Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 |
Re: Post rain GGP [Re: ZenZone]
    #27584109 -

Zenzone,
Those are good looking. I wonder if you found some of my long lost patches?


--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.


My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post rain GGP [Re: tahoe]
    #27584145 -

Oh great Cyanescens come to us
Your wavy top waves our perceptions
We crave your astral visions
Oh great blue horizon
We seek you in the blended glasses
Upon the wood chips you rise
Hale to thee
Hale to thee!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post rain GGP [Re: velvetanarchy] * 2
    #27584267 -



Found some allenii. I didn’t want to take too many because they’re still small.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
East Bay finds [Re: Pokepoler] * 3
    #27584370 -

Found some more chunky cyans.




--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.


My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: East Bay finds [Re: tahoe]
    #27584679 -

All of your GGP pics are impressive. I’m still massively struggling to find any sign of actives in GGP. I’m heading back there tomorrow for another look. If anyone has any words of advice I’m all ears.

I returned to the tiny patch I found in a dog park near my apartment and found a lone allenii sat on top of a chip. The mycelium nearby was all disturbed and this chip was just sat on top of the surface so I think I am sharing the patch with somebody else who cleaned out the second flush already.

But I had to take this one home because it was such a beauty..



I’ve stuck the whole thing (mushroom included) in a bag of alder smoking chips outside in the rain to see if I can’t propagate it!



Ernest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: East Bay finds [Re: ErnestBecker]
    #27584903 -

hunting GGP is challenging.  First off, it's really big.  Secondly, there's lots of competition and I think the more experienced hunters (I'm a rookie) have a leg up on the rest of us with known locations. 

That being said, they are definitely there right now, and I know of at least 3 locations that are producing presently but are too young to pluck just yet. 

Persistence is the key, long grasses need to be look at closely.  The redwood groves are probably not great although I have seen a lot of non-redwood woodchips mixed in.

My more productive spots are not in GGP at all, and I think the key to bigger finds is to hunt elsewhere. 

That being said, it's a wonderful park and there's a lot in there that I wasn't aware of until I started hunting it.


--------------------
'tis an ill wind that blows no minds
  -- malaclypse the younger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: East Bay finds [Re: justjarvis] * 1
    #27584952 -

Now that I have confirmation, I can post these GGP gymnopilus finds from yesterday:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: East Bay finds [Re: wwolfe28] * 2
    #27585028 -

You all got me excited had to run out to a known spot! Got a small handful, but I saw lots of pins! Also checked a spot very close to this one and it had no signs of fruit.
Good luck out there this weekend everyone. I’ll be foraging but for edibles not actives.
@ velvetanarchy love the poem man!


--------------------
"What is the practical application of a million universes?" -Alan Watts
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

Edited by CHUCK.HNTR (12/17/21 03:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: East Bay finds [Re: wwolfe28]
    #27585116 -

I bet I know that log!


--------------------
'tis an ill wind that blows no minds
  -- malaclypse the younger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: East Bay finds [Re: justjarvis]
    #27585331 -

Haha! Keep an eye out. I've walked past this log many times before without finding anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: East Bay finds [Re: wwolfe28]
    #27585399 -

Allenii in  SF today (but not in GGP). Are the ones with black on the caps still ok to keep?





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: East Bay finds [Re: wwolfe28]
    #27585870 -

wwolfe28 said:
Allenii in  SF today (but not in GGP). Are the ones with black on the caps still ok to keep?




You can throw them in a water bottle, shake them up, then pour them over new habitat.  At this point they would be better use getting another spot going.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: East Bay finds [Re: quadracer]
    #27585959 -

I like to smear those old ones all over my shoes when I'm out hunting.  Spread them by hunting, you'll be visiting all the right habitat anyway.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: East Bay finds [Re: Mr Piggy] * 2
    #27586875 -

Nothing to see here



--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.


My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: East Bay finds [Re: tahoe]
    #27587016 -

tahoe said:
Nothing to see here





:wat:


--------------------
"What is the practical application of a million universes?" -Alan Watts
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: East Bay finds [Re: CHUCK.HNTR] * 2
    #27587152 -

Swhat happens when you put in a couple of decades of spawn bombing patches and finding spots.


Nice work tahoe :thumbup:


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: East Bay finds [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #27587314 -

Mr Piggy said:
Swhat happens when you put in a couple of decades of spawn bombing patches and finding spots.


Nice work tahoe :thumbup:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
more SF finds [Re: ZenZone]
    #27587804 -

An evening at the print shop...



--------------------
'tis an ill wind that blows no minds
  -- malaclypse the younger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
GGP giveth [Re: justjarvis] * 1
    #27588416 -

Well, I've had a bountiful week.  Everyday I've picked cyans.  Yesterday's find was pretty decent with about 35 fruits. 

Today, near the same location as yesterday, was quite a bit more than that.



I left quite a few pins to pull later this week.

Sadly, I'm a pretty bad photographer.

Edited by justjarvis (12/20/21 10:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GGP giveth [Re: justjarvis]
    #27588493 -

Alright I've been depressed as hell lately, got fired without any reasonable cause.  They just cut a bunch of departments down before the end of the fiscal year.

Happy holidays, you're all fired, and TWM we assigned your promotion to someone else.  Your fired as well.

le sigh.  I need to remember that our job isnt our identity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 |

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* help with id. sf bay area bathrobe 1,390 8 04/08/04 11:53 AM
by fliped
* Area = Active? Shockey 2,385 9 08/28/02 11:34 AM
by Shockey
* Psilocybe finding in SF?!?! shrump2000 1,460 4 10/01/02 11:46 AM
by angryshroom
* Re: Ps. Cyanescens in S.F. area Azure 4,306 6 12/11/99 06:09 PM
by Azure
* Actives in Tacoma? Creaz93 216 1 01/18/22 03:27 PM
by Carmodycaramel
* Indiana/Kentucky Active Mushrooms HaZyNWonderland 47,818 13 03/11/14 09:17 PM
by Spore Collector
* California - from SF to Lake Tahoe? Grizzy 2,053 3 03/29/04 09:39 PM
by Grizzy
* Re: Mushroom Hunting in the SF Area Anonymous 1,792 2 01/03/00 03:26 PM
by Karen

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
10,884 topic views. 1 members, 15 guests and 54 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.