already strained logistics and demonstrates the difficulties Russia is having re-organising its units in forward areas within Ukraine," Britain's defence ministry said.



https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/britain-says-russian-units-forced-return-belarus-russia-resupply-2022-03-30/


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27713730 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
What's one "strategic objective of the invasion" that "Russia has failed miserably at"?  :shrug:



Taking a major city, such as for instance the capital. They tried to take Kiev and they were stopped. So let's pretend they were never trying.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: nooneman]
    #27713760 -

Did they ever actually try to take Kyiv though? I can’t keep up with the minutiae of this conflict, given that half the shit we get from either side of it is deliberate misinformation.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #27713785 -

If you google, "are the Russians advancing on Kiev", what pops up on the screen is "Yes", but the stories are a month old. Anything more recent is about them being pushed back.

They were definitely trying but they failed. Putin knows the war is lost, but he's trying to save face. This stage could take an indeterminate length of time if we look at U.S. in Viet Nam, Soviets in Afghanistan, U.S. in Afghanistan, etc. I think the only thing that's going to speed this up is the world against Putin, including his former semi-allies and neutrals such as Turkey, India, and Eastern European countries. Even though everybody on that list except India is in NATO, many were rather friendly to Russia, till now. China is backing away, and Germany is arming themselves to the teeth. Finland and Sweden want to join NATO. The whole thing is a giant clusterfuck for Putin.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #27713788 -

It seems almost impossible to deduce wether they were trying to take the city or save it from Nazis .
We may never know .


--------------------


Edited by Psilynut2 (03/30/22 09:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #27713794 -

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:
The war mongers here won’t watch it but thanks for sharing these videos as well as hanging around Falcon you’re a good guy



    Your cheerleading skills are remarkable , Falcon is lucky to have a guy like you always telling him how cool he is and that his comments are awesome . Good for you !



Cheers buddy, if you ever post anything clever I'll do the same to you, I won't be holding my breath though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: koods]
    #27713802 -

koods said:
Stable Genius said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
For those who enjoy Colonel Macgregor, here's his latest interview from today. Maybe not for everyone here, but definitely a good watch for the intellectuals.





Even an average dork like myself thought it made sense.

The war mongers here won’t watch it but thanks for sharing these videos as well as hanging around Falcon you’re a good guy :super:



Says the warmonger



:snowman: kood's is doing some fishing, righto spit it out Captain Goodvibes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27713814 -

Quote:
US intelligence officials have determined that Vladimir Putin is being misinformed by his advisers about Russian forces’ performance in Ukraine, according to an official.

The source said recently declassified intelligence suggests the president has felt misled by the Russian military and there is now persistent tension between him and his senior defence officials.

The US official did not detail underlying evidence for how intelligence officers made the determination.



https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40840601.html

This is what typically happens to people in Putin's situation .
  When you've spent your whole career seeking violent revenge against those who speak out about your corruption and you've gotten away with it , no one is  going to tell the truth when shit goes bad .


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius] * 3
    #27713820 -

Stable Genius said:
The war mongers here won’t watch it



What war mongers? With the exception of fal trying to justify Putin’s invasion pretty much everyone else is saying this is bad and shouldn’t be happening.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Kwyjibo]
    #27713825 -

Are we a 100% sure all of those buildings weren't full of Nazi terrorists that actually blew up the buildings themselves ?  I mean ... really ?


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #27713832 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: nooneman]
    #27713847 -

https://southfront.org/in-video-more-crimes-of-ukrainian-nazis-in-mariupol-revealed/


Quote:
A woman from Mariupol described how Ukrainian servicemen were holding the entire city in the grip of fear. She claimed that they were looting, shot at people and that Ukrainian tanks shelled on residential buildings. She also recalled that Ukrainian militants deployed their tanks in their yard in mid-March. After her husband reprimanded them for using civilians as a human shield, the nationalists shot him in his legs. On March 20, when her husband was on his way to dress his wounds, the Ukrainian militants shot him dead.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: nooneman]
    #27713865 -

South front dot org


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #27713866 -

Stable Genius said:
:blah:

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2022/03/29/ukraine-war-investigations-launched-into-video-of-alleged-torture-of-russian-prisoners



Awwww did the poor Russian invaders get tortured. Awww poor things.

Personally I would have just shot them in the head. Why even waste time taking prisoners. You come and blow up my city, you aren’t leaving alive

Whatever happens to Russian soldiers inside Ukraine is Putin’s fault.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (03/30/22 10:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: koods] * 1
    #27713875 -

I believe that's a war crime.

