Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
good news!!!!
    #2665231 - 05/11/04 10:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Bush approval rating hits lowest point :
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&am...hitslowestpoint

"For an incumbent to be at 46% job approval at this point in an election year has historically always spelled defeat"

thank god!! i only hope the numbers, keep going down  :smile: im soooo glad i live in a swing state..my vote will actually count, ive got all my friends off their lazy asses to go vote kerry. john kerry shall take Ohio  :cool:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: good news!!!! [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2665247 - 05/11/04 10:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

john kerry shall take Ohio

Damn shame too.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2665328 - 05/11/04 10:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

He's going down folks. He's going down.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: good news!!!! [Re: Learyfan]
    #2665346 - 05/11/04 10:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Let me open my zipper!

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: good news!!!! [Re: Evolving]
    #2667915 - 05/12/04 10:52 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

zing

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
    #2667925 - 05/12/04 10:59 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

King, be sure to check into what kind of voting machines are used in your state.

Ohio is Diebold territory, and there was a memo from a Diebold exec promising to deliver the state to Bush in 2004.

Make sure theres a papertrail.(Present Diebold machines do not have a paper trail and are easily manipulated from outside sources)

Otherwise, its left to the honor system, and we all know how much honor is present in politics.

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2668028 - 05/12/04 11:57 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

good....but hey, he'll still probably get elected :P

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: good news!!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2669068 - 05/12/04 04:48 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

just like his dad went down, i cant WAIT till bush jr. jr. gets elected in 8 years.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Better news [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2669137 - 05/12/04 05:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Wednesday, May 12, 2004 12:11 p.m. EDT
Bush Widens Lead Despite Scandal

NewsMax.com's Fr. Michael Reilly notes that the Democrats' presidential contender has been unable to capitalize on the deluge of bad publicity for the Bush White House.

After what most pundits would consider a week from hell for President Bush, a new poll conducted since the Iraqi prisoner scandal indicates that he has actually widened his lead over Sen. John Kerry.

Investor's Business Daily/TIPP polled 981 adults between May 2 and May 8 [after the scandal broke] and found that Bush leads Kerry 46 percent to 41 percent, with Ralph Nader garnering 5 percent. Even without Nader, Bush is still leading Kerry 47 percent to 44 percent.

Worse still for the Dems, Bush is leading Kerry in 18 key swing states by 49 percent to 40 percent. Among independent voters, it's a statistical dead heat, with the president at 40 percent and Kerry at 39 percent.

"Despite a tough month, Bush seems to have come out ahead," said Raghavan Mayur, president of TIPP, a unit of TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence and IBD's polling partner. "Bush's ratings have improved among 15 of the 21 demographic groups we track."

Another big factor in Bush's favor is voter intensity: 68 percent of Bush's supporters strongly support him while only 38 percent of Kerry backers are strongly committed.

The poll also indicates that Bush's advertising in swing states has made a real difference. in April, Kerry was leading the president 45 percent to 41 percent in key battleground states. He now trails Bush in those same states, 51 percent to 36 percent.

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblejp411896
AsteroidsChampeen
 User Gallery

Loc: No idea
    #2676062 - 05/13/04 11:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

(Assuming the voting/popularity polls aren't somehow rigged) Americans are like a battered woman. They'll run back to george no matter what he does. Our only hope is that he decides it's too much trouble and drops out. The only relief in seeing him in office for another 4 years is that the idiots that put him there will get what they deserve. It's a shame they won't pay much attention to it happening though. Doubly a shame that the people that know what a godawful president george is will be doomed to the same fate.

Yes, kerry looks like he sucks too...but at least we have a chance to slow the bleeding.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: good news!!!! [Re: jp411896]
    #2676145 - 05/13/04 11:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jp411896 said:
(Assuming the voting/popularity polls aren't somehow rigged) Americans are like a battered woman. They'll run back to george no matter what he does. Our only hope is that he decides it's too much trouble and drops out. The only relief in seeing him in office for another 4 years is that the idiots that put him there will get what they deserve. It's a shame they won't pay much attention to it happening though. Doubly a shame that the people that know what a godawful president george is will be doomed to the same fate.

Yes, kerry looks like he sucks too...but at least we have a chance to slow the bleeding.

i rather die quickly or not at all.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Loc: NY
    #2676657 - 05/14/04 04:37 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

their is a god. bush is gone. stern had the head of clear channel cursed now he needs to do the same for bush to lock in a win for kerry. im willing to bet bush will loose unless he cheats again

--------------------
[url=http://kratom.tcotu.net Low Priced, High Quality Kratom[/url]

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: good news!!!! [Re: AhronZombi]
    #2676791 - 05/14/04 05:41 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

He didn't cheat the first time.

Gore lost, get over it.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: good news!!!! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2676920 - 05/14/04 07:44 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So barring potential democrat voters from voting is not cheating? Hmmmm..

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: good news!!!! [Re: GazzBut]
    #2678275 - 05/14/04 03:59 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So, you can show me where GW blocked anyone from voting?

hmmm.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #2678348 - 05/14/04 04:13 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The French were barred from voting in Florida

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: good news!!!! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2678367 - 05/14/04 04:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
The French were barred from voting in Florida

They should be barred everywhere.

--------------------

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#2678405 - 05/14/04 04:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i still think its funny there are bush supporters on a drug board :lol: nothing like voting for your own opressors. while kerry isnt going to legalize stuff, his voting records on drug bills are all pro drug. Kerry was invloved in the anti-nam movement when he got back from it. he admits to smoking weed and id almost guarantee he dropped acid. i want a president who's mind has been opened up by psychedelics. kerry has seen the other side

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2678437 - 05/14/04 04:29 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

There's a difference between being a supporter and pointing out bullshit. If you're looking for a site where everyone will pat you on the back and shout "here, here" every time someone makes a bullshit statement, I'm sure you can find one.

And drugs usage does not a good president make.

Quote:

i want a president who's mind has been opened up by psychedelics. kerry has seen the other side

Proof please.

--------------------

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#2678733 - 05/14/04 05:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
And drugs usage does not a good president make.

obviously, G W blew a fuckload of coke and he is a terrible president. the worst enviromental president ever!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion