Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
California - from SF to Lake Tahoe?
    #2477556 - 03/26/04 05:48 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Howdy Folks.

It's been a while...
I bought a kit a couple years ago from that Homestead, but they don't do it anymore.  Looked a few sites that offer the kits overseas, but don't know if I can trust them.  I'm a bit hopeful that maybe one of you could recommend a source that would ship to CA, or maybe tell me if this "amazing-nature.com" place is good?

But - that is WISHFUL thinking.

I realize that I may be left with no other choice than to try and find them growing in the wild here in CA.  :frown:
I've never done it before, but understand that cyans are supposed to be here.

Can anyone please help me?  I wish I could know where to go to have a good start.  Instead of driving for hours on a blind shot in the dark, I really wish someone would be nice enough to let me know where perhaps they've found them before.  Somewhere that I'd have a good chance at them.

I'm willing to drive, 3 hours +.  I live in the bay area, but can go north to Chico, east to Tahoe, west to SF, and south to Monterey.  But I would need to know where to go.  Man - this feels overwhelming.  The world is so big and the shroom is so small - how will I ever find it?

Thanks a million for any help.
Cheers.

Griz

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewookie
life enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: the north state (Californ...
Re: California - from SF to Lake Tahoe? [Re: Grizzy]
    #2478226 - 03/27/04 04:25 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

if your gonna look for cyanescens you should hit up somewhere on the coast north of San Francisco. they arent in season right now though... Ive heard of a spring season in humboldt if the rain is right... peace..

--------------------
-=* dUMb \/\/00kIe *=-

Invisiblekoraks
Re: California - from SF to Lake Tahoe? [Re: Grizzy]
    #2478505 - 03/27/04 06:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Can anyone please help me? I wish I could know where to go to have a good start. Instead of driving for hours on a blind shot in the dark, I really wish someone would be nice enough to let me know where perhaps they've found them before.

I don't think this is going to produce any results. You see, posting information about specific locations is explicitly forbidden by the forum rules.

Instead of asking for locations, perhaps you could better do some research about the habitat cyans like to grow in. Then go looking for places that could form a good habitat for the shroom.

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Re: California - from SF to Lake Tahoe? [Re: koraks]
    #2481939 - 03/29/04 11:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Koraks - thank you. I understand, and please believe me when I say I've put in well over 20 hours already on the internet pursuing this. At least... I may be a rookie, but I'm not lazy and I'm not asking for addresses or exact spots. A vicinity is all I seek, and I quote the rules here: "Locations that are allowed: Park names, highways names (long stretches of highways), town names." <- as you see, even those are much more specific than I am hoping for. Look, I'm willing to walk 10 miles, I'm willing to spend 3 weekends at it, I'm willing to do it all - I just want to be heading into waters that hold fish, so to speak.

Wookie- big thanks. That's exactly what I needed, a push in the right direction.

If anyone else has any tips for me, I'd very much appreciate it. Any help at all. Thank you very much.

My email is:
fishstudy@earthlink.net

Take it easy, and thank you very much for any help anybody is willing to give me. Cheers.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification