Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: Doctor Mario]
    #27184201 -

Doctor Mario said:
That's definitely mold.



Thanks for confirming. Both spots are where I streaked, so I blame you roar :lol:
Couldn’t be my sterile technique nooo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: ragehottie]
    #27184489 -

Alright dudes/dudettes I spawned 6 of the 8 jars this morning to some 17qt tubs following fahts tek.


The grain broke up in the jars easy and smelled fantastic. I only had 1 gallon bags on hand and they worked just fine.


Three tubs that all look like this. I wasn’t sure about the initial hole placement and had only drilled one tub as a control. It was perfect considering these will be cased at 100%. So I drilled out the rest and went on my way. Cheap 8gal trash bags used for liners, about 2-3 inches trimmed off all around.

Now we wait...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: Tankie_J]
    #27184665 -

Looks good dude!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: Tankie_J]
    #27184702 -

Nice!  :popcorn:

Faht

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: fahtster]
    #27185309 -

2/3/2021
The 2nd swab germinated somethin. Still not sure if it's myc. Looks kinda funny. Took transfers anyway.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: Doctor Mario]
    #27186560 -

Late to the game, but I am in!



Let's see what these do!


--------------------
β€œThe strength of a person's spirit would then be measured by how much 'truth' he could tolerate, or more precisely, to what extent he needs to have it diluted, disguised, sweetened, muted, falsified.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: anatomality]
    #27187129 -

2/4/2021

Yep, I definitely transferred mold...



--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: Doctor Mario]
    #27187136 -

Damn, good attempt! need a backup?

Edited by D_T.eonanacatl (02/14/21 07:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: D_T.eonanacatl]
    #27187150 -

Thank you. I've got 2 more swabs available if need be. I'm determined to get this working.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: Doctor Mario]
    #27188630 -

Moving to T1s tonight 



:pipesmoke2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: junk_f00d]
    #27188699 -

Damn it you guys are making me jelly!


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: Doctor Mario]
    #27188754 -

Dang sorry about your luck Mario, swabs are tough. What's your agar recipe? I've been having really good luck lately using a water:agar ratio of 1L:15g, might even go softer soon like 12-13g.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: junk_f00d]
    #27188762 -

8g LME and 9g Agar per 500mL

The last swab threw some crazy fast mold. Like super super fast shit. I've got 2 more swabs that I'm gonna try but I might wait until next month. I'm pretty sure that I'm moving in about 38 days. All projects are gonna come to a halt.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: Doctor Mario]
    #27188784 -

Finally jumping in! Hopefully dont make an ass of myself! Lmao... either way, we're in this together!


:rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: roarkell]
    #27189260 -

Didn't know this was happening. I'll have a crack too.

Just stabbed them into plates. One was a total fumble :facepalm3:


--------------------
Here Lies This Individual




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: The Dalcassian]
    #27189306 -

I've had an APE syringe sitting around for awhile, i think i might whip up some plates today and join you guys. Havent done an ape grow before. Ill post pics as i get em.


--------------------
Reborn - 6/08/13

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: MushyMatt]
    #27189761 -

Still no germination for me yet  :grrr:
Using 17:20 agar/LME per 1000mL

Gonna try a couple different methods with some new plates and then bury them. Seems like people are having success with that


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: Doctor Mario]
    #27189790 -

Doctor Mario said:
8g LME and 9g Agar per 500mL

The last swab threw some crazy fast mold. Like super super fast shit. I've got 2 more swabs that I'm gonna try but I might wait until next month. I'm pretty sure that I'm moving in about 38 days. All projects are gonna come to a halt.



I tried the same ratio of agar last night for some other swabs, coincidentally, and found it was too rigid to press the swab in and have the agar squish around it like jello or vaseline would. instead my agar would crack and split (but my agar could be stronger per gram or something too). That's the consistency I'm going for now with my swabs, like soft jello, trying 12g to 1L today. Definitely worth a shot IMO, I've found I prefer softer agar across the board now basically. shreds up super nice when dropping into grain as well

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: junk_f00d]
    #27189847 -

hey,

Id like to jump in on this if possible?? has anyone got any swabs etc I could have or buy in the uk?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roars APE grow along/comparative 2021! [Re: LordDabura]
    #27189965 -

LordDabura said:
hey,

Id like to jump in on this if possible?? has anyone got any swabs etc I could have or buy in the uk?



Shoot me your addy and I'll get a set of swabs sent out asap!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* growing azures indoors Anonymous 4,885 13 12/25/16 06:23 PM
by Beginner1974
* Guerilla Growing Revision 1 - 2mb Pics! JazzMatazz 2,837 17 10/14/02 12:06 PM
by JazzMatazz
* Casing to fruiting questions (**UPDATE**pics)
( 1 2 all )
MAIA 8,901 24 09/11/01 04:25 AM
by MAIA
* Organic Rye - P.C. Orissa India Grow.
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
B4um 1,599 85 12/17/21 03:29 PM
by B4um
* Hydro-Pod newbie grow log
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
thedm9 21,991 80 09/26/01 02:14 PM
by CACA
* Strain Comparison **UPDATE** The_Mad_Hatter 2,282 12 08/20/02 11:23 PM
by The_Mad_Hatter
* Updated Alien Tek substrate recipe? logical 4,328 1 08/05/02 06:22 PM
by logical
* 4th day UPDATE w/ Pics!! Vizzerdrix 00 1,538 12 07/13/02 07:46 AM
by Vizzerdrix 00

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
6,234 topic views. 11 members, 75 guests and 183 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.