Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Reticulated] * 1
    #27507496 -

We’ve finally got some decent rain coming up in a few days too.

Give it another 10 days or so and we’ll be in full swing. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Diza] * 1
    #27507499 -

Found 3 in Surrey yesterday! …2 hours walking through grassy fields.

I note the magic mushroom map has gone very red in the south east having been white yesterday.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: shroominvader] * 1
    #27507793 -

Found a few handfuls in Somerset this week. Didn't bother much about picking them, but they were easily found on the hills everywhere I went. Mostly small, some good clusters here and there. Highly potent.





--------------------
Experimenting with sobriety

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #27507824 -

I went out for a wander on Friday as the weather seemed to be getting mushroomish, but as it turned out it was rather warm & I had to get some elevation to find my little friends. I thought it had been a pretty bad day but in the end I got about 200 smallish and medium ones which I'm happy with. I'll try again next week with the hope of getting a similar haul which should do me for one good trip and one light one. We almost had a frost here in North Wales on Saturday night, the sky was clear and it was perilously close even at sea level. Would love to find one of these purple patches other people have posted, mine are all spread out!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Old_Toby] * 2
    #27507870 -

Had some fun picking in North Wales this weekend and will most likely see off the season in South Wales next week. If it ended now it's still been the best season I've experienced. I've usually gone for a one off camping trip in Wales in October but went to different parks every week this year and even after years of foraging hadn't realised how common they can be. There's thousands upon thousands of them out there. Although despite being so common, if anything it's even more remarkable that there's so many out there and so few people are interested.

Here's a few pics...

   

   

:peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Liberte]
    #27507889 -

Liberte said:



:peace:



This cluster... :shocked:


--------------------
Experimenting with sobriety

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #27507906 -

Loving the Google earth picture, very interesting, do you know what was once built there?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: TheForrager]
    #27507920 -

TheForrager said:
Loving the Google earth picture, very interesting, do you know what was once built there?



I expected this to be an ancient site, as this is what I'm after. I found it on bing OS maps (my latest greatest discovery... OS maps on bing!) but I came across information on the internet that these "are believed to be" remains of an eighteenth century structure used by hunters to gather before the hunts.


--------------------
Experimenting with sobriety

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Dr. Delban] * 2
    #27507988 -

Wonderful seeing all these amazing hauls. Gives me hope. Have been harvesting the mighty lib for the last 20 years but down south hasn’t seemed to have flushed to peak yet. Been out twice so far but places where I’ve seen thousands years gone by have only been producing 100s and that’s with a lot of hiking. Really is great to have a forum like this with so many people sharing the same passion for the mystical and wonderful lib. My life has been made richer for finding them. Wish me luck for my next forage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Juniooz2]
    #27507991 -

Just found this forum. I live near Dartmoor, newton abbot. I am going to have a hunt this week, have no clue where to start, haven't done shrooms in years (Cork Ireland back in the day)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: magicroy]
    #27508088 -

magicroy said:
Just found this forum. I live near Dartmoor, newton abbot. I am going to have a hunt this week, have no clue where to start, haven't done shrooms in years (Cork Ireland back in the day)



Have a look at page 6 - I found some mush in Ireland over 2 weeks ago.

In the south here I believe we need another good rainfall and a further drop in temperatures for the main flush to happen. I went to Somerset this week and seen many libs in some spots, but not super dense and they were all small.


--------------------
Experimenting with sobriety

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #27508246 -

At last we have some red squares on Magic Mushroom Map on the south coast.
I've been to a few spots I know over the last couple of weeks and didn't find a single shroom.
Going back tomorrow as now showing red, so will see how accurate MMM is, we've got some good rain forecast over the next few days, so should at least be some by the end of the week. Happy Hunting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #27508497 -

If you're looking for ancient sites you should teach yourself how to use Lidar datasets. It's much easier than it might seem at first glance & the kind of features you're looking for really jump out at you when you get the hang of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Old_Toby]
    #27508658 -

What do you guys think about full moons effecting flushes? Any truth to this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Juniooz2]
    #27509101 -

Can’t imagine it makes any difference, it’s all about temps and rainfall imo


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Old_Toby]
    #27509173 -

Old_Toby said:
If you're looking for ancient sites you should teach yourself how to use Lidar datasets. It's much easier than it might seem at first glance & the kind of features you're looking for really jump out at you when you get the hang of it.



Where do I even start with this? Is there a central database for this?


--------------------
Experimenting with sobriety

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Dr. Delban] * 1
    #27509273 -

Actually found some today (50 in 2 hours) in Dorset / Hampshire in the forest which is not old.
They were few and far between, hopefully be better at the end of this week after all this rain,
  First time this year MMM has shown at red areas. so its forecasting is pretty accurate, think I will subscribe.
Happy hunting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Chedderfish7]
    #27509353 -

A small harvest from one of my usual spots.

Not the size or quantity I was hoping for, but plenty of time until Mr Frost arrives. (Hopefully)

It was also a nocturnal walk with a friend, hunting by flashlight isn't the best. :smile:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Chedderfish7]
    #27509737 -

It depends where you are in the UK. I use the datasets from Natural Resources Wales, which you can download but you can also live-view the LIDAR maps for Wales Here and for England Here

All you need to do on the above maps is zoom in on a site you're interested in until you see the topographic map. The beauty of LIDAR is that it looks beneath the foliage/grass rather than just whatever's on top of it so features that may not be visible to the naked on on a satellite image really jump out at you. I use it in combination with Google Earth so I can get a better look at features that may be interesting.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **official UK liberty cap season 2021** (NO ID REQUESTS!) [Re: Liberte]
    #27509738 -

Thanks for the encouragement. I went back out yesterday morning in the wind and rain and this time I went to a site about 200 feet higher than where I was at on Friday. I was very gratified to see it was in full flush & I managed to exceed Friday's total in about an hour and a half with some decent sized shrooms. There was also a blanket of low cloud shielding me from any prying eyes (not that there was anyone out in the hills in that weather!) so I had a lovely time picking away to my heart's content without worrying about anyone disapproving from afar! Once I had as much as I wanted I went for a wander to some other sites I've never tried before, just out of curiosity, but there wasn't a lot going on with them. All told I got about 132 grams wet, 400ish in total. Really pleased with that after struggling on Friday.

So where I am the season is going strongest at 1200 feet and there are shrooms growing down to about 600 feet, although in much fewer number. I guess we should start seeing them close to sea level in the next 10 days or so, depending on the weather. It's still very warm for October.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Magic Field Part 3 Killa420 1,528 11 07/01/02 01:49 AM
by Killa420
* Magic Field Part 2 Killa420 1,608 9 06/29/02 02:06 PM
by Killa420
* Magic Mushrooms in Mississippi: Part Two mjshroomer 26,671 5 01/28/12 01:16 AM
by koraks
* best field guide? Raadt 5,348 19 10/01/02 07:00 PM
by angryshroom
* Asking the farmer to go on his field Rusty 1,987 13 06/30/04 05:20 AM
by FULC
* Targeting potential fields YourHighness 1,180 2 03/28/02 04:21 PM
by DONOTDELETE
* Authentic mushroom demon mask found while hunting! :) ajna 1,719 14 03/31/05 12:48 AM
by psiclops
* Small Field Guide - Pacific NorthWest BigBallZMaN 21,656 9 06/30/05 08:28 PM
by mjshroomer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
45,174 topic views. 0 members, 18 guests and 48 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.