What about noncombatants keyboard warrior? One from BuzzFeed.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/christopherm51/craig-lang-ukraine-war-crimes-alleged

Quote:
BuzzFeed News can reveal that the Department of Justice and the FBI have in fact taken the extraordinary step of investigating a group of seven American fighters, including Lang, under the federal war crimes statute. Authorities suspect that while in eastern Ukraine, Lang and other members of the group allegedly took noncombatants as prisoners, beat them with their fists, kicked them, clobbered them with a sock filled with stones, and held them underwater.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27713880 -

Stable Genius said:
I believe that's a war crime.



I don’t care

It’s up to the Ukrainians how they dispose of Russian scum

I’ve seen what they’ve done. None of them deserve to go home in one piece


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (03/30/22 10:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Brian Jones]
    #27713952 -

Brian Jones said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
What's one "strategic objective of the invasion" that "Russia has failed miserably at"?  :shrug:



Taking a major city, such as for instance the capital. They tried to take Kiev and they were stopped. So let's pretend they were never trying.



Source, or make believe?

I've asked koods this already about the same topic, and his non-response indicated he knew he was just make believing again.  I didn't think you were part of the make believe club?

It's been stated many times since the beginning of this war that Russia's goal was to diminish Kiev’s combat potential, not to get into another street fight with civilians like we saw in Mariupol, where Ukrainian Nazis kept the citizens hostage to ensure that if they were killed, at least civilians would be taken out with them to make Russia look bad.  We now have tons of video evidence from witnesses confirming this was indeed the case, but the mainstream news refuses to play it.  I even know someone whose sister lives in Mariupol who confirmed this to be true as well.

The Russians approached Kiev to take out the military, and largely succeeded.  Here is a statement about it, which I'm sure you'll ignore because it comes from Russia, but their position has never changed.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Brian Jones]
    #27713959 -

Brian Jones said:
Putin knows the war is lost, but he's trying to save face. This stage could take an indeterminate length of time if we look at U.S. in Viet Nam, Soviets in Afghanistan, U.S. in Afghanistan, etc. I think the only thing that's going to speed this up is the world against Putin...



I think the only thing that's going to slow this war down is what you just mentioned. Russia has won this already, but the US is doing everything it can to prolong the war.  We will never give up on taking control of Crimea, though this is just a pipe-dream as Crimea very clearly has no interest in going back to Ukraine.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27713963 -

Well I read it. I think the original release from Russia was a few days back (4 or so?). But anyways, releasing a statement a month into a war saying that your reasons for going into Northern and Western Ukraine was to limit the military power and response, does not somehow mean that was a stated goal from the beginning. It wasn't. As you've posted several times, many were shocked they went into those areas. So yes, it is a change in the narrative.

In that same statement they said they would be withdrawing to and focusing on the East. But all reports suggest that the shelling on Kyiv continues, that Russian command has a "planned" regrouping around Kyiv, and that there is resupply taking place in the North (Belarus). I look forward to a future statement "clarifying" how this was always the plan and everything is going according to that plan.

Even given the revisions, I think there's a pretty solid argument to be made that the Ukrainian military has not been overwhelmed. Which would make it a failed goal even now.


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Ukraine War Thread. [Re: koods]
    #27713971 -

koods said:
I don’t care

It’s up to the Ukrainians how they dispose of Russian scum

I’ve seen what they’ve done. None of them deserve to go home in one piece



War is hell, so I don’t have high expectations for combatants, especially if they’re being invaded. It’s good for militaries to try to keep their humanity after the opposition gives up though.

I have a Russian friend who got out of his conscription last year. Very glad he didn’t get caught up in all this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | | Last >

Sporeworks.EU Shop: Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Military families grow angry with state of Iraq war Zahid 1,050 4 10/30/03 02:21 PM
by PsiloKitten
* Bush's rush to Iraq War Helping al-Qaida fft2 538 0 07/14/04 01:49 AM
by fft2
* The Irish-Iraqi War Anonymous 1,211 4 03/06/03 02:57 AM
by GazzBut
* Is lying about the reason for a war an impeachable offense?
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,893 38 06/20/03 05:08 PM
by Anonymous
* Yushchenko Certain Ukraine Government Poisoned Him usefulidiot 1,020 6 12/24/04 12:29 PM
by Annapurna1
* A message from the Ukraine Krishna 733 1 11/26/04 07:53 AM
by question_for_joo
* Doctors: Ukrainian opposition leader poisoned zahudulallah 466 0 12/11/04 07:48 AM
by zahudulallah
* Arm yourself with info- 60 reasons we shouldnt be at war
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
PsiloKitten 12,382 93 11/02/13 08:08 PM
by Yogi1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
413,626 topic views. 1 members, 6 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.